- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » A call to humanity
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author A call to humanity
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-07 08:40   
Now days, an alliance between any two out of the three factions just would'nt work. This is due to players acting extremely hostile towards each other; especially out of game. Years ago when I first started playing this game everyone respected each other as players of the same game. We were a community back then. Now, everyday that goes by is another day that this community gets split further and further apart. Yes, we all smacktalk in game but these days it's getting to the point where the talk in yell chat is down right hostile between each of the three factions players.

Some of this smacktalk is even worse out of game and in the DS forums. We all know that there are balance issues in the game, always has been and always will be. But, the least we can do as players (of the same game) is to post an intelligent reply on the forums. All these "oh ICC is QQ'ing, UGTO is QQ'ing and Kluth is QQ'ing" replys are getting annoying. Try posting something that requires some thought and effort. And, learn to tolerate the thoughts of other players. For example, person A posts a thought on what can be done for some game issue, person B replys with another thought on the same issue, and then in comes person C with an "oh quit your QQ'ing" post. Stop being person C and try posting an idea that will contribute to solving whatever the topic issue is.

I'm sure this post will draw quite a few flames. All I'm trying to do here is to get this community back to intelligent discussion between each other. We need to start respecting each other as people and players again. A little smacktalk in game on yell chat is fine, and we've all done it, but learn to keep it minimal and let your guns in the game do the talking for you. Out of game, act like an adult and show some respect towards fellow players. Over the past few days in game I've noticed that alot of smacktalk is coming from some of the faction hoppers/non-fleeted faction members. I don't know about some of you other players but, all that smacktalk can make your respective faction look bad in a new players eyes. Less smacktalk and more pew pew. If you are going to reply to my post please make it intelligent, seriously!!!

Email Supertrooper
Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-07 08:59   
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 08:40, Supertrooper wrote:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 (bulls eye)

[ This Message was edited by: A.I. Virus on 2010-09-07 09:00 ]

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-07 10:14   
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 08:40, Supertrooper wrote:
Now days, an alliance between any two out of the three factions just would'nt work. This is due to players acting extremely hostile towards each other; especially out of game. Years ago when I first started playing this game everyone respected each other as players of the same game. We were a community back then. Now, everyday that goes by is another day that this community gets split further and further apart. Yes, we all smacktalk in game but these days it's getting to the point where the talk in yell chat is down right hostile between each of the three factions players.

Some of this smacktalk is even worse out of game and in the DS forums. We all know that there are balance issues in the game, always has been and always will be. But, the least we can do as players (of the same game) is to post an intelligent reply on the forums. All these "oh ICC is QQ'ing, UGTO is QQ'ing and Kluth is QQ'ing" replys are getting annoying. Try posting something that requires some thought and effort. And, learn to tolerate the thoughts of other players. For example, person A posts a thought on what can be done for some game issue, person B replys with another thought on the same issue, and then in comes person C with an "oh quit your QQ'ing" post. Stop being person C and try posting an idea that will contribute to solving whatever the topic issue is.

I'm sure this post will draw quite a few flames. All I'm trying to do here is to get this community back to intelligent discussion between each other. We need to start respecting each other as people and players again. A little smacktalk in game on yell chat is fine, and we've all done it, but learn to keep it minimal and let your guns in the game do the talking for you. Out of game, act like an adult and show some respect towards fellow players. Over the past few days in game I've noticed that alot of smacktalk is coming from some of the faction hoppers/non-fleeted faction members. I don't know about some of you other players but, all that smacktalk can make your respective faction look bad in a new players eyes. Less smacktalk and more pew pew. If you are going to reply to my post please make it intelligent, seriously!!!

Perhaps a lot of the flames have to do with the fact that when suggestions are made to balance the game, it is almost always a negative suggestion towards a faction (we know which faction is being targetted these days).

By negative, I mean requesting to nerf that faction, or a feature of that faction. I notice that when this happens, fleeted and unfleeted players of that faction WILL react negatively. It's human nature.

But when you make positive suggestions (ie requesting a buff for your own faction, or a feature of it), there is noticeably less hostility involved.

Scroll back and see the pattern.

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-07 10:17   
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 10:14, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

..............................................................................!

It's human nature.

..0.o..

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-07 16:15   
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 10:17, A.I. Virus wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-07 10:14, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

..............................................................................!

It's human nature.

..0.o..

Human nature is correct.

Email Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.016986 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR