- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Recommendation for Stations and Luth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Recommendation for Stations and Luth
Wolfex
1st Rear Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-08-18 06:56   
Honestly, the people who have nothing better to do then to go one ranting and trying to insult someone..... Get a life seriously; you trying to insult me will not work.

And to be honest this is the first time I’ve ever posted about Luth, I’ve played this game for years....... so before you go on judging someone you don’t even know, understand that whatever you say to try to intimidate, Insult, demean, or otherwise "hurt" me..... Just shows that you might well be a little kid or "Young Adult" in need of Anger Management Classes and Typing Lessons..... Please for the love of all that is good and right..... SPELL CHECK WHAT YOU TYPE!!

Now back to the Topic, I understand that Numbers+Power=No chance.

I’m not saying Nerf the Stations or the Dreads, what I was trying to work towards. Was something to help as a Bonus given that you’re defending your Cluster, Nothing that gives a Scout the ability to take down a Station.

Something similar to Assistance, IE a System that helps to fight enemy Vessels.

One idea would be something to help Missiles to hit their Target Frequently, instead of slamming into a planet due to their flight path when the enemy is next to the planet.

Or maybe something to upgrade Planet Defenses for specific tasks, maybe turn a Usual Defense Structure into something specifically meant to target a certain Class of Ship and nothing else. So you can make something that gives a planet the ability to at least hold off a Ship for a little while before reinforcements get there.

Nothing giving a Structure the ability to bring down a Station in one hit, and can be used to hit anything else. That way it won’t be abused to hit everything with an overpowered weapon.

I know very few people posting Replies, may have never passed the 3rd grade..... But please read the entire post before going on a rant or trying to insult someone. You look like an idiot when you talk about something you don’t fully understand

Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-18 07:34   
@azure

the missile frig was the single most powerful anti everything ship in the game at that point.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-18 07:34   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 01:08, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

To a large extent, in DS, bigger does = better. Sad but true.

Well, there was a silver lining on the horizon, and that was the ICC Missile Frigate. With its 4 sparrows, it put real fear for UGTO station drivers.

But then they went UQQO and the Devs capitulated and hit the MF with an ROF nerf bat. I don't see many MFs today after they got bludgeoned to death.

Ppl are always whining, "I worked hard to get my rank. No one's gonna stop me from flying my station."

And after they gave the smaller ships some real punch, the tune turned to "Why should some newbie get a ship that can threaten my big ship??"

Well UGTO had basically the same ship, just without the ballistic arc for it's missiles but with a couple pcannons to shoot at Scouts with. Of course you almost never saw anyone flying a Harrier. MFs/Harriers are still effective though, it's just most people can't stand the range/fire rate/energy use nerf Sparrows/Peregrines got.

.....I'm not a real vindictive person, but I have to admit I did have fun getting a small group of MFs going and singling out the few insanely vocal whiners for Sparrow spam to the point where they'd ragelog instead of even trying to fly something else.

Quote:

On 2010-08-18 07:34, Siginau wrote:
@azure

the missile frig was the single most powerful anti everything ship in the game at that point.

Not hardly, Sparrows don't have a prayer of hitting anything smaller than a DN, unless you're up against a Cruiser pilot who decides not to make any effort at all at dodging. Even then Sparrows are liable to miss a Cruiser unless it's heading directly away from you in a straight line.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2010-08-18 07:37 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 07:49   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 07:34, Siginau wrote:
@azure

Only if you were completely motionless.
[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2010-08-18 07:50 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-18 09:33   
@ dufus:
take a dread, go sit within weapons range of a deathstar planet. youre kluth, you will be cloaked. are you dead yet?

try it again with an UGTO BD, see how long you last.

@ topic:

i generally think the way the MF was nerfed was a bad idea. each ship should have its role, and the notion that there shouldnt be a frigate that specializes in killing dreadnaughts is frankly bad design. it is also incorrect to claim that it was horribly OP: most people killed by an MF didnt see that it was 4-5 MFs with a supply hiding under ECM. it did take a significant amount of work and coordination to do damage with it. a single MF would NOT kill you though.

other ways it could have been addressed would have been to more severely limit the MFs ammo, reload times, or SLIGHTLY reduced damage. i understand there was also a problem with PD versus the ICC version because of the angle of attack (although frankly i never saw UGTO pull out a picket dessie to counter an MF attack). the harrier seemed to be at a slight disadvantage because it lacked this angle as well. gutting the entire thing was a bad decision though.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-18 10:10   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 06:56, Wolfex wrote:

Now back to the Topic, I understand that Numbers+Power=No chance.

I’m not saying Nerf the Stations or the Dreads, what I was trying to work towards. Was something to help as a Bonus given that you’re defending your Cluster, Nothing that gives a Scout the ability to take down a Station.

Something similar to Assistance, IE a System that helps to fight enemy Vessels.

One idea would be something to help Missiles to hit their Target Frequently, instead of slamming into a planet due to their flight path when the enemy is next to the planet.

Or maybe something to upgrade Planet Defenses for specific tasks, maybe turn a Usual Defense Structure into something specifically meant to target a certain Class of Ship and nothing else. So you can make something that gives a planet the ability to at least hold off a Ship for a little while before reinforcements get there.

Nothing giving a Structure the ability to bring down a Station in one hit, and can be used to hit anything else. That way it won’t be abused to hit everything with an overpowered weapon.

Now if you're talking about "assistance" from the planet, you gotta (I'll say it again) wait and see how the new planetary interaction does it for all of us.

Regarding those missiles that can avoid planets... you DO realize that if that was implemented across the board... you wouldn't be able to hide behind planets anymore should you get spammed by an MD or Ganglia, right? A sword like this cuts both way.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 14:28   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 06:37, Azure Prower wrote:
There was a nice counter to station/dread spam. Even a new player could pick one up and be useful in combat. They were called "Missile Frigate" and "Harrier". Yet all the station and dread owners felt they were entitled to owning every thing in sight and thus the missile frigate and harrier were promptly nerfed.

dread and station users werent the biggest complainers. it was the ppl that felt they HAD to use it because it WAS that overpowered that did most of it...

the old MF's made the other frigates worthless.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-18 14:36   
Actually the sparrows hit dessies just wonderfully
if you look at ds like an rts, everything is balanced
look at some rts games like starcraft,
the small anti air fighter can't solo the big bad battle cruiser, but you can make more for the same amount of time and resources, then your more fighters will take down their capital ships
in darkspace you can control one ship, so bigger is better

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-08-18 15:28   
Quote:

On 2010-08-18 09:33, N'kra The Wolf wrote:
the harrier seemed to be at a slight disadvantage because it lacked this angle as well. gutting the entire thing was a bad decision though.

What most people failed to realize was the ballistic arc for the MF's missiles had it's downsides as well, you were absolutely 100% guaranteed to miss ANYTHING that you shot at if it was within 600 GU as the missiles needed 600-700 GU to complete their arc, you'd even miss a Station if it was that close. Harriers did not suffer from this limitation since they fired straight ahead but since hardly any UGTO used them they never noticed. A few ICC did notice, and even explained this to them.

Quote:

On 2010-08-18 14:36, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Actually the sparrows hit dessies just wonderfully

Harrier fired Sparrows could sometimes hit smaller ships (if they weren't using PD and barely moving, or the pilot was new), yes, because they were fired directly at them. I'm going to guess you never tried this with a MF.

Quote:

On 2010-08-18 14:28, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

dread and station users werent the biggest complainers. it was the ppl that felt they HAD to use it because it WAS that overpowered that did most of it...

the old MF's made the other frigates worthless.

Again, wrong. ICC used MFs extensively because most UGTO players refused to get out of their DNs/Stations and fly smaller ships to counter them. Why use something else when a large part of the other side's PLAYERS handed you a huge advantage on a silver platter? A fleet of 4-5 MFs still took a few minutes to kill a DN, the only reason so many of them died is they tried point jumping us and were singled out and killed while waiting for JD to recharge. Stations died for the same reason, they generally had plenty of time to escape but chose to try and point jump or huddle around a planet instead, giving us time to bring in even more MFs. To kill a Station at a depot planet required 7+ MFs all concentrating on it.

Assault Frigates are designed to hunt Scouts and other Frigates, Sensor Frigates are designed to do EW and to PD screen, there was no point to using either of them vs UGTO DN/Station fleets. MFs, like other missile ships, are designed to combat larger ships so we used them for that purpose.

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 16:21   
Recommendation for you ... when you see 3 stations 2 dreads and 2 cruisers ... /send clan for help and don't bother attacking with 1 SS and 1 AD and 1 HC just so you can later complain in the forums about luth

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2010-08-18 16:39   
wow glad he didty play 4.83 version he whould have a reason to be mad lol now that was hell now its like liveing in haven compred to then

Email deathblave
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-08-18 16:50   
face/palm

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-08-18 19:05   
<3 Talien. didnt know about the arc issue actually =P

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-08-19 04:56   
I actually saw a buncha MFs (think it was 4 or 5) take out a Hive in a battle back then. There was a battle going on and the Hive was apparently too distracted with fighting off other cruisers and dreads once he jumped in. JD still recharging, no WH device, couldn't cloak fast enough.... MFs made mincemeat out of him.

So believe me when I say it was a damned shame that the MF was nerfed.

Actually, an evil fix and a good buff for ICC would be to give the MD the same MF ballistic arc launch for most of its missiles.

Imagine a swarm of arcing, hard to PD, PSMs heading your way.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-08-19 04:58 ]

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-08-19 05:15   
Quote:

On 2010-08-17 02:57, Wolfex wrote:

Im seeing Luth group together Dreads with nothing but Beams, and uncloaking right next to a group of targets to spam with Beams.
that is the Advantage to being Luth, but its abused way to much.

One Word... NUB

Quote:

Maybe rethink their Armor and Hull, so they have to actually work for it. they can stand toe-to-toe with most ships which is good, but that only adds to the High-powered Beams, Cloak, and Repairing Advantages

The main reason I think that Luth armour repairs SO Quickly is because it balances out the fact that without Adv Def Upgrades, Luth are just Crabs with Paper Shells.. + They are Organic

Quote:

Im only saying this, because i want to help make sure this game becomes Fair and Even. if the Game expands and maintains a fair sense of gameplay, then it will last alot longer

Hmmph well you failed...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030147 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR