No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO advert take 2 [Need volunteers]
 Author UGTO advert take 2 [Need volunteers]
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-15 07:08   
Ok, last time there were some issues I wanted to correct before we could make a decent film capture but I was under pressure from not having enough people and some people needed to leave.

Also, I wasn't fully aware that the follow/shadow commands suck at the moment which threw my plan of an UGTO arrowhead formation into attack.

Same stuff, different day:
- I'll need 5 dread pilots for UGTO
- I'll need 1 ICC station, couple of HCs, a destroyer or two and a couple of supply ships. (so 5 ICC ships)

This time around I will be in a bigger ship getting better views of the actual fighting. The UGTO arrowhead assault needs to be closer to the target, basically I would need you to be more or less in beam range apon landing.
I might change the venue to at a planet in the beta server so I can camera view the planet and check everything out there. If so I will need someone to disable the planet defences, I don't want random planet fire.

What will happen this time:
If people are still game for this advert idea then I would like to get a dummy shot a few times of the fighting but you won't actually be fighting. Basically I will get a shot of the dreadnaughts in formation and jumping in so that the 'head' EAD will appear almost dead infront of the camera angle (if possible) to fully appreciate the size and caliber of the EAD, it will look like the ships are firing apon the station but they'll be firing at nothing, just to get the close up video of the firing in unison.

I will also need to get closer shots of the supply ships doing their duty nearer the station, some closer shots of the station's innerds because it is damaged.

The station itself will be required to die and not defend itself in any significant way. You won't be using defence mode or cycling shields for this advert, the station took too long to die in the last one. I want a quick flash fry and show off of UGTO POWER.

I have some separate video footage i've taken since with ugto fleets and individual ships to show them off in some minor role before implimentation into a proper advert. The advert will take in full length no more than a minute, but while the actual advert time is low you'd be suprised how long it takes to create all that video footage.

One last thing:
- The date and time will be Friday the 17th of September (That should be right) at 7:30pm UK TZ (last time someone pointed out to me that saying GMT wasn't a smart move, and i've forgotten the timezone he suggested. So we'll go with the time in the UK, you can find out what difference it makes to your times where you live online).
- I will need atleast 10 people if possible, you will all have a role to play and yes you will be in the credits. (although the credits at the end will be very short as you aren't paid actors)
- It will be done in the beta server in Cincin.
- If you could get there early by about 5 minutes or so that would be great, 10 minutes if you're eager.
- If you have plans for that day then please tell me so I can give you a role that suits your time to leave. I don't want people turning up expecting this to last 5-10 mins then go.

I really want to get this done and make a decent movie out of it and this will take some time, probably 30-40 minutes.

I'm tempted to call for people to go on the DS ventrillo when involved with this as while I can type fast it isn't practical when i've turned off all my interface to record.

Please reply to this thread if you're interested or would like to take part so that I can gauge numbers involved and edit the plan on paper before the time.

Thanks
Okkam (Silent)
[ This Message was edited by: Okkam's Razor on 2010-09-16 07:05 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-09-15 14:35   
ill do it again.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-16 06:43   
Thanks, for a moment there I thought I lost all interest in it.

I would love to get this done properly and post the final result.

t500
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-16 08:26   
ill help

Email t500
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-16 08:35   
Thanks, the more the merrier... tell your friends!!!

Mint Ice Cream[+R]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-16 10:01   
i could be the ICC supply

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-17 13:39   
It is going as planned apart from I was late coming home so have to download DS beta apparently aswell. Thus the timing of the advert gathering is a bit screwy.

Due to the time involved in downloading darkspace beta (I even swapped folders over to shorten the time) and the fact that I was late I will need to reschedule this to next friday the 24th of September.

Advert date now:
Friday September 24th at 8:00pm (to allow myself time to get here)

If you have any suggestions or comments I would like to hear them aslong as it isn't "sheesh man, get your stuff together!!"

Sorry for inconvenience.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-09-17 20:31   
I will try to make it, but no guarantees.

Mint Ice Cream[+R]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 01:37   
Quote:

Advert date now:
Friday September 24th at 8:00pm (to allow myself time to get here)

where do u live???

Page created in 0.017345 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR