Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Planet Cap help
 Author Planet Cap help
Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-05 21:45   
Well, i finally got the hang of planet capping, problem is, i can't find enough to cap

I go to scen, get 4 planet cap points every time. Thats means i would have to have 5 more scens to get the 20 points i need.

Thing is, after i grab the free planets and planets with 7 or lower units on them, im out of stuff to cap, as the 10 units a tranny holds isn't enough for most planets. So i went to MV, and most planets have 32 units....

So is there a region in MV that is good for capping, or do i need to wait until the scen restarts every time?

Also any other planet cap tips would be handy. Thx for your time

Email Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-09-05 21:55   
We all had to do it at one point and we lived......well at least most of us did......

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-09-05 21:56 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-05 22:12   
Lol i know i could do it. Im looking for the easy(er) way out. Not a lot of free time coming up with Reach coming out and all lol.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-09-05 22:28   
Before the MV was joined into one it was fairly easy to go to a server like Procon (the MI server) and bomb, cap then rebuild planets without any trouble, especialy if there is 2-3 of you. One person bomb, one person rebuild, one person supply. I'm not sure if a faction would let you be anymore tho since now everyone can see every time you get near a planet regarless what server you are in, but if sucessful you may be able to cap a planet every 15 min or so.

You could switch factions and recap the planets you just capt in scen... although I'm not 100% sure if this is legal as it might be classified as an exploit so I would definatly find that out forsure before you try it...

-SGK

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-05 22:52   
well atleast your trying to cap planets, im at 6 planet caps and im admiral!

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-09-05 23:12   
Quote:

On 2010-09-05 22:52, The Enforcer wrote:
well atleast your trying to cap planets, im at 6 planet caps and im admiral!

That sounds oddly familiar... hmm

Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 00:07   
Yep working towards the assault cruiser. There was one tonight when i was playing UGTO that just absolutely would not die. Too many beams for my destroyer to handle. Soooo i need to at least try it out

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 02:37   
lol how fast u expected to finsih game and all badges?

u capped some planets in scenario...took u an hour to get 4 caps? or less? thats fine...
best thing for badges, is not to focus on em, just play game.

as an extra tip: empty planets dont give a full planet cap point if u cap it, more like 0,3. Try waiting till enemy has partially build planet, but not buildt defense.

u can then get a tranny to cap planet, or get a bomber to get ur bombin badge...
after some practice ull learn how to get those 32 inf well defended planets in saggitarius

Oh and last tip: stop resisting! u hunamz cannot handle the pain we got in store for u.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-06 10:03   
Quote:

On 2010-09-05 22:28, SpaceGK wrote:
You could switch factions and recap the planets you just capt in scen... although I'm not 100% sure if this is legal as it might be classified as an exploit so I would definatly find that out forsure before you try it...

-SGK

I wouldn't, admins tend to frown on things like that. Best to do it the non-abusive way.

Capping in scen:

Build a planet with 10+ barracks (leave them set to infantry as they build quicker) and 5 bunker base 1s to keep AI transports from dropping on it. Do not add a starport, but a couple mines/factories may be a good idea so you don't have to resupply it with resources manually.

Load your transport from that planet and go drop troops on some undefended AI built enemy planet out in the sticks that nobody cares about.

Return to barracks planet and reload troops, go back to other planet and drop.

Repeat until planet is capped.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-06 10:11   
Quote:

On 2010-09-05 22:28, SpaceGK wrote:

-SGK

Short answer: No, not legal.

Long answer: It's only legal if you captured it, got an engineer, built it and its defences up in the best possible way with no weak spots, and then swapped sides to face the death-star you just built. So no, unless you have superhuman levels of integrity, and frankly nobody would believe you. See the short answer above.

Also, I may be mistaken, but I'm reasonably sure you can't swap sides on a scenario map.

Finally; you gain significantly more points for captuing a planet with lots of buildings on it than you get for a barren, lifeless planet. The number of infantry you use doesn't really matter, however.

[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2010-09-06 10:13 ]

Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 11:28   
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 02:37, HakkeTak wrote:

u can then get a tranny to cap planet, or get a bomber to get ur bombin badge...
after some practice ull learn how to get those 32 inf well defended planets in saggitarius

Ive got all the other bronze badges besides planet cap Im done with bombing.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 13:01   
i think there is a scen map "epsilon eri" and i beleive if u start ugto there are alot of icc planets when u start

Page created in 0.020673 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR