- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Recommendation for Stations and Luth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Recommendation for Stations and Luth
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 17:45   
Cba. removed...
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-08-17 18:46 ]

We are the Falix Brothers...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 17:46   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 06:28, Nuds wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:57, Wolfex wrote:

Im seeing Luth group together Dreads with nothing but Beams, and uncloaking right next to a group of targets to spam with Beams.
that is the Advantage to being Luth, but its abused way to much.

So by doing what they are meant to do, grouping and focus firing, they are abusing??

This. It makes me laugh. And I'd laugh if I was K'Luth or if I weren't.

As far as stations, I've been a long advocate of scrapping them all together for 'Luth. Not a hit and run ship.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-17 18:28   
I think Kluth stations fit in more with what they should be: support for larger fleets. They serve as a mobile siege and repair platform. Their relative lack of armor compared to a UGTO station (Despite the higher repair rate) makes them far less useful without combat support.

Uggies spam stations far better, luth stations are no concern.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

DufasRufas
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-17 18:38   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 08:02, N'kra The Wolf wrote:

the real issue here is that planets are craptacular, especially against kluth, and didnt even out the fight.
[ This Message was edited by: N'kra The Wolf on 2010-08-17 08:04 ]

Planet defenses are "craptacular" against any of the factions that tranny rush. True, it's a bit easier for kluth, but any planet needs actual PLAYERS to defend against a tranny rush.

I believe that I was one of the stations being complained about here. I know for a fact one of the other stations and myself were equipped with fighter bombers, because I refuse to tranny rush. Currently, the only truly effective way to bomb a planets infrastructure is with fighters.

Rest assured, if you ever see me in a station it is because 95% of the time I am getting ready to bomb a planet and attempt a takeover without using tranny rushing.

Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-18 00:06   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 05:09, Siginau wrote:
so what your saying is you want to take on 3 stations 2 dreads and 2 cruisers with a SS and 1 AD and win? ....rely?

No thats not what im saying, obviously 1 Cruiser, 1 AD, and one SS would need luck and skill to take them down.....

What im saying is that there should be something to even it out, our Planets should be useful when defending a cluster..... not just sitting there waiting to be attacked

and Dufasrufas, you were not involved. and the way you describe your tactics, your not part of the issue

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 00:07   
The only way to fix station spam without nerfing them to being giant pieces of fail is to put a cap of some sort, either hard or soft. Any number of ways to do it tbh but without a proper counter it really is just who has either the most or the highest ranked people online...

It doesn't help that you're outnumbered over 2:1 though...

We've had all sorts of suggestions from destroyers with a giant gun on it, to kamikaze scouts/frigates with shaped charges...

...to hard limiting the area you can have stations in or having each station do a AOE faction debuff if you go over a certain number as a softcap.

I've always viewed the issue myself as such: When you have equal numbers, it shouldn't be who has the biggest ships of their faction, but the best ships for the situation and unfortunately this screws the lower players as right now bigger = better I guess. The only counter to station/dread spam is more station/dread spam. Cruisers if the pilots are good there's more than a few. I fly these on principle :P

As a side note, I always hoped ranks would just give you a wider choice of options instead of a simple title making some people 'better' regardless of their tactical judgement or flying skill. This isn't planetside or starcraft though, not even close. To be fair, I enjoy the game for what it is.

[ This Message was edited by: Anathemia on 2010-08-18 00:10 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-18 01:03   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 00:06, Wolfex wrote:

No thats not what im saying, obviously 1 Cruiser, 1 AD, and one SS would need luck and skill to take them down.....

What im saying is that there should be something to even it out, our Planets should be useful when defending a cluster..... not just sitting there waiting to be attacked

If the situation were reversed, you'd probably be smiling and telling your opponents "Numbers always win" as you ran right over them. And that would be true. 3 vs 1.... I don't see it any other way.

Please.... get over it.

Unless they put a cap on the number of stations or dreads deployed (which, going by sentiments, they never will), you will see this problem persist. It's a numbers game.... period.

What kind of balancing mechanism do you want? An uber complex weapons or defence modifier that adjusts the ships' stats according to population? So if I roll 10 station against your 1 scout, your scout would suddenly receive a massive boost that it would make it rival a dread on a normal day?

A station is a station. If there were 3 of them pitted against your single station, face it... you're going down either way.

Oh wait... you do have a choice.

You can actually run away screaming... or you can face them off and fight them to the death, or you can go out in a blaze of glory. But pls.... don't QQ or ask for complex modifications to the code which will take 2 weeks (tm) to implement.

You ask for fairness? I tell you now. What you faced WAS FAIR. If your numerically inferior force was able to overcome a superior force head on.... then something is very very wrong indeed.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-18 01:44 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-18 01:08   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 00:07, Anathemia wrote:

I've always viewed the issue myself as such: When you have equal numbers, it shouldn't be who has the biggest ships of their faction, but the best ships for the situation and unfortunately this screws the lower players as right now bigger = better I guess. The only counter to station/dread spam is more station/dread spam. Cruisers if the pilots are good there's more than a few. I fly these on principle

To a large extent, in DS, bigger does = better. Sad but true.

Well, there was a silver lining on the horizon, and that was the ICC Missile Frigate. With its 4 sparrows, it put real fear for UGTO station drivers.

But then they went UQQO and the Devs capitulated and hit the MF with an ROF nerf bat. I don't see many MFs today after they got bludgeoned to death.

Ppl are always whining, "I worked hard to get my rank. No one's gonna stop me from flying my station."

And after they gave the smaller ships some real punch, the tune turned to "Why should some newbie get a ship that can threaten my big ship??"

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 01:16   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 03:12, NoBoDx wrote:
let me guess ? got killed by a luth station ?

a single luth-station dont stand a chance agains a single (same rank) icc / ugto station

i solo UGTO battle stations quite frequently on my nest thank you very much....

/edit: i don't use it all that often, but i dust it off once in a while when they smack talk to much...
[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2010-08-18 01:18 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 01:26   
not very hard to solo stations ya just have to remember the important rule stay at least 400 gu away and you will live (unless it has combat support)

Email *FTL*Soulless
DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 01:27   
Omg nerf them luthys there sooo hard to kee me sooooo mad!l Plox kay love you ....

^ pritty much what i got out of this.

kluth is fine, what is need is better detection ie, fix beacons etc

but overall i have no problem with them

<3 you

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-18 01:32   
christ i give up, fricking childish QQ, i fought kluth when i was ICC and i didnt whine once about them being OP or some silly stuff like that. get some skill and stop crying, a single dessie can make a fleet hurt with planets help, and i dont mean stand still with it, fire and maneuver, i can take on EADs in a fricking dessie jeezaz.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 01:44   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 01:32, Siginau wrote:
christ i give up, fricking childish QQ, i fought kluth when i was ICC and i didnt whine once about them being OP or some silly stuff like that. get some skill and stop crying, a single dessie can make a fleet hurt with planets help, and i dont mean stand still with it, fire and maneuver, i can take on EADs in a fricking dessie jeezaz.

done that and taken on luth krills in a dessie too. Extreamly fun

Email *FTL*Soulless
Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 03:34   
well if u want get an beacon ship beacon the stations in the planet cluster and they are dead.

[annoyed rant] but realy kluth stations are "flying coffins of death" from what ive heard i only got 1 station (the only one i can use) fitted it with a bunch of adv defence power it can survive 3 alphas of an EAD only 3 alphas... so fly one before u complain about the friggin stations.[/annoyed rant]

realy i only use my station to fighter bomb or to fix up my allies.
about kluth beams they are our 95% weapon siph loadout 2 cannons 4 SI and 6-8 torps the rest are beams.if u try it ul see try poping a BD on a cannon torp and core wep fight you will know why we like our beams so if ur gona QQ [pissed] TRY OUT THE PEOPLE UR QQING FIRST [/pissed]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 06:37   
There was a nice counter to station/dread spam. Even a new player could pick one up and be useful in combat. They were called "Missile Frigate" and "Harrier". Yet all the station and dread owners felt they were entitled to owning every thing in sight and thus the missile frigate and harrier were promptly nerfed.

Moral of the story? If you don't have the numbers and the stations. You are screwed.
Welcome to Dread Space!
[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2010-08-18 06:37 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024346 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR