Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [DEV UPDATE] Single server
 Author [DEV UPDATE] Single server
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-07 15:17   
Thank you all for your patience and help with testing this update. It has now gone live. Please post all feedback and bug reports here.

Something a lot of you have been after for a long time is finally here. Currently in beta is the release candidate version of the next update of DarkSpace which includes the single server interface.

However, we need your help to ensure the release candidate is ready for release. We don't want to release a buggy mess of non-working servers!

Things that need testing:

• Spawning from remote gates.
  • Using transfer gates.
  • Doing stuff on remote servers from the server your ship is currently in/connected to.
  • Using transfer gates to non-existing servers will cause the client to crash.

Current known issues (don't report these):

• The current beta MV is not the full MV. This is done for load issues, as the beta server is not as powerful as Titan.
  • Remote messages about disabling structures will not be seen server-wide.

Please post your feedback in this thread (and this thread only).
Any off-topic replies will be removed.

Thank you.
- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-08-09 06:38 ]

LPv2.5
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-07 16:55   
I tried spawning a ship at the remote transfer gates. It was a little laggy (screen went blank for about 10 seconds) but it was otherwise seamless. Going from gate to gate was also seamless.

A few times when I would turn my ship a frozen jump counter would appear in the middle of the screen and go away when I turned again.

I was able to activate and deactive items on the planets while on the remote servers. I was also able to order ships to do tasks in the remote servers, with one exception. When I tried to order an AI ship into the pirate system, their orders would change to something else. Not sure if that is suppsed to happen, but figured I would mention it.

[ This Message was edited by: LP v2.2 on 2010-08-07 17:25 ]
[ This Message was edited by: LP v2.2 on 2010-08-07 17:26 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-08-07 17:57   
AI's can go from one server into another.. they will just ignore your orders.

Goto the website of Faustus
Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-08 00:01   
While changing servers other than it being really laggy (which could be for oh so many reasons) your ECM and ECCM devices turn off. I'm glad it remembers your speed.

Also trying to spawn in another servers transfer gate kicks you back to the please choose your faction screen.
Example: I tried to spawn at sag gate 6 in polaris when I joined the beta server and it first kicked me back to the faction screen I choose my faction again and try to spawn and it works.

While I was in Lacaille no diamond selectors appeared for anything unless I was in the F2 screen. Planets fired and nothing showed up but damage was done to me.

After checking a little more nothing on the second server is showing up unless they are AI ships that came from the first server. Ships are not even visable unless selected in the F2 screen and they dont make sound unless they are visable also. Planets show what is on them if you select them in F2 or else they are not selectable.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-08 05:05   
After changing servers the servers systems changed planes,.
So looking @ my ship fully zoomed in i could see the whole of Ursa beneath,.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-08 05:52   
Keep the info coming, it's very important we squish all these bugs before we push this to release.

Please include as much info as possible when you post.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-08 08:20   
Arriving through an inter-server gate seems to cause a fair few issues with synchronisation, in that there can be a lot of ships clustered around the gate, and then they update and zoom off to wherever they're meant to be.

Also, Polaris, Lumar, Lacaille and Struve A are all lifted up off the map, and while you can navigate normally in those systems it makes the F2 map look odd.

Edit: Also, you can't long-jump between servers, it seems. You bash into an invisible wall and it pretends that you're jumping when you're actually not moving.
[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2010-08-08 08:30 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-08 08:51   
Quote:

On 2010-08-08 08:20, Gejaheline wrote:
Edit: Also, you can't long-jump between servers, it seems. You bash into an invisible wall and it pretends that you're jumping when you're actually not moving.

We're aware of this. Most likely won't be fixed before release.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-08 13:02   
Trying to talk but it doesn't seem my messages are received. Ursa Minor to Cassiopeia area, JBud and Faustus in the latter and I in the former. No responses to my messages at all. Not the faction chat nor the /y chat.

Putting someone in a distant server on camera rocks the camera view.

Giving orders from one server to another auto-cancels that order.

Distant planets can still be affected as normal, though, so that at least works... haven't received alert messages from outside ursa minor though.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-08 13:14   
@Bardiche I asked faustus about it, he says chat is local to your server... AI do not pass through stargates, but he did mention that it's possible if you select someone outside the server that you may hear their chat, but to have a conversation you would probably have to select eachother, or join the same server...

Im not sure why ordering players outside of servers does not work, that could possibly be a bug.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2010-08-08 13:15 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-08 16:02   
Ok.... this is a wierd one so bare with me.

I use the sag transfer gate to go from ansere to sag. After i went through the transfer gate the camera just sat there at the gate without my ship in view for several seconds then finally it started flipping out. It is still flipping out and has been for several minutes now.... to the point. It is telling me i am entering orbit and leaving orbit of every planet in the system over and over again, when it originally showed my ship it said i was jumping and had 13.5 seconds left of the jump. It is also showing that i am ordering every ai ship to go to/scout/defend/repair every single targetable thing in the game (except for player characters). So now i have a never ending stream of stuff i am supposedly doing that i am not.. i have just been sitting here watching it tell me i am orbiting every planet at once and leaving every planet at once over and over... its really strange.

more info. i playing as ugto and was in a heavy supply ship, i had my jump drives where charged, i had zero damage and had the console open.
[ This Message was edited by: Cory_O on 2010-08-08 16:11 ]
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-08 19:24   
I haven't got around to trying beta out yet, but if I'm understanding what Jbud is saying its not possible to /faction or /yell chat to players in a different server? I think that it would be a good idea to allow players to chat with their whole faction from a different server since all the servers are now acting more as one.

-SGK

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-08 19:32   
Quote:

On 2010-08-08 19:24, SpaceGK wrote:
I haven't got around to trying beta out yet, but if I'm understanding what Jbud is saying its not possible to /faction or /yell chat to players in a different server? I think that it would be a good idea to allow players to chat with their whole faction from a different server since all the servers are now acting more as one.

-SGK

Keep in mind you can still use /say to talk to anyone in the metaverse room, but i do agree that something should be done to let normal game chat pass between servers..

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-09 03:47   
when u get disconnected in the mv for example u get disconnected in the what used to be the sag server. When u go back into game yo log into ursa so this locks ur garage. This will in effect force everyoen to wait 2 mins anytime anyone disconnects from whereever they might have been.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Mutant (GenX)
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-09 05:15   
Unable to log into sag server only server available is scenario, ursa minor and beta. Lost all home servers and sag server.

Are they down atm ?

Edit>> Logging into Ursa Minor causes rank to be visiable as red only to LT Com.

But after clicking on a ship my rank IE, FA ( a dread or station though its red to me ) causes it to restart ship select screen and makes ships your rank white again.
[ This Message was edited by: Namor the Mutant on 2010-08-09 06:01 ]

Edit>> New Note > Make jump drive fuel longer in jump drive since theres a lot more systems to navigate. we seem to run out of fuel before we get to enemy systems or even neutral systems.
[ This Message was edited by: Namor the Mutant on 2010-08-09 09:46 ]

Page created in 0.021324 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR