No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Recommendation for Stations and Luth
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Recommendation for Stations and Luth
Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-17 02:57   
I just wanted to make a Suggestion for Stations.

It seems that every now and then, people love to Spam an area with Stations. One example would be today with 3 K'luth Stations running around Tau Ceti, dont mis-understand what im saying.

Its easy to take out a Station with help, but you cant take down 3 Stations, 2 Dreads, and 2 Cruisers with just one SS, a AD, and a HC.

Even ones who Cloak when they get hit and run only to uncloak and come back.

My suggestion for Stations is a Limit on the Amount at one time in areas, so that people cannot get a team full of Stations. this isnt the first time this has happened

my Suggestions for the Luth, maybe re-tool them to actually rely on what they we originally meant to do, with hit-and-run tactics and Raids.

Im seeing Luth group together Dreads with nothing but Beams, and uncloaking right next to a group of targets to spam with Beams.
that is the Advantage to being Luth, but its abused way to much.

Maybe rethink their Armor and Hull, so they have to actually work for it. they can stand toe-to-toe with most ships which is good, but that only adds to the High-powered Beams, Cloak, and Repairing Advantages

Im only saying this, because i want to help make sure this game becomes Fair and Even. if the Game expands and maintains a fair sense of gameplay, then it will last alot longer

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 03:12   
let me guess ? got killed by a luth station ?

a single luth-station dont stand a chance agains a single (same rank) icc / ugto station
cloaked as station is pretty useless once you got spottet, because stations crawl at 6gu (without enhancements) and its nearly impossible to dodge anything (cloaked or not)

a siphon going 1 on 1 with a icc dread (eg CombatDread) is balaced to the fact, that it can burn the hull to ~50% in the same time as the ICC-dread to the siphon
but it dont have the chance to rotate shields to cover the hole in the armor, nor the fire-arcs the ICC-dread have
and the siphon is out of energy after that

make luth ships hit'n run ? why not cut their armor by 50%
but buff their JD by 100% and increase ship-speed by one level ( stations as fast as icc/ugto-dreads // dreads as fast as cruiser and so on)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 03:17   
I already suggested capping the number of stations within a given star cluster or server, and to a lesser extent for dreads.

The reply was "I worked hard to rank up so I can fly stations, so I want to fly stations or I'll leave the game"

Sorry pal. If you only have 2 cruisers on at the moment and the enemy had 3 stations and a few dreads, I recommend that you either go build elsewhere, farm
AI, or log and come back later. Numbers will always win, that's the way it is.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 03:47   
this post is just anouther omg station spam qq post. If we havnt already discussed this issue on many many threads through the years. It might as well be a kluth is op post in its originality.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 04:07   
I SPAM BEAMS!

Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-17 05:00   
funny how all the replies are from K'luth Players and K'luth Fleets......

Hmm, they really dont want anything changed

Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-17 05:09   
so what your saying is you want to take on 3 stations 2 dreads and 2 cruisers with a SS and 1 AD and win? ....rely?

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 05:20   
actually.... i play as all 3 factions so i know the pro's and cons of faction ships, stations, blahdy blahdy blah and k'luth stations are inanely weak compared to the ICC and UGTO stations up to a point they are just not worth having to an extent but their real usefulness comes out in a group not solo if a k'luth station goes solo that's it 30 seconds and BOOM no more space lobster.

the k'luth dreads beam spamming is their only real chance to kill a dread... let's see the mandible has lot's of beams but it only has 2 stellar incinerators 4(i think) torpedo launchers and two cannons... now take away the beams and stick that up against a BD and see who wins shall we?? i think the result is obvious

Nuds
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 06:28   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:57, Wolfex wrote:
It seems that every now and then, people love to Spam an area with Stations. One example would be today with 3 K'luth Stations running around Tau Ceti, dont mis-understand what im saying.

3 stations is hardly spamming. Clearly you haven't seen the station wars in action.

Quote:

Its easy to take out a Station with help, but you cant take down 3 Stations, 2 Dreads, and 2 Cruisers with just one SS, a AD, and a HC.

Yes, you can't

Quote:

My suggestion for Stations is a Limit on the Amount at one time in areas, so that people cannot get a team full of Stations. this isnt the first time this has happened

Has been suggested before, was shot down and burned.

Quote:

my Suggestions for the Luth, maybe re-tool them to actually rely on what they we originally meant to do, with hit-and-run tactics and Raids.

They are.

Quote:

Im seeing Luth group together Dreads with nothing but Beams, and uncloaking right next to a group of targets to spam with Beams.
that is the Advantage to being Luth, but its abused way to much.

So by doing what they are meant to do, grouping and focus firing, they are abusing??

Quote:

Maybe rethink their Armor and Hull, so they have to actually work for it. they can stand toe-to-toe with most ships which is good, but that only adds to the High-powered Beams, Cloak, and Repairing Advantages

Buffing luth armor goes directly against what you suggest the luth should be, the hit and run faction. Nerfing the armor will be silly because it's already paper thin.

Quote:

Im only saying this, because i want to help make sure this game becomes Fair and Even. if the Game expands and maintains a fair sense of gameplay, then it will last alot longer

TLDR:

NERF LUTH!!!11!

Email Nuds   Goto the website of Nuds
-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2010-08-17 06:41   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 03:17, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
I already suggested capping the number of stations within a given star cluster or server, and to a lesser extent for dreads.

The reply was "I worked hard to rank up so I can fly stations, so I want to fly stations or I'll leave the game"

Sorry pal. If you only have 2 cruisers on at the moment and the enemy had 3 stations and a few dreads, I recommend that you either go build elsewhere, farm
AI, or log and come back later. Numbers will always win, that's the way it is.

Agreed.

[ This Message was edited by: Klorel (Arcus Prime) on 2010-08-17 06:43 ]

Email -=LoKi=-
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:02   
kluth: give us better dessies so we can be hit and run

ICC player: kinda ridiculous to see kluth with 3 stations? retool faction to be hit and run?

kluth: OMG DONT NERF OUR STATIONZ

but yeah asking to be able to beat 3 stations and support with half as many ships = a bit silly =P the real issue here is that planets are craptacular, especially against kluth, and didnt even out the fight.
[ This Message was edited by: N'kra The Wolf on 2010-08-17 08:04 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-17 11:40   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 06:28, Nuds wrote:
Nerfing the armor will be silly because it's already paper thin.

LOL.

GalaxyFalinzin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 12:03   
Theres a solution to this - Rank up, fly stations yourself.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-08-17 16:58   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:57, Wolfex wrote:
but you cant take down 3 Stations, 2 Dreads, and 2 Cruisers with just one SS, a AD, and a HC.

So 7 K'Luth versus 3 ICC

Yeah, no idea why you were having a problem.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-17 17:39   
to clarify:

i believe it was 2 stations not 3, so 6 luth

i also believe he was defending a 3-planet cluster.

it is rather disappointing that the missile frigates on UGTO and ICC got hit with the nerf bat. it would be nice if there were a more straightforward counter system in the game other than "have more ships than the other guy." basically whoever shows up with the most stations has the best chances of winning and its sort of silly.

while DS has a lot of aspects of games like planetside or battlefield, it also leans towards games like tribes and other FPS', or games like C&C 4. you *can* bring out a bunch of stations, but it doesnt seem fair to demand that the opposing fleet thus have to field twice as many dreads to win.

either planets should be able to even out a firefight, or ship-to-ship balance should take a que from the MF: make it possible for fleet to counter station spam using frigates and a set of tactics stations are not naturally disposed towards stopping. then the station pilots will choose a different set of ships and a different set of tactics to respond, and the game becomes more dynamic.
[ This Message was edited by: N'kra The Wolf on 2010-08-17 17:43 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025996 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR