No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Blockade on planet should deactivate the depot's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Blockade on planet should deactivate the depot's
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 05:34   
but what about those crappy scout blockades why should one tiny iddy biddy little ship stop depots like what you're asking for???

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 07:01   
If im in a middle of a fight and i get hull damaged and jump to a depot planet i hope ill get resup but if a luth fallow me and the depots not working im dead....But how about when a luth e jump from a fight they should not be able to cloack for about 10 secs?

Email *Flash*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 07:05   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 04:11, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:23, *Flash* wrote:
if the depots will stop function when the planet is under blockade the kluth will have the supreme powere so NO

Kluth CAN NOT BLOCKADE,good morning!

Yeah. I noticed. I decloak around a planet to take shots at the surrounding plats or ships. In response, everybody including the planet's defs open on me..... I take fire and have to cloak again, or get my ass handed to me in pieces.

And the planet remains unblockaded.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-17 07:05 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 07:43   
And how about if theres an Ai ship way before i jump?

Email *Flash*
Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:10   
no idea what you all are talking about, even when im alone with like 10 depots on me in my hive or my AD when kluth or ugto come just 2 or 3 ships for example the depots cannot keep up with the damage even with my self drones on, how do you all become invincible like whats been mentioned in the previous posts? : /

Email Icarus II
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:27   
I think it would be easier just to limit the amount of depots that can be placed on a planet, 3-4 wouldn't be too bad...
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:32   
I would only agree with this if blockade was fixed...
Because right now one random scout can come over and screw it up.
its annyoing as hell. specially in scen where Fang scouts appear every 6 seconds.

but yes, it would make the game more intresting.

We are the Falix Brothers...

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:37   
Just me or this topic is all about "UGTO so OP"?

I notice that UGTO armor has taken longer time to repair than it used to be when I was new. Don't remember what batch but it was written so. Since armor isn't stronger, then I guess supply drone has been less efficient than it was.

It's very easy to check out why a hive orbit a depot planet but still get to hull if we have the information of damage cause by weapons and damage heal by supply drone. Unfortunately, those are being kept secret as "TBA".

Allow me to repeat myself, depot = def. There is no reason for it to stop working during blockade. If depot is stopped by random ship, other def strucs like antibomb, antiship, hydrid def base shall stop functioning as well, logically. Hence it definitely not happens.

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:49   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 08:37, chlorophyll wrote:
Just me or this topic is all about "UGTO so OP"?

I notice that UGTO armor has taken longer time to repair than it used to be when I was new. Don't remember what batch but it was written so. Since armor isn't stronger, then I guess supply drone has been less efficient than it was.

It's very easy to check out why a hive orbit a depot planet but still get to hull if we have the information of damage cause by weapons and damage heal by supply drone. Unfortunately, those are being kept secret as "TBA".

Allow me to repeat myself, depot = def. There is no reason for it to stop working during blockade. If depot is stopped by random ship, other def strucs like antibomb, antiship, hydrid def base shall stop functioning as well, logically. Hence it definitely not happens.

finally some sense over here

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:50   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 07:01, *Flash* wrote:
If im in a middle of a fight and i get hull damaged and jump to a depot planet i hope ill get resup but if a luth fallow me and the depots not working im dead....But how about when a luth e jump from a fight they should not be able to cloack for about 10 secs?

um usually luth-dreads / stations cant cloak for >10sec if they e-jump

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-17 10:16   
I think it's important to remember that the dev team are working on a brand new planetary system that would radically change the way interactions with planets work. Until that is released, I doubt there would be any big changes to the way planets work currently.

The key to taking out planet huggers is to knock out the depot planet by bombing/infantry razing.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 12:13   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 04:25, Sauur wrote:
I think Maxs' definitely started down the right path, just outright ceasing of repairs from a blockade is too extreme IMO.

I like the blend of Sparks' and N'karas' ideas. Though the interrupt to 50%% repair rate from recieving damage would barely have to be 5 seconds before full repair re engages.

I don't see why this could not affect AHR also, it is meant to be biological - we don't start healing as we are being injured but very shortly after injury the process starts.

This would also extend to supp ships in combat to?

It's regeneration though not normal healing, and it's only a limited amount (Kluth routinely run out of it if they don't jump to supply plats or a planet).

It also has to be limited to 1 per ship like I said. 2 AHR on a ship is a lot more useful than 1, and I know a lot of people do that instead of 1 AHR 1 chit.

As for time after damage, 5 seconds might be too short for the server to handle effectively? I think anywhere from 5-10 seconds is ideal.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 12:26   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 07:01, *Flash* wrote:

sounds like a good trade to me.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

BackAlley
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-17 13:17   
Planet damage to attacking ships is a joke in this version...If an increase in planet damage to attacking ships was implemented, then the cut back on the repair rate of depots during a blockade would be acceptable.

Email BackAlley   Goto the website of BackAlley
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-08-17 13:38   
Quote:

On 2010-08-16 20:52, Sopwith Camel wrote:
Building depots to reload ships continually during an attack is a strategy, not an exploit. Each depot built reduces the number of defense bases/sensor bases/barracks that can be built, so it makes a planet weaker that way.

You Kluth can capture ships and planets by riding your cloaked ships right up to it, quickly cloaking, clicking "U", cloak, and flying away. Don't complain about people who feel like "planet camping" is their only way of defense.

Not really sure why the thread continued past this post.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020628 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR