No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » WH and re-logging.
 Author WH and re-logging.
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-16 10:27   
:RAGE:

I'm sure I can't be the only one who has had issues creating wormholes recently. I can create a wormhole but the entrance doesn't appear for me. The exit does however, so things can come to me but I cannot go to them. I can move forward but I never hit the invisible entrance.

I am wondering what is causing this?

Also on a related note, if it is de-synch maybe you should attempt to fix it with a server issue because i'm sick and fed up of having to re-log to even get anywhere with a WH.

Somthing also related to this is that if I atttempt a re-log to fix this issue so I can see my own damned wormhole I cannot get back into the game, it just continues to tell me i've disconnected from the server til my ship dissapears from the server and goes back into my hangar.

Now I am 100% sure the last issue is not my fault and it is somthing other people are having issues with, it is worse if you get a split second internet connection loss, so instead of re-connecting like a normal person you have to sit out for 2 minutes while your ship gets mauled by every man and his sodding dog...

WHY?!

even better question: WHY ME?!

I tried re-logging and had the issue I mensioned, to come back to the same WH issue after re-logging and this WH issue has been happening to me for days now. It is not an isolated incident, it can happen two or three times in a row which if you consider how long it takes for a WH to recharge or how long battles go on for it is kind of annoying to sit there while the game fails around you and you cannot help your fleet.

There, i've done my rage.... :rage:

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-09-16 11:15   
Quote:

I can create a wormhole but the entrance doesn't appear for me.
I am wondering what is causing this?

It is a common WHD issue. I can confirm its existence since 530 atleast, and older players may confirm it further earlier.
Its cause is, from my observations, your latency to the server and the load on the server. Side effects of high load are short WH times, as short as 35 seconds (dread WHD, 530).
Quote:

Somthing also related to this is that if I atttempt a re-log to fix this issue so I can see my own damned wormhole I cannot get back into the game, it just continues to tell me i've disconnected from the server til my ship dissapears from the server and goes back into my hangar.

If you were aware of the fragmented sectors of Orion, you would not complain of this. If you are, you are pretty foolish to complain. Either way, explanation :-
1) You log in to the server you select.
2) When you log out, the last accessed server logs your name into its register for 5 minutes.
3) If you log out of server X and join server Y within 5 minutes, server Y rejects your login, while also telling X to delete your name from the register and your ships and all things related to it from the server, so that you can log in properly the next time. Does it remove the WH too? Can't say, but your complain makes it possible.
4) The single server map auto-logs you into Ursa Minor, the newbie server. You definitely don't play in the newbie area most of your time, so ursa minor never logs your name under itself when you log out. So, every relog means your possessions, probably including the WH, are deleted from the entire gamefield.

Why? To bypass the exploit of having multiple ships at the same time, under the same name.
Side-info : A smaller scale system also deletes all projectiles from the game should they be swapped for something else (523-541, cannons unconfirmed).
Quote:

even better question: WHY ME?!

Learn to play when the MV has less players, or there are no fights going on. If you can't, then abandon WHs. Time is a sad constraint or benefactor for people. For me, its the benefactor (read 'from').

Cheers.
[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Michael Paradox on 2010-09-16 11:17 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-16 12:41   
Quote:

On 2010-09-16 10:27, Okkam's Razor wrote:
instead of re-connecting like a normal person you have to sit out for 2 minutes while your ship gets mauled by every man and his sodding dog...

Strange as it may be to believe, the reconnect system was not designed to be a resync process, though it is wonderful on an unofficial level that it works that way. However, the two minute disappearance timer was explicitly added so you couldn't just logout and have your ship go poof and thereby avoid being killed at any given time.

Now, the not being able to relog-in within those two minutes at all now (well, save for within UM, but nobody plays there) is a bug, which is fixed in beta (see dev log entry #4). So theoretically this will be fixed as soon as beta is pushed to release.

before you ask: two weeks™

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2010-09-16 12:42 ]

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.200281 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR