No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Splitting the faction to 2 sides
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Splitting the faction to 2 sides
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-06 13:39   
After the event in July organized by JBud, I have an idea of making MV more interesting to play.

In the choosing faction screen, there are 6 options to choose: 3 factions and 2 sides. Ig: ICC A, ICC B; UGTO A, UGTO B; KLuth A, KLuth B. Which means, a fleet player can choose A side or B side in the same faction.

All factions on A side should be allied, same with B side. To be more specific, the player who picks ICC A will see UGTO A and KLuth A as green, ICC B and UGTO B and KLuth B as red.

Why do I suggest this idea?
  • To make MV different than Scenario.
    Scenario has storyline, therefore any player joins in must obey the flow of it.
    MV doesn't have any storyline. The role desire in MV is to gain prestige, and to use modded ships. Hence the idea is tolerant.
  • To make MV more interesting.
    Whoever took part in the July event might commemorate how exciting it was to observe UGTO vs UGTO, and KLuth vs KLuth. Imagine such fights occur in MV, you must be addicited.
    Fighting the enemy which has the same pros and cons clearly determines true pilot's skill.
    Together, a mix of factions creates major diversity of combination group. The ability must be infinite; the upheaval can't be fathomed.
  • To make players more active.
    We all know there is nothing happen in faction home server for a long time unless somebody gets bored and invades. Waiting the boredom is weary.
    Now, with 2 sides, civil war shall break out in home galaxy occasionally. The players definitely have reason to play in home galaxies more often.

That's all in my mind now. Have been playing DS for months and gradually be saturated with repeating fights between factions.
Hunger for something fresh, something evolutionary to play style.

soberlife420
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-06 13:44   
great idea dude we need to spice up the combat in DS new ship types would be awesome its been the same ICCvsUggieVSKluth for years now, if not in MV at least in a scenario half the size of the MV civil war server or something like that hah

Email soberlife420
Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-06 13:49   
I don't think this idea fits in with the spirit and history of the game. The design of the factions is such that differently designed ships can fight each other. While sometimes there would be in-faction fighting, but it doesn't make sense to have factions if everyone is going to fight everyone anyway.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-06 14:58   
this no... but i stil suport the idea of fleet wars

Email -Shadowalker-™
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-06 15:01   
ok idea but still want the fleet relations

Email *FTL*Soulless
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-06 16:12   
this is dumb. its just going to make it a boring, civil-war mashtogether.
and it will be a pain for visual identification

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-06 18:56   
Not going to happen.

nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-06 19:20   
Ummm yeah this wont EVER happen, although it would make it alot more up to skill. There are so many cons to it i would quit if it was implemented. Fleet wars idea is defientely better, sorry.

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-06 20:53   
Quote:

On 2010-08-06 15:01, soulless93 wrote:
ok idea but still want the fleet relations

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-07 05:31   
Its a shame that this idea won't happen,. I actually asked my fleet to be UGTO B in Sag permanently a few months ago,. same reply although the code may support it ,. .. .
If the idea where to go ahead,. and Beta this may belong ,. it should be the option of Fleets alone to either be allied with their home faction or not,.. No Fancy Official Interfleet stuff, just Allied with neutral faction or not.
The option should only be given to fleets that have say min. 25 members,... .
Marshal options perhaps,. make it a lone wolf thing? o i duno,.
Back to topic,. I reckon this would make the game so much more dynamic,... fleets would have to stay true to their names,... You wouldn't see ICCU or GTN or PB non faction allied i would say,. but Wolf, Raven and RSM non allied,. <-- Based on name and status,. not members.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-08-07 07:39   
Quote:

On 2010-08-06 13:39, chlorophyll wrote:
After the event in July organized by JBud, I have an idea of making MV more interesting to play.

In the choosing faction screen, there are 6 options to choose: 3 factions and 2 sides. Ig: ICC A, ICC B; UGTO A, UGTO B; KLuth A, KLuth B. Which means, a fleet player can choose A side or B side in the same faction.

All factions on A side should be allied, same with B side. To be more specific, the player who picks ICC A will see UGTO A and KLuth A as green, ICC B and UGTO B and KLuth B as red.

Whoever took part in the July event might commemorate how exciting it was to observe UGTO vs UGTO, and KLuth vs KLuth. Imagine such fights occur in MV, you must be addicited.

Good idea, but this goes too far imo.
Maybe if an enemy ShipYard has been captured, the prevailing faction
is allowed to build foreign ships at this shipyard, untill the next dayly server reset. (or as long as their is still an enemy planet in sector, or for 5 hours, or any other restriction.)

These "interracial" ships can not be stored into the garage!

It would make enemy Shipyards become a much more interresting target.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-07 08:36   
The idea of having 2 teams on each faction seems illogical to me,. and wouldn't go with the storyline.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-07 08:59   
ya know this will remove any down right hostilities between factions, ya know ICC Hate luth, or Ugto hating luth... or luth hating other luth, etc
and maybe allow for friendly competition.

but seeing as everyone prefers playing B(female dog)space it doesnt seem likely.(thats even if this got implemented...which its not)

We are the Falix Brothers...

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-07 09:05   
Sorry - these are reserved for Events only..

If you wish to run an event, post an organized plan in the events forum.

-JBud

[ This Message was edited by: Darth Jaybud on 2010-08-07 09:05 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-07 10:29   
Quote:
On 2010-08-07 08:59, Damien Farbright wrote:
ya know this will remove any down right hostilities between factions, ya know ICC Hate luth, or Ugto hating luth... or luth hating other luth, etc
and maybe allow for friendly competition.

Allow me to illustrate the idea so that you don't misunderstand me.
In Selection screen:
Step 1 - Choose the side you want to join:
  • A
  • B

After choosing the side, the next screen will ask you:
Step 2 - Pick the faction you desire:
  • ICC
  • UGTO
  • K'Luth

In general, side A must fight side B, that means you will face 3 factions instead of 2.

How about fleet? I think fleet will pick side along with faction. Example: ICCU is ICC A, GTN is UGTO B, PB is KL'uth A. Fleet admin can change faction whenever they want; but only DS staff can change the side. Broadly speaking, fleet is more flexible.

This idea comes to me when I play other games where a match takes place among random players. It makes the game always dynamic.

Another reason I have this dream, is when I think about community. Normally human will always searching for partner whose strength adds in the weakness of one's own, in order to making the group perfect. With the current development of DS, players NEVER stop complaining about their factions disadvantage, and usually overestimate the other factions advantage. Hence the QQ has been going around in circle. Now when you have another faction side by side with you, so do your enemies, you can no longer lay the blame at anything but your poor strategy, skill and teamwork. This is what DS mean to be:
Quote:
DarkSpace is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game that combines tactical ship to ship combat with strategy in a team orientated game

Quote:
Darth Jaybud has wrote:
Sorry - these are reserved for Events only.

I think your event has put an idea into my head. A brilliant idea of a short event can change the game significantly when it applies eternally.
And sincerely, I don't want to wait 4 hours just for approximately 15 minutes combat again. (not mention about inconveniences caused by few interruptions during the event, which drove players reluctanly bored and quit)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024312 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR