No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +16.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Dying
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Dying
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-08-02 04:51   
Ok i realize that u can die . How ever i have died in mv with a 30% hull at least 3x and i have relogged each time to make sure there is no desynce hmm what 2 do plz respond ne hlp is usefull ty. Died~1000~Deaths
[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2010-08-20 23:04 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-08-02 05:11   
Notice the symptoms of desync. For me, they usually are:-
1) Planet resource count not being updated
2) AI ships rotating while moving in a straight line.
3) Abnormally long periods of time between messages, whether from chat or server.
4) Fighters, mines, bombs or missiles being launched with long delay, or no launch altogether.

These all signify the update failure of the environment i.e. the desync syndrome.
In such cases, the cure for this prevalent ailment is a dose of Relog or one spoon of SYing. Known preventive measures include updating internet access hardware and its firmware, getting better modems/routers, subscribing to faster and significantly stable internet providers, moving to the major technological areas if possible, and lastly, playing DS on big F's computer.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-02 05:16   
Reoccurring desync signifies an extremely unstable connection, or a setup that is blocking a significant amount of traffic.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-02 06:07   
usualy "not dieing" or "hull not going down" while under heavy fire is the best sign to have a desync and better run

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-08-02 10:36   
Quote:

On 2010-08-02 04:51, Died~1000~Deaths wrote:
Ok i realize that u can die . How ever i have died in mv with a 30% hull at least 3x and i have relogged each time to make sure there is no desynce hmm what 2 do plz respond ne hlp is usefull ty. Died~1000~Deaths

You say you jump out with 30% hull and afterwards you still die, or you just die,no lag, but 30% hull actualy left?

About lag: There is an order you may type in chat:

"/chat focus1" or what was it?

it reduces your range for diamonds or something, lowering the lag.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-02 10:57   
I would not recommend typing "/focus 1", unless of course you want to be oblivious to everything going on around you.

If you have insanely high latency, and your network has trouble receiving or sending packets, you'll find your client will get out of sync very quickly.

Whilst you see yourself at 30% hull, everyone else may see you at 5%. And whilst you might see yourself jumping away, on the server, you may still be where you were as the server is still waiting for the jump command, or has received it later than it should.

Capt.Nut
Vice Admiral
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-08-02 11:34   
It also has to deal with communication from the isp provider too the server.
Best exsample is like a traffic jame the isp could be overloaded to the point some or all communication to and from the server is lost. Another thing your connection. Like dsl if ya phone line miss wired or this too much static ya connection suffers same for cable if it ant wired proally. So best advice is to get a tester and find out.
mott: If people can not rely on friends and fleet members all is loss.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-08-02 11:44   
Quote:

On 2010-08-02 10:57, BackSlash wrote:
I would not recommend typing "/focus 1", unless of course you want to be oblivious to everything going on around you.

If you have insanely high latency, and your network has trouble receiving or sending packets, you'll find your client will get out of sync very quickly.

Dont want to go off topic.

But what does the command "/focus 1" exactly do and is there a way to set it back?

Also: maybe 50% of the players seem get lag whenever UGTO and ICC fight
with more then 10 players each(roughly).

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-02 16:37   
Quote:

Whilst you see yourself at 30% hull, everyone else may see you at 5%. And whilst you might see yourself jumping away, on the server, you may still be where you were as the server is still waiting for the jump command, or has received it later than it should.

People are often out of sync with the server and quite frequently I see in chat people confirming there hull/armor status with others to see if they are out of sync or not.

Now I'm no network code wizard, but isn't the server supposed to "update" the client on a regular basis to prevent this form happening?

It would not be the first time I encounter that my client tells me, that my hull/armor is damaged and while I sit and wait idle expecting to be repaired by supply drones, passing the time browsing the web or with idle chat nothing is happening. I would have at least expected the server to send my a package that contains accurate data regarding my ships status and that of my target.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-02 17:13   
The worst case of desynchronisation I've seen is some people blowing up with 100% shields: their clients reported shields were on, the server treated them as being off.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-02 19:27   
Quote:

On 2010-08-02 11:44, Perihelion wrote:
Quote:

Dont want to go off topic.

But what does the command "/focus 1" exactly do and is there a way to set it back?

Also: maybe 50% of the players seem get lag whenever UGTO and ICC fight
with more then 10 players each(roughly).

The "/focus" command makes the targeting dimonds of players/planets/missles/fighters, etc visible to the set distance. /focus 1 would make only objects within 1gu of your location have the targeting dimonds. The defult is /focus 5000.

The other night during the big battle in Sagittarius with ICC and UGTO (plus some K'luth lurking around) my fps was down to <5 between 18 UGTO and about the same amount of ICC, plus the hundreds of missles/fighters flying every which way. During that I used /focus 2000 and it bumped my fps up to around 20 since there was so many less missles for my computer to cry about. That didn't really help the fact that there was so much network lag that i couldn't hit the ICC station that had just jumped in, but it sure helped my fps.

Typing "/focus 5000" will set this back to normal.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-03 00:24   
DarkSpace network code needs more reliability especialy in statuses (hull, armors, shields, gadget status, etc.) I think.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-03 01:08   
I've found that turning off UDP in clientsetup solves most if not all my desync problems. It doesn't help when cloud bombing but I don't get cloak desync problems or see myself blow up with 50% hull.

It doesn't help others that are desynced though, like if your target is showing 0% hull to everyone but isn't blowing up.

Somewhere between NJ and Texas (is that where the servers are?) I drop packets, so I can't use UDP.

Run clientsetup and turn off UDP if it's on, and see if it improves things.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-03 02:18   
correct me, if i'm wrong, but:

UDP
-> better latency cause the client dont have to confirm every recieved packet
-> higher possibillity to desync if some packets get dropped/ not recieved at all

TCP
-> client must confirm every recieved packet -> higher network traffic & higher latency
-> because client confirm every packet, missed/dropped/bad packets will be resend

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-03 04:11   
i think its intersting how they always assume it has to be your connection. Oh noes it couldnt be even possible for it to be server side. They have used that argument for years i think Azreal talked about this in a post about this type of thing before.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034026 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR