No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » SGU Season 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author SGU Season 2
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-12-18 12:46   

Another show cancelled, just like Caprica.

While I liked BSG, Caprica was dull. Likewise SGU. Couldn't sit through more than a couple of episodes. The acting/characters just felt wooden somehow, I dunno.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-18 13:08   
Quote:

On 2010-12-18 12:46, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

While I liked BSG, Caprica was dull. Likewise SGU. Couldn't sit through more than a couple of episodes. The acting/characters just felt wooden somehow, I dunno.

I truely felt the same way when Stargate Atlantis launched. So unfamiliar, so strange, but I eventually fell in love with Atlantis, and the characters, likewise SGU. It is a continuation of an epic sci-fi adventure, and it is truly a major loss to have it be cancelled. Also, I enjoyed the visual appeal of Caprica, and with the added up amount of shows Syfy has dumped, I am losing my faith in them. Syfy seems to be focusing on Wrestling, and mythical magic rather than true Science Fiction, true space-based stories and the like.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-12-18 21:23   
cancelling the show will be one of the biggest mistakes Syfy makes. this is sounding the channel's death knell.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-18 22:12   
Quote:

On 2010-12-18 13:08, SantaClaus wrote:
Quote:

I truely felt the same way when Stargate Atlantis launched. So unfamiliar, so strange, but I eventually fell in love with Atlantis, and the characters, likewise SGU. It is a continuation of an epic sci-fi adventure, and it is truly a major loss to have it be cancelled. Also, I enjoyed the visual appeal of Caprica, and with the added up amount of shows Syfy has dumped, I am losing my faith in them. Syfy seems to be focusing on Wrestling, and mythical magic rather than true Science Fiction, true space-based stories and the like.

the reason you fell in love with alantis was because their was some form of real gunfight action in the first 24 hours of it or actual sci fi.

but no not stargate universe just pure talking heads and people sticking their hands into gates. for the very first part at least now thats a show killer and ending up on a ship thats over 10000 years old and discovering your screwed in 2.5 million ways in the first 30 seconds of being onboard.

and spacegatecluse i earned the right to be a hater i have all the stargate dvd sets seson 1 to 10 of sg 1 the origional movie ark of truth and contiumin and season 1 to 5 of alantis.

saw the first episode of universe on tv and i fell asleep during it.

that only happens if it is boring and plantary bombardments that you don't really see followed by the planet exploding does not count as action.

it counts as a explosion

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2010-12-18 22:28 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-12-18 22:21   
Quote:

On 2010-12-18 13:08, SantaClaus wrote:
Quote:

In all fairness, I did enjoy the original Stargate movie. It somehow had that magic of the conspiracy theory of man discovering that the Ancient gods were in fact, aliens.

Caprica, well... didn't like it much. It didn't have the space/action theme of BSG. I guess that's why it didn't appeal much. BSG:Blood & Chrome for 2011/12. Hope it does better.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-27 02:09   
Updates on the work being done by the big guys of SGU:

Stargate Universe - The Battle for Continuation Continues

http://www.jbud.org/2010/12/27/stargate-universe-the-battle-for-continuation-continues/

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-28 02:29   
I watched the BSG miniseries when it first came out and loved it. Then I watched the show itself and got more bored as time went on. Seemed like whenever they realized it was getting stale they went 'OMG, THIS PERSON IS ALSO A CYLON' and it got on my nerves to no end.

To the shows credit though, I didn't really watch past the first season, so it may have improved (though every commercial I saw for it was more of 'OMG, THIS PERSON IS ALSO A CYLON' so I steered clear).

Now, I don't have cable/satalite TV, so I can't really watch syfy as it airs, but they do have the whole first season on netflix, so I watched the stream of it.

It had me completely hooked the whole time. Not since SG-1 had I throughly loved the series so much (atlantis never was my thing. I enjoy watching it, just never got into it) .

I guess I'm a sucker for episodes based around "how does this crap work?" like from early SG-1 .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.011409 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR