No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC stations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author ICC stations
James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-04 20:33   
Quote:

On 2010-09-04 16:26, BackSlash wrote:
Most likely look into replacing the way in which aux shield generators are used on some ships. I dislike the fact that they are used as a layer of defence, rather than included in the utility.

As with anything, they'll get looked at when we get around to re-doing their layouts.

huh, personally I think ICC's energy system needs little bit of work done to it for the higher up ships

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-04 22:26   
Lets stay on subject.

We're talking about how ICC do not see benefits from supply or depots.

Towards ICC having armour: Yes I am aware ICC have armour but their defense is more or less put into shields. This isn't an issue at all, as mensioned earlier, for smaller ships and things that aren't the size of a small moon but when you step into a station, especially a Line station, all you are greeted with is a hell of alot of shields, 1 armour plate and energy issues. You never get to see any benefits.

I hope this will be adressed when they re-work ships.

Time til they re-work ships: Soon(tm)

So ICC will just have to put up with stations being useless until someone sits down and drafts somthing up in the ship changes.

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-05 01:06   
lol qq moar and stop trying to take luy back, there tired of you

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Nuds
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-05 03:54   
I've played around a bit with a ICC Support Station in Beta and it is possible to shield tank indefinitely with defence mode on.

I swapped out all the Aux shield gens for power gens since IMO they are useless (In my experience, they go from 100% to 0% from one hit, not sure if it was buffed recently).

I put 8 advanced defence mods on for a total of +48% def.

The method is to turn off shields first, take a couple of alphas until your armor goes down and hull is around 80% then turn shields back on and self rep.

You can still dish out the hurt with core weapons and missiles when not moving but once you start spamming lasers, your energy will go down slowly.

This was tested against a couple of AI cruisers, dessies and a dread or two, so obviously this probably wouldn't work as well against players with all-out damage enhancements and focus firing.

Email Nuds   Goto the website of Nuds
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-05 07:59   
Quote:

On 2010-09-05 01:06, Thor's hammer wrote:
lol qq moar and stop trying to take luy back, there tired of you

This is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Please try to remain civil and treat others with respect. It's high time the community ceases to be so overtly hostile to eachother. It's a game, stop treating eachother as real life enemies.

I'm generally of the mind that ICC Stations are passable. They could stand to be fitted into other roles than carbon copies of Stations on the other two factions, though. ICC Stations aren't the general frontline combat UGTO can afford theirs to be, so it'd be interesting to see them built towards other purposes.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-05 15:25   
Quote:

On 2010-09-04 20:01, soulless93 wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-04 19:57, BackSlash wrote:
Try and bear in mind that you're attacking a player by a planet. His factions planet. A planet should be a safe(-ish) haven for a player.

Right now planets are definitely not in a worthy state, and I hope to address this when we get around to working on them (not just new capture mechanics, but also beefing up the defences).

Repair rates @ plantes: As far as I'm concerned, if a player wants to remove a large amount of planetary offence so that they can put depots all over it, that's an acceptable trade-off.

i see your point jack but last night when ICC was trying to take luyt, there was an arrgy that was INVINCIBLE at mich. There was 2 line and a SS, 2 ADs a combat dessie and random AI trying to kill it and just would not die. So if he had been in a BD he alone could have killed us all. So point is repair rates should be looked at or make it so when the planet is blockaded the rep rate is like 50% or something
[ This Message was edited by: soulless93 on 2010-09-04 20:20 ]

Had to WH it out of luyt... non of the AD's figured "oh wait its no longer at a depot. maybe i should follow it and end its lil life"

we still caapped it. then we scrapped the damn thing -_-

stations are good and all but it comes down to this,

Icc are ment to be defence faction. thats good.

we get given shields thats (1) +
we get def mode (1) +
we get to swap shield plates (1) +

Constant E drain - (1)
unable to repair using depots as effeciently as the others - (2)

there we have 1 + in total.

(this is defence only stand point, we be about 0 if weapons were included)

see luth are cloak, hit and run.
Cloak, safety +1
choose ur battles +1
Fast as hell repair rates +1
auto repair +1

Poor armour -1

thats 3 +
again no weapons to keep it even.
and off the top of my head.

Ugto are ment to be the mediocre aint they?

Strong armour + (1)
Interchangeable armour + 1

not much u can say they are the mean of the game, the average work base.

arguably ya could say they NEED a support ship or depot, as shields recharge (a perk to only icc(the defence faction)) luth get auto repair drone things (ahr?) and ugto armour repairs too if ya dont have ablative.
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-09-05 15:52 ]

sorry was ment to make a point.
the fact is our faction (icc) doesnt have any real benefits.
i mean it does but its offset by everything else while the others actually do have perks to it that arent completely offset by anything.
so we may be a defence faction but we cant actually tank and do anything.
luth CAN hit and run.
Ugto CAN... station spam xD kill both of us easily.

Icc cant. i mean thatd be good if you want to start makeing all the factions the same with a slight twist and not specialized like it seems to be aimed towards.

[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-09-05 16:31 ]

forgot luth jumps times (faster) +1 xD

anyway yeah, this is in general not just stations.
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-09-06 16:44 ]

We are the Falix Brothers...

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-05 22:19   
Seems like you guys never tried stations one on one.

Sens , help me here. Last time we had a duel in beta your ugto station against my kluth station , did you manage to kill me WITHOUT using your beams,with only core weapons and fighters while i was using everything + beams on you?

Oh yeah...

and what was your hull at before i went kaboom? oh yeah 25%..

Oh yeah!

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos[+R] on 2010-09-05 22:20 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-05 23:17   

I'm actually under the impression that Kluth stations suck the most, since their armor is the weakest against the other 2 factions. In fact, I have not even attempted to take out a station because of that fact.

Whatever it is, my stand has always been this. Something is wrong with the hull/armor repair rate across the board. Yes. With ALL factions. Be it UGTO or Kluth.

It makes no sense that a ship or station parked at a depot planet with supp plats, being shot at by 3 other ships... is still able to regenerate armor or hull faster than it is being damaged.

This is a game, yes. But it still defies the law of nature or physics, or even common sense. The repair rate is just stupid. Makes no sense that a huge energy or kinetic warhead capable of pulverizing or vaporizing armor and hull can actually be beaten by some newfangled drone carrying some magical s**tshingle techno-repair nanobots. It's just BS.

Now, on the flip side, yes... I hear people are saying that we will slow down combat if we "adjust" the repair rate. Maybe.

Personally I prefer realism over anything else. Meaning that if your ship is damaged (hulled), it will take a long time to repair it in the field... and if you truly wanted it to be fully repaired fast, you'd have to dock it and take out another ship while the SY works on it for a set period of time.

That's my preference of course, but it'd never wash with the "fast combat" arcade game crowd.

So, the quick fix would be to halt or disrupt all repairs on any ship for 10 secs everytime it gets hit by any weapon.

Think about it. Any warhead impact on a ship would cause some massive shock and splash that would destroy or disrupt the drones and/or repair process.... at least for a period of time.

So in effect, the repair rates will still be the same OUT OF COMBAT... but this will make it much more difficult to exploit during combat.

No longer will depot planets be abused as some kind of tank shield. And all we have to do is to stop repairs for 10 secs after every weapon hit. If you get hit again within those 10 secs, the counter resets to 0 and the countdown starts again.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-09-06 01:09   
"To the ICC are a mid range/long range faction......"

Thats not all true,sorry maybe it is not that simple.

1. ICC have good long range (Missiles) and close range (Assault) power.
Why should their stations be strong too? More important is how the forces are combined and Stations are still very usefull to ICC attacking/supplying.

2.Depots are one of UGTOs strengths.Is that so bad?
And a depot may only support ONE ship at athe time.
I dont see it too often, this last, invincible unit hugging an ultra depot planet.

Marius Falix: "luth CAN hit and run.
Icc cant."

Thats just not true, maybe you play at times when ICC is far outnumbered.
ICC can easily beat KLUTH with equal AD numbers.
ICC can easily beat UGTO with equal MD numbers and Supply.

I think the only thing ICC cant beat at equal numbers, is UGTO with all
EADs and BDs.

[
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Perihelion on 2010-09-06 01:31 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 02:31   
icc stations can missle spam like crazy

icc is long range faction. i would die id say if an icc station not point jump me, but jump 2K near me and send a sensor pinger...

A hive only has firepower when within 300 gu range. in 800 gu range firepower is barely acceptable, just desynch is bigger on stations so the si damages in even less occaisions.

Ugto is something in between. It got fighters and lotsa missles for long range, and the QST always hurts, AND it got sick beam array. Next to that there is ablative armor that is more resistant to a lot of dmg, and the rep drones can fix the armor just as fast as us, but since they recieve less dmg and there always an ai worker around to help em...they seem overpowered.

Therefore playwers always find it very easy to point jump and kill an icc station, but u wont see the favor returned.

If u want to fight upclose, change faction, or change ship to assault dread:)

[ This Message was edited by: HakkeTak on 2010-09-06 02:42 ]

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 16:12   
In my General view of the three playable factions, they all have pros and cons, stations aren't balanced to one hit kills anymore and dreads run outta power really fast, i suggest they should have started reworking the ships from stations down so that we could see the benifits of balanced power usage.

Right now energy for all factons are crap only in DarkSpace does a star ship run out of power when it needs it the most. This is a game, energy issues and repair issues should have been addressed upon first launch not 10 years in the making. Icc have shields but 1 alpha and shields drop to 30%, 2 alphas and you have 60% armor and no shields cause shield recharge incombat is ineffective as is defense mode cause its either shoot or try to get some energy to shields, in true scifi notion weapons and shields should have their own power generation systems so that firing weapons doesnt mean you lose your defenses, i have suggested that the ICC get better aux generators and engines to better suit them so they can turn faster and have enough energy for their shields and weapons.

or the devs can get rid of all these damn missles and just use Cannons, beans and Torps like normal scifi, i would rather have MI torps than a ship that can spam missle that are shot down or miss even when they shouldnt.

I suggested also to rememdy they current situation is to show actual shield and armor numbers instead of a percentage it would, help balance the game by allowing players to see actuall numbers so they can better decide on how to approiate defenses and plan counter attacks.

Just a though.

Email µOmniVore
Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-06 16:29   
meh i think that ic statios should have the requirments as the ugto and kluth SS'ns

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 16:51   
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 01:09, Fatal Perihelion wrote:

Marius Falix: "luth CAN hit and run.
Icc cant."

[
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Perihelion on 2010-09-06 01:31 ]

i was reffering to the whole: we are a defence faction but really we are average but can choose whats getting shot at.
we aint really tanks (unless in tiny ship to ship combat)

so yeah. dreads they are about equal to their counterparts.
luth aint naturally, they arent ment to be xD
but icc/ugto are very similiar.
ICC should be tanking all sorts of damage not the same as ugto it is the defence faction after all.

We are the Falix Brothers...

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 17:46   
ICC may not be pwnzor uber tank, but they dish out as much damage as other factions.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-06 21:19   
Quote:

On 2010-09-04 17:19, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
While I played K'luth I could fly around in a tooled up Hive confident that with my natural armour/hull regeneration coupled with turning on the spot and the 3 repair drones i'm more or less instoppable unless completely surrounded/outnumbered. <------------------ I read until here. Further reading is a total waste of time.

seconded.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024199 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR