No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +15.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » NEW ENERGY DRAIN
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author NEW ENERGY DRAIN
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-29 03:18   
End of the world? No. But sure would be nice to be able to manuver a ship AND fire, since for 15 secs minimum your a target, but your energy only lasts for 10.

Oh. And leave energy for cloaking.

Oh, and running away too lol.

In a Mandy its not hit and run, its hit and flee.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-29 05:57   
Quote:

On 2010-09-29 03:18, Azreal wrote:
... for 15 secs minimum your a target, but your energy only lasts for 10.

If you think carefully about this, it may possibly have been intentional.

It takes cloak from "hahaha, I'm only vulnerable when I'm horribly killing people" to "Hmm, I should probably only decloak when I'm not going to get killed."

Bear in mind that virtually all K'luth weapons do more base damage than their human counterparts, including their cannons, which allows them to do a lot more damage in those ten seconds than an equivalent human ship can do in fifteen.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-29 06:07   
Quote:

End of the world? No. But sure would be nice to be able to manuver a ship AND fire, since for 15 secs minimum your a target, but your energy only lasts for 10.

Oh. And leave energy for cloaking.

Oh, and running away too lol.

In a Mandy its not hit and run, its hit and flee.

Don't fight alone. Don't spacebar mash. Use your damage wisely.

When you stop trying to fly Dreadnaughts like Destroyers, and when you use them with skill instead of thoughtless fingerpressing of a single button, then you won't die.

I like the change. It means you can't keep going full speed spamming spacebar away, or cloak after spamming spacebar away and just keep going full speed. I would like you to meet my friend risk.

And before you go ohololol UGTO/ICC are unaffected, they are. Good luck trying to spacebar mash into oblivion on those factions too.

I really do hope its intentional - it might cut down on Dreadnaughts because then people who can't use them wisely will just wind up dead.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-29 06:38   
There's nothing wront with energy usage - we haven't changed it at all.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-29 16:25   
Quote:

On 2010-09-29 06:38, BackSlash wrote:

This I do believe. The Mandy has sucked for at least two years. You see plenty of vets in Siphons nowdays even more than Krills. But Mandy? That's a lollookatthenewshipforyourrank ship. Nobody that can fly anything serious bothers with a mandy.

And still hating on dreads? That's funny to me. Back to the "you shouldnt be able to fly the ships you earned and like to fly" garbage.

I have yet to find another game that feels the need to punish players for playing the game. And forgive me if I can't seem to figure out how the game is now supposed to be played. I see no evidence that the folks developing the game have a clue as to how that is supposed to work nowdays.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-29 21:51   
I think the new Kluth destroyers has less aux gen than human's, same class.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-29 22:00   
That's ok, if so. Just go 5 gu, and fire only 2 beams and no torps. Then jump away and cloak when you get in trouble. Do this enough and you may get a good 100 pres an hour for combat! Not bad, not bad.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-29 22:07   
The Mandi has always been a small ship killer. Even when I was flying one, I never never ever took on a Battle or EA Dread alone. Suicide. Well... maybe you can use it against the Missile and Carrier dread if you decloak on their tail.

Even against a full health Torp Cruiser, your chances are still iffy. It's good for killing Frigs and Dessies very quickly, and the damaged cruisers one on one. I give it about 30 secs and the game's up. Have to cloak and run while your energy level is still at 30.

It's a good backup to Siphons and Krills. But you shouldn't operate alone vs other heavies.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-09-29 22:08 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-02 21:50   
Quote:

On 2010-09-29 02:55, Saint Valentine wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-28 18:22, Borgie wrote:
also when flying luth dreds under cloak with ecm running you can only fky 12.5 gu. anything faster and your draining your power.

Considering your max speed is 15gu/sec, this isn't the end of the world.

-Ent

not saying it is the end of the world nearly pointing it out for the other luth uses who are having power issues.

Email Borgie
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-02 21:56   
Quote:

i find it hard to believe. i noticed after that that last small update my krill has been losing power alot faster then it did before the update. i have seen after firing just my SI that my power is down to about 130/175. to do sustained damage on a enemy ship now i have to burn through those power pills at 250 credits really fast. hell i have to use em now at cloak too just to get away from ships since even flying 13.0 gu at cloak and i still lose power.

also reguarding the mandi with power loss, you get maybe 1 to 2 full space bar mashes before you have no power. but that ship is well a pretty bad ship in general.

Email Borgie
OneBoredSith
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-02 22:32   
Same opinion as Borgie, at this Monday 27th GMT my Siphon had no significant worries on energy consumption when alpha-ing, after that when I started my DS client it had a minor update(4-5 mins ish ) and when i played in the MV with the same Siphon( with same enhancements) and begin hunting, i noticed that my energy drain was X2 or X2.5 more than Monday after that minor update when alpha-ing(This is on Tuesday 28th).

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-03 00:38   
Quote:

On 2010-09-29 05:57, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

... for 15 secs minimum your a target, but your energy only lasts for 10.

If you think carefully about this, it may possibly have been intentional.

It takes cloak from "hahaha, I'm only vulnerable when I'm horribly killing people" to "Hmm, I should probably only decloak when I'm not going to get killed."

Bear in mind that virtually all K'luth weapons do more base damage than their human counterparts, including their cannons, which allows them to do a lot more damage in those ten seconds than an equivalent human ship can do in fifteen.

Basically I think the guys just wanna know if there was a change (nerf) after the patch. And if there was one, why was it done discreetly.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-03 01:11   
Quote:

You heard the man.

Anyway , i have to comment on mandy usage.

We know basicly everyship on DS is identical to their counter parts(except faction tech). So when it comes to dreads, you have so many weapons, where actually you can notice the difference between faction tech weapons and their energy drain. A battle dread can sustain the energy usage and fire more than a mandy. But a battle dread cant land same amount of DPS as mandy does on first 2 alpha. And someone with multix on mandy can wipe the armor and make a dread drop to 80% in afew seconds. But thats it for mandy. Now it is time to jump out for you.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-03 01:22   
yeah i am with kenny on this one (i think it a first XD)
[ This Message was edited by: *soulless *TO* on 2010-10-03 01:27 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-03 08:00   
you think thats bad try the icc AD or the EAD, listen guys stop crying everyone is hit by the power drain all ships have a Base vel, anything over that will cause you to lose power

for gods sake KNOW your ship Group weapons plan your attacks. stop acting like freaking noobs and blameing the devs for BS

kluth are OP always have been, if 2 or more kluth dreads group up you can take out a def enhanced station easy. stop flying dreads alone use smaller ships or something,

i am sick and tred of seeing posts like this.

if you are kluth and you are mad well boo hoo now you know how the other factions feel when you come out of noware and screw up the balence of a battle.

so clif notes: SHUT UP and LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025408 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR