No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » WH creations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author WH creations
Tenebrean
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-14 12:23   
Namor no offence but you make as much sense as a rooster barking >.>

WH's are objects visually see able and usable by everyone , i don't see how you could think something as that. It takes the thrill and strategy of a WH away.
Besides my QQing there at his idea this is absolutley an unnecesary topic. WH's are fine as long as they don't bug >.<

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-14 12:59   
funnily enough he posted this right after i followed his hive through a WH with my line station and killed him.

but anyways

wormholes are wormholes. it doesnt matter how you make it, its a wormhole. that is, its a hole, in space, that objects can pass through. there is no way in any kind of theory to make the wormhole discriminate about whats going through, and the WH is not a faction limited technology: all 3 factions have them. even if they didnt, itd still be a wormhole and anyone could use it.

if you made WHs faction only, and limited to 1 faction, theyd be ridiculously OP.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-14 13:05   
I guess I'll try my hand at clearing what seems to be a misunderstanding since this thread is at the top anyway..
Wormholes are the result of each faction's technology. Here's an analogy: say we're two warring, separated countries. I want to get to you, so I spend an enormous amount of resources and research to build a massive tunnel. The tunnel opens up in your territory, and my forces go through it. However, they all die. Wouldn't you be free to use that tunnel to enter my territory? Or would you stop yourself, thinking, "Wow, I couldn't possibly make a tunnel that big, so there's no way I can use it."

Regardless of whether or not I used a giant drill, mini-nuclear explosions, or hundreds of laborers with shovels to make that tunnel, a tunnel is a tunnel. Understanding the technology behind its creation isn't required in order to use it.
Wormholes, for all gameplay purposes, are tunnels in space. I guess we're working off the idea that all of the factions know the concept of a 'wormhole,' just like our two countries know what a tunnel through the ground is, which shouldn't be too far fetched since these factions are starfaring.

TLDR; I don't like this idea either...

Email Light-of-Aurora
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-14 17:43   
Quote:

On 2010-08-14 13:05, Light-of-Aurora wrote:
I guess I'll try my hand at clearing what seems to be a misunderstanding since this thread is at the top anyway..
Wormholes are the result of each faction's technology. Here's an analogy: say we're two warring, separated countries. I want to get to you, so I spend an enormous amount of resources and research to build a massive tunnel. The tunnel opens up in your territory, and my forces go through it. However, they all die. Wouldn't you be free to use that tunnel to enter my territory? Or would you stop yourself, thinking, "Wow, I couldn't possibly make a tunnel that big, so there's no way I can use it."

Regardless of whether or not I used a giant drill, mini-nuclear explosions, or hundreds of laborers with shovels to make that tunnel, a tunnel is a tunnel. Understanding the technology behind its creation isn't required in order to use it.
Wormholes, for all gameplay purposes, are tunnels in space. I guess we're working off the idea that all of the factions know the concept of a 'wormhole,' just like our two countries know what a tunnel through the ground is, which shouldn't be too far fetched since these factions are starfaring.

TLDR; I don't like this idea either...

well put LOA..... well put....

and this is just another post trying to ruin the current dynamics of the game when will people ever learn???

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-15 00:10   
Ok prove how only one faction can use a Wormhole, Tell me how a WH device works and what keeps someone else from using a WH you create. Once you can tell me those things people may listen...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-15 01:25   
Quote:

On 2010-08-14 12:59, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
funnily enough he posted this right after i followed his hive through a WH with my line station and killed him.

but anyways

wormholes are wormholes. it doesnt matter how you make it, its a wormhole. that is, its a hole, in space, that objects can pass through. there is no way in any kind of theory to make the wormhole discriminate about whats going through, and the WH is not a faction limited technology: all 3 factions have them. even if they didnt, itd still be a wormhole and anyone could use it.

if you made WHs faction only, and limited to 1 faction, theyd be ridiculously OP.

He's upset cos you managed to followed him as he tried to escape and killed him. Much like the Kluth dread that ambushed you after you escaped and killed your damaged dread.

It's an emotional thang... so bear with him ok?
You've been there. I'm sure you can understand his grief.

Just ribbin' you.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-15 01:34 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-15 12:10   
if he WHd to a 5 planet cluster i wouldve died =P

also a protip: dont set your WH to within sight of the person youre trying to escape

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-08-15 14:01   
If anything make it so only the faction that creates the wormhole will be able to see it on map unless the WH was made or is in sensor range of other factions, also make it so that if it was created and went to deep space other factions could only see the entrance (witch was in range of sensors) but not ware it comes out.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-15 14:07   
WHs need to be more accurate, not just usable by the creator's faction. I don't mean pinpoint accuracy, but accurate enough that if you WH to a friendly planet to escape you should emerge reasonably close to that planet, not 2k or more away.

How many people ever see stations opening WHs for their fleets to engage the enemy? How many would do it if they were more accurate?

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-15 18:31   
ok now i could be wrong about this but lets say hyperthetically that all factions over time found out to artficaly create a worm hole now if im correct a worm hole drive is VERY VERY big and only certian ships can use them but ALL stations can due to their size.
Gates now i could be wrong but the only natural worm holes are the gates u see connecting systems to systems.
now artifical worm hole are made by ripping a hole thru space to a different place in space and then that worm hole if found by other people could use that worm hole to travel to the other end of that worm hole now normally you could get confused so in laymans terms think of a worm hole just like a rainbow.

now i am very sorry but how IN SAMS DAISY CHAINS would you fix a worm hole drive on a SCOUT them drives are huge and take a huge amount of power more than what a puny scout can generate also to fit a wh drive on to one u would need it to be sticking out of it like a muscle cars supercharger and then u would only have about 3 weapons if that.

to create a wh you dont need tec u need shed loads of energy just to rip the hole for travel and then it only stays open for a short time.
thank you for your time reading this please correct me if i am wrong as i aint no genius

SaturnShadow

Katejina
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-15 18:44   
Quote:

On 2010-08-15 18:31, SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness) wrote:
ok now i could be wrong about this but lets say hyperthetically that all factions over time found out to artficaly create a worm hole now if im correct a worm hole drive is VERY VERY big and only certian ships can use them but ALL stations can due to their size.
Gates now i could be wrong but the only natural worm holes are the gates u see connecting systems to systems.
now artifical worm hole are made by ripping a hole thru space to a different place in space and then that worm hole if found by other people could use that worm hole to travel to the other end of that worm hole now normally you could get confused so in laymans terms think of a worm hole just like a rainbow.

now i am very sorry but how IN SAMS DAISY CHAINS would you fix a worm hole drive on a SCOUT them drives are huge and take a huge amount of power more than what a puny scout can generate also to fit a wh drive on to one u would need it to be sticking out of it like a muscle cars supercharger and then u would only have about 3 weapons if that.

to create a wh you dont need tec u need shed loads of energy just to rip the hole for travel and then it only stays open for a short time.
thank you for your time reading this please correct me if i am wrong as i aint no genius

SaturnShadow

Your pretty off their try re-reading everything more carefully

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015770 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR