No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » lagg/desynk
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author lagg/desynk
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-09-27 16:21   
Also been getting many of the issues stated above, but not wanting to get into the arguement so im not gunna say any more.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-27 16:25   
Quote:

On 2010-09-27 15:21, GiggaShadow{+R} wrote:
Quote:

I wasn't talking directly about your crappy computer, it was at the general floor.. Many people here admittedly have junkers. A computer is a computer, I have 12 and 10 of them can't even run DS at low graphics, I don't take offense when someone says any of them are a piece of crap, so lighten up bro, it's not that big a deal... Relatively, someone may look at your stats and laugh because they payed 16,000 dollars on their supercomputer. Relatively everyone's computer is cheap and crap to someone else, so calm down.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2010-09-27 16:30 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-27 16:27   
Quote:

On 2010-09-27 16:17, soulless *TO* wrote:
I been getting same issues to. And before andone yells or flips out i don't run much of anything in the backround. So all of my 4 gigs is to darkspace and i still get lag and it only gets worse with UGTO around.

that's because we are the only ones who you can throw millions of missiles at.n

GiggaShadow[+L.F.]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-27 16:56   
jbud,

It is a big deal, When Most of us realy enjoy playing DS. and have had no problems or issues until somthing has changed. So then instead of getting listened to we are told it is are isp or our computers, granted not many can afford supercomputers but people dont just get mad because they hate playing DS and whine about it. Me, They love playing DS and all of a sudden somthing has changed and now it can not be played, and it is alot more than a couple of people that are having these issues with DS right now. So being told you have a crappy or cheap computer, when it had no problem what so ever a week ago. Will deffinatly Make people angry, and it is not because they wan't to cry to be crying, it is because they realy love playing this game. I am one of those people who love playing this game getting into big fleet faction wars over systems and such and now, like others whom are experiancing the same issues can not play DS. I know most of what I have said is repetative. Plane and simple, and it would not hurt you JBud to understand that and use a little Tact before you speak.
if you were having the same issues you would not be speaking so losley and with out thought or tact.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-27 17:39   
Quote:

On 2010-09-27 16:27, Obsidian Shadow wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-27 16:17, soulless *TO* wrote:
I been getting same issues to. And before andone yells or flips out i don't run much of anything in the backround. So all of my 4 gigs is to darkspace and i still get lag and it only gets worse with UGTO around.

that's because we are the only ones who you can throw millions of missiles at.n

it can even be a scout and game will still freeze

Email *FTL*Soulless
Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-27 19:28   
I never lag, and i can assure you most of you have better comps than me. It has to be your networks, or something on your side, as i get no lag from DS at all.

Email Vice Admiral Josh Knight
Botji
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-27 19:46   
Im going to post this here, hard to know wich thread to post in since there are a few about the lagg/desync issues.. Wall-o-text incoming, for anyone with similar problems like chat stops working, loading/unloading things, trying to build something or just "desyncish" problems. Read below or just try to alt + tab out and back again.

Tried UDP on/off again during a few hours of play and found some interesting things, at least about my own lag/desync problems.

UDP=on(scenario):
Joined UGTO and jumped directly to a friendly planet that had an enemy weapon plat in orbit but when i got there i could only see the planet(not the buildings or tiles) but i was able to select the weapon plat in navigation and was able to do damage and finally kill it, even though the bullets just seemed to hit air. The exploding plat was visible.

During the last moments that i was shooting at the weapon plat an enemy player jumped in(cant remember who though) and after the plat died i started shooting at him. After a while i was confused as to why he wasnt shooting back but just sort of dogfighting with me, about now i notice my front armor has taken a beating and i keep getting damage on various sides so i realise that he actually is shooting at me but i just cant see it.

Later i had to run because thats just how great UGTO are and i couldnt really dodge any bullets or torps since they werent visible to me, commented that during the whole fight i couldnt see his bullets and thought it was strange since thats the first time anything like that happend.

Shortly after an enemy transport came and we started "fighting", i couldnt see any bullets or lasers and after running away he commented that he couldnt see my bullets, so he also had the same problem as me.

***Read this***
After that i changed UDP to off, rejoined and had no problems with invisible bullets but instead on and off desync/no updates from server as usual. While building a planet a seemingly never ending desync came and while trying things i "think" can help(moving from orbit just to orbit again pressing F2 and selecting players, ai or planets) one of those ideas hit me, could Alt + Tab help?

About 2 sec later i was back in game and the desync was gone for now. Every time a desync started it was solved or updated as soon as i Alt + Tabbed out and back in again. Sometimes it only updated, like if someone has said anything in chat or i tried to build something i could see that i was now building or what they said, not always was the desync over and i had to Tab out and in again to keep updated.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-27 19:47   
Quote:

On 2010-09-27 19:28, Vice Admiral Josh Knight wrote:
I never lag, and i can assure you most of you have better comps than me. It has to be your networks, or something on your side, as i get no lag from DS at all.

its not my connection cause i could play a week ago at max graphics with no problems till now. And as added proof its not my connaction when i do a trace route I have a 32.1 ms time and 2% packet loss which from me going from ND to Cal is very good
[ This Message was edited by: soulless *TO* on 2010-09-27 20:46 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-09-28 02:05   
Jbud people aren't crying about the desynce or lag we are simply stateing that we have problems and r asking for hlp.So y cant u b constructive instead of bashing people's cpus. Died~1000~Deaths[+R]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-28 02:53   

We're all speculating on what's the issue here.
Graphics, ISPs, sucky computers, etc etc.

Many ppl who were able to play the game fine a month back are now having issues after the update. So it could be due to any of the factors mentioned above, or it may not.

Personally, I don't think it's our "sucky" ISPs or bad network connections, because those things tend to be persistent. If your playing experience with DS was fine just before the patch, and suck now (but is still fine with other games) then chances are, it's not your connection or ISP at all. Let's just be upfront about it.

Thing is, probably only the devs know what's really going wrong.
(And we all know there's something definitely wrong)

So it would be nice to just tell the community:

- What the real issue is, or may be (And I hope that they do know what the issue really is)
- How to workaround it for the moment (F has mentioned, disable UDP)
- And roughly when there'll be a fix for it

So we can save on new QQ threads about lag and desync once and for all.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-28 04:49   
If it was that easy to pinpoint and fix, we'd have done it already.

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-28 09:15   
how about you people that have problems post your system specs, then we can move on and find out if it is system related.

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-28 09:50   
It's a situation rather than a particular spec that might be causing this. For all we know part of our traffic is being SPI'd (inspected) by ISP's, or customers routers do not handle UDP traffic well. Many factors to incorperate, and many things to look at.

We pushed a hotfix lastnight to reduce the frequency of the replication happening, so that should help bandwidth in some cases. You might find that under condictions of high connection congestion you'll be doing damage to someone and then their hull might shoot up by a few percentage. This is your client thinking its hit the player, doing damage, but on the server you've missed them by a slither, or some other factor, and done no damage (or damaged a different arc).

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-28 19:20   
i can only "speculate" being unexperienced with tech, but maybe using a unique graphics engine, and suddenly using more demanding graphics settings/features could cause some problems

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-28 19:36   
Quote:

On 2010-09-28 19:20, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
i can only "speculate" being unexperienced with tech, but maybe using a unique graphics engine, and suddenly using more demanding graphics settings/features could cause some problems

No, this is not the case at all. The rendering pipeline has nothing to do with (and cannot touch) the network layer of the engine. They are two completely seperate modules of the engine. It's like stating changing a car radio makes the car go slower - they do two completely different things and are completely unrelated.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025312 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR