No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Blockade on planet should deactivate the depot's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author Blockade on planet should deactivate the depot's
Spacie
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-08-17 14:14   
I have a crazy idea for you dont attack ships at a depot planet, but if you do chase someone to a depot planet and dont get a kill dont complain. Yes ppl do die a depot planets all the time. i do like the idea of shared repairs but that would make planet hugging easier.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 14:28   
Spacie your sig makes me very sad

Even if shared repairs made planet hugging easier, paired with my idea of halving repair rate when under attack more than cancels it out. Outside of combat though, you don't have to wait for one ship to be fully repaired before yours is if there's enough depots. I see it as a 100% benefit to the game.

Scythe, some of us don't think that that stategy should be possible, like me, and I've used that depot planet strategy plenty of times. It really feels more like exploiting an unintended feature of the game than a true strategy. It also feels like it throws any sense of reality right out the window when you can be under attack and repair faster than they can deal damage.

Supply drones should not be magical healing-over-time spells channeled by the group's priest, even though that's how they've always been.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 15:26   
Why not make depots use resources?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 16:06   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 15:26, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
Why not make depots use resources?

if that were to happen res for ships would become more skarse

Email *FTL*Soulless
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2010-08-17 16:57   
I think this is a bad ideal... depots have no relationship with blockades from a fictional standpoint either.

In fact.. probably the only thing blockades should affect is trade of resources from a logical position.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
ForsakenCookie
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-18 00:14   
What about the reduced affect of drones on ships in combat?

Email ForsakenCookie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-18 00:57   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 10:16, Sopwith Camel wrote:
I think it's important to remember that the dev team are working on a brand new planetary system that would radically change the way interactions with planets work. Until that is released, I doubt there would be any big changes to the way planets work currently.

I can't agree more.

I would wait and see.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-08-18 02:34   
well,to be blunt,a depot is listed as a DEFENSE base.with that in mind, repairing a ship that is in orbit during a combat situation,IS IMO,defending said planet.In no other way do depots contribute to the "Defense" of a planet.no pd,no torps,no cannons,no core weps.It just fixies ships in orbit,which do the actual Defending of said planet.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 12:08   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 02:34, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
well,to be blunt,a depot is listed as a DEFENSE base.with that in mind, repairing a ship that is in orbit during a combat situation,IS IMO,defending said planet.In no other way do depots contribute to the "Defense" of a planet.no pd,no torps,no cannons,no core weps.It just fixies ships in orbit,which do the actual Defending of said planet.

They've been mislabled as DEFENSE bases from the beginning. They do nothing to defend a planet.

Depots are UTILITY buildings like starports or shipyards that provide a useful service.

A planet with 17 listed defense bases that are actually Depots is a completely defenseless planet, but unlike other defense bases like sensor bases it's useful to have lots of them on certain planets.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 12:26   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 16:57, Faustus wrote:
I think this is a bad ideal... depots have no relationship with blockades from a fictional standpoint either.

In fact.. probably the only thing blockades should affect is trade of resources from a logical position.

-F

from a logical standpoint (not for a MMOG):
a planet under blockade cant launch anything to space, because everything trying will be shoot down while still in the atmosphere (thats why a single ship shouldnt blockade a planet)
reason is: while the objects are still on the planet, they have to use their engine-power overcome the planets gravity-field, reducing their ability to dodge anything

this would include those repair-drones

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-08-18 12:28 ]

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 12:57   
wow, just wow

nerf kluth nerf icc nerf ugto hell lets all just fly around paper airplanes and fire rubber bands at echother. will you quit crying then ? this is not world of warcraft or startreck online , this is darkspace, one of the only game that need skill, skill you can use at anylevel to gain the upper hand if you cant deal with the things that have been in the game well there is always eve online i guess.

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 13:38   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 12:57, Thor's hammer wrote:
wow, just wow

nerf kluth nerf icc nerf ugto hell lets all just fly around paper airplanes and fire rubber bands at echother. will you quit crying then ? this is not world of warcraft or startreck online , this is darkspace, one of the only game that need skill, skill you can use at anylevel to gain the upper hand if you cant deal with the things that have been in the game well there is always eve online i guess.

hear hear

I don't know what the hell is up with people and wanting to LIMIT this game and make it SLOW. More depots and faster depots would be better as people would get back to battle quickly

All the attempts lately to make the game slower, those people need to be taken out back and beaten.

WHY DO YOU ALL WANT TO NERF THE GAME???????

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 14:20   
Im pretty sure a blockade prevents any trade/going in or out of a harbor
-A blockade is an effort to cut off food, supplies, war material or communications from a particular area by force, either in part or totally
- the blockading power seeking to cut off all maritime transport from and to the blockaded country
i dont think it says the said harbor/city is stopped from repairing ships in said harbor
in fact it shouldnt really affect the launch of ships, but for gameplay it does
also ships in the blockaded harbor could still fire upon the blockaders, in darkspace we can't

You would have to actually be on the edge of the atmospher to shoot down launching ships and even then the atmosphere could burn up your projectile before it reaches the target

Aeraesoria
Admiral
Synchronicity

Posted: 2010-08-20 04:12   
One... word can describe this... NO. Also the guy above me has a point

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-20 07:35   
Not going to happen.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.021664 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR