Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth from the eyes of Ravens
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
 Author Kluth from the eyes of Ravens
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-19 04:38   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 18:55, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
"and you enemies are sniping you"

not possible because of cloak.

@kenny: so, we're starting with the premise, backed up by experience from ICC players playing kluth and quite a few kluth players, that something about kluth gives them an advantage over the other factions, and you want us to take away AND give something? so... keep the status quo but in a different way?

im not quite sure youve caught on to what were talking about =P

i do want to take away some things and give others, but not in a manner that just gets us back to square 1. i think the game is fundamentally imbalanced, and this discussion isnt or has it ever been about "nerfing" kluth (i want my gameplay to be fun, not sickeningly easy, which btw is something i experienced on kluth!). i certainly understand your perspective: someone is saying my faction is OP, or it looks like it, so i should defend it; but thats wrong. you shouldnt care about just your faction, you should care about this wonderful game instead. if i put ICC above DS i wouldnt have proposed the switch, it wouldnt have made sense for me to. many PB think they "won" somehow by getting me to take over ICC space or whatever, but all i was trying to do was demonstrate that there was something seriously wrong with the GAME that i love but that i still have a lot of trouble finding myself really WANTING to play because of those things that are still seriously wrong. i do believe i succeeded.

Let's see. The way you've gone about things is completely.... how would you put it... negative.

In the past couple of weeks, you have been suggesting to "balance" (but what you imply is really nerf. Read between the lines)

- Kluth cloak
- SIs
- Krill (ok, so you've finally given that charade up)
- UGTO repair rates

It's all negative.

You see, K'luth has no problem with UGTO, UGTO has no problems with K'luth. It's pretty much established.

Only a few ICC players similar to yourself are complaining and whinging, asking to weaken one or more aspects of the other factions so that they would be balanced against yours.

How about trying something positive for a change? Like suggesting a buff? There was a time when ICC was rejoicing about Def mode. And not long after, QQ again?

My positive contribution has been to increase ICC armor to the point where it would match UGTO's armor, and then still have your existing shield over it. It would give you a lot more survivability vs K'luth or UGTO alike, making up for your slightly weaker weapons. Also putting the faction in line with the "defensive" tag.

Quote:

On 2010-08-18 18:55, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
why bring up SI? because a siphon using SI could snipe down a HC from 800gu which is sort of stupid. i think we did a good job addressing cloak so far and had some constructive comments so im moving to other more minor issues while generally trying to get conversation going. what would YOU like to talk about, if not SI? what do you think is wrong with kluth? since you seem to have an issue with literally every word that comes out of my mouth, you go ahead and pick a subject.

And ICC dreads can snipe other factions cruiser from max range.
You're comparing an SI equipped dread vs a cruiser? Whoa there.... is this your weird idea of a strawman's argument?

No K'luth cruiser could touch an ICC dread, or even cruiser.... in terms of range or durability. So let's talk abt dread vs dread, ok?

A CD and AD would still outrange a Siphon by over 300gus. Granted, no Siphon would be dumb enough to allow you to do that, unless you actually want them to. Still, ICs have the fastest projectile and will hit other faction's dread more often then they would hit yours.

Come to think of it, what you actually want is for ICC to be able to hit K'luth, without K'luth being able to hit you back, hence your range nerf ideas. Right? But then all we'd do would be to close in to under 400gus and hit you... and then your next complaint would be the cloak.... or that the 'ruptors are too powerful up close... or that the 'ruptors outrange your CL beams .... or that 'ruptors don't have falloff.... etc etc... the list goes on.

So here's a subject for you to ponder: Go do something about your faction instead, since you obviously have issues fighting the other 2 factions.

I could think of a number of things.
- ECCM that autopings at certain intervals
- Cloak disrupting torpedoes (if the Devs could be bothered to code it)
- Beacons that, when stuck to a hull, can actually be targetted by everyone within a certain range
- More armor for ICC
- Swap out the Railgun for some energy based weapon

At least those things don't involve cutting down other factions.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-19 05:09 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-19 05:03   
Keep the personal attacks out of this thread please.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-19 14:49   
Quote:

On 2010-08-19 04:38, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

O'rly?

a dread yes, a cruiser that has a sober and Non-stupid pilot No.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-19 15:34   
ion cannon can hit a dessie most of the time at 600 without much trouble, i wonder what range it can hit cruisers and dreads

also by 600 i mean going nearly perpendicular to their line of fire, and constant swerving try to dodge, and if you do dodge most of the time its by a near miss 10 gu

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-20 01:22   
Quote:

On 2010-08-19 14:49, Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* wrote:
Quote:

O'rly?

a dread yes, a cruiser that has a sober and Non-stupid pilot No.

Same thing for what Larky said abt Kluth dreads being able to hit the HC at range with the SI

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-20 16:57   
Quote:

I could think of a number of things.
- ECCM that autopings at certain intervals
- Cloak disrupting torpedoes (if the Devs could be bothered to code it)
- Beacons that, when stuck to a hull, can actually be targetted by everyone within a certain range
- More armor for ICC
- Swap out the Railgun for some energy based weapon

I love the ECCM thing. Probably one of my favorite suggestions so far.

Don't know what you mean by torpedo disruption.

Love the beacon thing too (Kluth would complain though, be honest ).

ICC has shields, no need for silly armor.

I rarely have ammo trouble. Defense: orbit a planet, its slow going, but you will always have ammo. Offense: no good offense without a sup ship/station nearby. Only in hectic situations where we've been fighting in space for some time and stations/sups are concentrating on healing ships rather than ammo have I run out of IC rounds.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Page created in 0.009388 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR