No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Swaping teams
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Swaping teams
ELITE DRAGON LORD
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 03:15   
I have thsis proberlem where i cant change teams evern if i wait for 50 mins still dosnt work ivv loged in and out quit the game rebooted computer and stuff like that..... When i press the play butten for MV it pops to the uggto ship selection page.

How can i swap?!

idea: also there sould be a butten to change teams in the ship selection page but have a timer on it so people cant keep swaping!

Tatsumasa
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-09-06 03:17   
It's because you're in a fleet I would assume.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-06 03:33   
You need to leave your fleet to switch factions.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-06 04:15   
I wish there was at least a 3 day or weekly lock out for faction swapping.

I don't mind faction swappers. What I do mind are the faction swappers that join to get intel from the faction they swapped to and possibly sabotaging. Then swapping back to the faction they just came from. Granted its against RoC, but more often than not they get away with it.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-06 10:03   
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 04:15, Azure Prower wrote:
...Granted its against RoC, but more often than not they get away with it.

Not aiming this at anyone specifically, but I'd like to remind everyone that if you see someone breaking the rules, harassing people, swearing, or what-have-you, you can use the /report command. For example:

"/report Exploity McSploit is sabotaging all of our planets and then changing sides to capture them in the Tau Ceti system. They're swapping between ICC and UGTO, and they're doing it to Fargo Rock right now."

Remember to include who, where, and what.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 11:28   
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 04:15, Azure Prower wrote:
I wish there was at least a 3 day or weekly lock out for faction swapping.

I don't mind faction swappers. What I do mind are the faction swappers that join to get intel from the faction they swapped to and possibly sabotaging. Then swapping back to the faction they just came from. Granted its against RoC, but more often than not they get away with it.

You claim this is happening but you have no proof.

If they lock changing factions they must as well turn off the servers and call it quits. Most people change to the faction thats having more fun. It sucks to be on the losing side.

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 11:48   
many of you probably seen me on many diffrent sides lately, but i dont sabotage planets and all that, i just swap teams for combat, supply, and maybe bombing pres

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 12:41   
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 11:28, -Daedalus- wrote:

You claim this is happening but you have no proof.

If they lock changing factions they must as well turn off the servers and call it quits. Most people change to the faction thats having more fun. It sucks to be on the losing side.

oh? you swap factions if you're on the losing side?

i have 3 types of faction hoppers:
1. Respected. They hop because they feel today is kluth day. I have a craving for an EAD.
2. To get away from losing team. Bandwagon, i want to be on the winning team. Not-so respected.
3. Sabo. Not respected at all.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-06 13:33   
Not just sabotage, but intel giving as well.

Example A:

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2010-09-06 13:36 ]

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 14:31   
wanna know why you can't change factions. your fleet locked. you get into a fleet for a certain faction and your stuck in that faction until you leave the fleet. as simple as that.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-06 14:31   
Someone had the gaul to call me out for not having a fleet.

As if I would ever break the ROC or do somthing similar. I change sides because if no one is on ICC but there are fleets of luth and ugto then it is more fun to join one of them. That and I like certain ships from all races which is when I log on I go "Feel like MD today" and go ICC.

The way some of you go about trying to 'punish' 'faction hoppers' this is turning more and more into a witch hunt. You just don't like the fact that someone can swap teams because it gives them the doorway to exploit or break the ROC instead of bringing in claims that someone has infact broken the ROC.

I was insulted when someone started attacking me for going ICC after being k'luth for a bit. I was attacked to the point where I chose a fleet to finally shut up the person/s whos name/s shall not be said.

Whats worse is that I changed fleets because I was bored to tears of ugto and luth and wanted to see if I could bring ICC back into the fold and put myself at the head of an ICC attack force. When I got into the server a marshall had locked the planets I was working on and told me that because I did not have a fleet I was not allowed to build a planet on ICC as I was not trusted.

ME... not trusted to build a planet? After my classic fast typing spam of hate and rage they finally put pressure on him to unlock the planet but that sort of situation shouldn't arise.

You should only put up a flag for faction swapping if you see someone exploiting this or breaking the ROC. Keep a good eye on what happens because you can see when someone turns somthing off or scraps somthing, I ALWAYS check the planet when someone does this to make sure they aren't sabotaging it.

One last thing:
There should be an announcement when someone scraps infantry on a planet. Today when ICC broke into epsilon I saw a k'luth planet go from 32 inf to 0 inf without a single structure being destroyed or population lowered. Someone obviously scrapped the infantry on that planet, I called out to K'luth to check it out but no one seemed to care.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-06 14:54   
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 14:31, Okkam's Razor wrote:
One last thing:
There should be an announcement when someone scraps infantry on a planet. Today when ICC broke into epsilon I saw a k'luth planet go from 32 inf to 0 inf without a single structure being destroyed or population lowered. Someone obviously scrapped the infantry on that planet, I called out to K'luth to check it out but no one seemed to care.

I've seen this happen before, but unfortunately there's really nothing that can be done about it since there's no broadcast saying who disbanded the troops like there is when someone scraps/deactivates/activates planet structures.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 15:14   
Quote:

The way some of you go about trying to 'punish' 'faction hoppers' this is turning more and more into a witch hunt. You just don't like the fact that someone can swap teams because it gives them the doorway to exploit or break the ROC instead of bringing in claims that someone has infact broken the ROC.

There is far too much "join a fleet" pushed on people of this game and bashing of people who refuse to be on fleets.

I don't see why someone would want to be locked into a fleet anyways. It's like a jail and then you get the tards on the fleets who think a name/rank = almighty power to boss others around or even kick them out for not "obeying"

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-06 17:36   
Quote:

On 2010-09-06 14:54, Talien wrote:
I've seen this happen before, but unfortunately there's really nothing that can be done about it since there's no broadcast saying who disbanded the troops like there is when someone scraps/deactivates/activates planet structures.

Disbanding troops does, however, show up in the logs. Again, reporting this kind of thing is very helpful.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-06 18:16   
I withdraw any support for Okkam's Razor I may have posted in this thread. After watching him switch sides mid battle today I cannot bring myself to defend him anymore.

People like him are why people get pissed off at people who change factions.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025204 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR