No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Beef up platforms
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Beef up platforms
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-10 07:31   
Quote:

On 2010-08-10 07:18, NoBoDx wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 23:07, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Even K'luths will have to reconsider attacking planets (or clusters) when faced with the prospect of invoking the wrath of say... 6 Heavy weap plats carrying 12 Ion Cannons or QSTs with their accompanying Heavy Chem lasers.

serriously i wont be intimidated by more weapons, because most of those platforms are placed around a planet, limiting their field of fire, and because they're roughly placed in a line, you only have to deal with one platform shooting at you at a time

They can be defeated. But it takes a lot of time and work. And if some player ship jumps in, you have to back off again.

Picture a cluster with 13 Def planets, 10 sensor plats around it, and having 10 of those proposed heavy weap plats with dual core weaps and their supp plats in attendance.

It's gonna be a tough nut to crack, impossible if you're alone.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-10 09:15   
Quote:
Shig when you say weapon plats are the same standards as Dreads, just for weapons because they sure as heck don't withstand an attack like a dread. Two blasts and they are done.

I said they are Destroyer-level, and then the same as Dreads. The key is level: their gadgets share the same levels as either Destroyers or Dreads, depending on the platform type. They obviously have a lot less armoring and armament and thus aren't (nor are they meant to be) able to attack or withstand attack like an actual dread.

At the moment they use the same gadgets as ships do, so they should have the same firing range as a ship of the appropriate class, minus enhancements, obviously.

The suggestions are all well and good, but they're not likely to get attention prior to the general rework.

Email Shigernafy
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-10 09:16   
it depends on placing
if you can position yourself to reduce the amount of shoots fired at you, ure fine
if you make a bad (e-)jump and land in front of them.... that would hurt for sure

and cruisers / dreads / stations can take quite some core-hits ( even friggs can survive a hit or two)

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-10 09:17   
Also, not to keep using this line (I know I'm getting tired of it and I'm a dev) but the new planetary system rework should help with some of these issues as well.. it might actually be better to rework the platforms at that point, considering planets are their primary point of deployment.

Email Shigernafy
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-10 10:26   
Quote:

On 2010-08-10 01:09, Lithium wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-09 23:07, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

Even K'luths will have to reconsider attacking planets (or clusters) when faced with the prospect of invoking the wrath of say... 6 Heavy weap plats carrying 12 Ion Cannons or QSTs with their accompanying Heavy Chem lasers.

I think only K'luth care plats.
They're way too easy to destroy for human factions. (They have real medium to long range ships)

true but our supp plats fail at healing themselves. least ICC's do...

We are the Falix Brothers...

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-08-10 11:37   
Speaking of platforms, what happened to MI Subverted Weapon Platforms, back in 1.530~? Damn, those THINGS were so hard to beat...it took my Scale 15 alphas with 3 breaks of recharging to hull the platform to 40%...
Those were the big bad things, 4000(?) gu homing torpedoes, dreadnought grade 3(?) layers of reflectives...my back-then siphon partner had to constantly cloak because 2 of those things hammering his armor, and the longhead hulling him.

In the end, i got a worker and tractored the THINGS into Eassl

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010623 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR