Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Blockade on planet should deactivate the depot's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Blockade on planet should deactivate the depot's
ForsakenCookie
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 01:17   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 00:57, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
okay so a planet is blockaded by 3 dreadnaughts
any ship trying to launch/dock will be shot down
apparently the dreadnaughts can kill every single tiny repair drone about 1/3rd the size of a fighter, which are only seen at close range and their unique green trails put in for the sake of gameplay so you know who is getting repaired
make sense?

MrSparkle, and N'kra The Wolf have the right idea. Reducing the repair amount of everything when in combat is a much better idea then the blockaded stops depots from functioning idea. Like MrSparkle said, with all the shots hitting a ship surely some shots would destroy some of the drones.

Email ForsakenCookie
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:10   
It was never intended to have invincible ships orbiting a depot planet. If you can make a ship invincible around a planet it kinda makes them the defensive faction dont it. No wonder icc dont have identity atm becuse seriously ugto can out defend icc. I like the idea of depots not working at all in a blockade. If you wanna repair yourself in battle then use your supply ships or sup plats. . Even if we got on all the icc and kluth i still dont think we could crack the regen rate of 1 station sitting at a depot planet. So how exactly is that even. The idea ugto poses on it being a defensive tactic. Its actually the absence of any true defensive tactics. If ugto attacked a kluth planet i would go get a ganglia thats pretty effective defensivly v a ugto attack. However a ugto just has to move closer to the depots. Its not a tactic just lazyness

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:22   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 00:56, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
suggestion in line with sparkle:

if you take fire, ANY device repairing you loses 50% effectiveness. this includes depots, orbiting planet, AHR, anything, for a period of 60 seconds.

AHR is organic regeneration not external drones, that's why I left it out. All other forms of repair should have temorary reduced effectiveness.

AHR should also not be moddable, just like cloak. 1 per ship and that's it. It's a Kluth ship's ability to heal itself represented in device form, but shouldn't be thought of as an actual device.

I was also thinking more like 20-30 seconds of reduced effectiveness which is plenty of time. Maybe even less than that is best. I envision a system where a ship needs to be under continuous attack for repair to have continuous reduced effectiveness, not just hit every once in a while just to to screw up it's repair rate.

Quote:

On 2010-08-17 00:21, Katejina wrote:
This would give kluth a huge advantage because if they were smart they get 1 player in a scout around the planet and just have a dread or 2 cloak and keep ripping apart any in need of repair ships.

They can do that now. They do do that now, just without using scouts. That won't change. Changing depots and repair rates won't be some Kluth buff, it will in fact help everyone (well not the people who like to abuse high repair rates).
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-08-17 02:27 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:23   
if the depots will stop function when the planet is under blockade the kluth will have the supreme powere so NO

Email *Flash*
ForsakenCookie
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:27   
I don't understand how everything always goes back to luth having supreme power if depot's were changed.

Email ForsakenCookie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:29   
Just give ICC the same amount of armor that UGTO has under their shields and both factions should be even.

As for Kluth, simply.... Well... All I ask
is that the Kluth be left as they are. We certainly don't need buffing or adjustments. Nor nerfing under the guise of 'balance'.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-17 03:11 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:29   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:27, ForsakenCookie wrote:
I don't understand how everything always goes back to luth having supreme power if depot's were changed.

I do, it's just misunderstanding.

This is all coming from someone who has used and still occasionally uses depot planets and their abusively high repair rates. I know how powerful and useful it can be, and I also know it makes no sense for it to be that way.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:33   
yeah...so depos are better defense than those hail of missles

nec you say icc has identity crisis?
i hate resorting to say this but:
ugto is considered an all around faction, according to the devs we should be close range sluggers
also, our 2 faction features, system damage and fighters, are broken atm
ICC:
Missles-check
Shields-check
Long Range-check
Luth:
Cloak-check
Close Rangeness-check
Damage-check
Self Repair-check
UGTO:
Armor-check (comes with depo superiority at the cost of mass)
Systems Damage-nope
Fighter Superiority-nope
Generic-check
to me it sounds like a few luth just got hit by a few depo assisted ships,
i have been holding any impulse to post for a long time, but this just broke my patience

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:35   
Since this seems like the current designated Random Opinion Thread, I'll just go ahead and add mine.

I hate platforms. Set limit to one (or better, zero) buildable by each player.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:57   
Quote:

On 2010-08-16 23:07, MrSparkle wrote:
Why would it give Kluth a huge advantage? They can cloak and repair without worrying about being attacked? I don't see how this benefits any one faction, but I do see how it can benefit the game.

The problem is not the overall speed of repairs, it's the speed of repairs while under attack.

EDIT:
Quote:

On 2010-08-16 23:00, Katejina wrote:

Also when people are at depot planets to repair it only goes 1 person's ship at a time so the only way anyone will be invunerable is when there is only one person at the planet which versus a fleet makes it more fair in my opinion.

Fairness has nothing to do with it. There should be no game mechanic that helps 1 ship even the odds against many ships.

I've also always wanted a "smart" depot system that automatically splits repairing among all ships in orbit according to how many ships need repair and how many depots are available, constantly.

If there's just 1 ship and 10 depots, all 10 repair it.

If a 2nd ship in need of repairs orbits, 5 depots stop repairing 1st and start repairing 2nd, so they're split evenly.

If a 3rd appears, three ships get 3 depots, one gets 4. Again, split evenly as much as possible. If the 3rd only needed minor repairs and leaves, it goes back to 5 and 5.

Etc. etc. You get the idea.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2010-08-16 23:17 ]

currently depots target the first ship in range (250gu i think) and repair it till its at 100%
any additional ship wont gain any repairs/ammo till the first is finished

why not a healing-field around every planet
he field heal some amount (eg. 10HP/s) divided by every (friendly) ship in close range
the field have a minimum heal (eg. 1HP/s)
depot-structures just add a flat value to the field (eg. 5HP/s)

this way every ship have a minimum reg (eg. missle-ships wont run out of missles) but the more ships defend a planet, the less healing will be recieved by every single one

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 03:44   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:33, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
yeah...so depos are better defense than those hail of missles

nec you say icc has identity crisis?
i hate resorting to say this but:
ugto is considered an all around faction, according to the devs we should be close range sluggers
also, our 2 faction features, system damage and fighters, are broken atm
ICC:
Missles-check
Shields-check
Long Range-check
Luth:
Cloak-check
Close Rangeness-check
Damage-check
Self Repair-check
UGTO:
Armor-check (comes with depo superiority at the cost of mass)
Systems Damage-nope
Fighter Superiority-nope
Generic-check
to me it sounds like a few luth just got hit by a few depo assisted ships,
i have been holding any impulse to post for a long time, but this just broke my patience

Ugto have beenable to successfuly defend planets before with out needing a depot planet. The problem is no one ship on any faction should in anyway have a ship thats invincible. The idea that ugto needs a depot panet to defend is a misconception. Ugto can defend a planet just fine regardless of depots being there. Do not make this into a kluth is op or my faction doesnt have this or that. People making these posts arent being unreasonable. if i attack your station at a depot planet with 4 siphons you should die. The idea that you shoul dhave a regen rate that is greater then the combines firepower of 4 siphons is absurd. I also am not talking to benefit the kluth if u reversed it and you have a hive sitting at a depot planet and you attack it with 4 eads. There shoudnt be any doubt whether or not the eads should kill it. The depots are infact a exploit regardless of what any ugto says. It is not intended for any ship to be invincible under any conditions. This using the game in a way that is not intended there for its a exploit. I also stand by my statement defending a planet through depots is just the lack of true defensive tactics.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 04:09   
Quote:

On 2010-08-16 20:51, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
for one thing one player could disrupt the whole repairing process and then tag out with another player to keep blockading

Quote:

On 2010-08-16 21:06, BackAlley wrote:
No
1 scout AI and the depots stop a whole fleet from repairing.....not a good idea.....Whats next,Jump disrupters on every ship?
[ This Message was edited by: BackAlley on 2010-08-16 21:12 ]

When the last time you guys played this game?

1 scout can blockade the sy, why not depots?

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 04:11   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:23, *Flash* wrote:
if the depots will stop function when the planet is under blockade the kluth will have the supreme powere so NO

Kluth CAN NOT BLOCKADE,good morning!

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-08-17 04:25   
I think Maxs' definitely started down the right path, just outright ceasing of repairs from a blockade is too extreme IMO.

I like the blend of Sparks' and N'karas' ideas. Though the interrupt to 50%% repair rate from recieving damage would barely have to be 5 seconds before full repair re engages.

I don't see why this could not affect AHR also, it is meant to be biological - we don't start healing as we are being injured but very shortly after injury the process starts.

This would also extend to supp ships in combat to?

Kaoschan
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-17 04:50   
IF a planet gets blockaded, reduce the depot rate by 25-50% to simulate the "hard conditions" of a blockade.

K'luth Hunter - Recon ~Ping~ Scout - ECCM for the Team, to beat the K'luth!

Goto the website of Kaoschan
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019511 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR