Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Transport Reset
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Transport Reset
Tekriax
Fleet Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-10-02 14:17   
A few weeks ago I got a message that i was repeatingly capturing a planet by its automatic revolt system. This i admit to. When i got the message i immediatly stopped in fear because it said i could lose transport pres. A few days later, i was no longer able to use the assault cruiser. I looked at my profile and i had lost all tranport prestige. I posted this hoping a staff member might tell me if I was too late when i stopped. Thanks for reading
[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Techno7980 on 2010-10-02 14:38 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-10-02 18:30   
There is no 'too late'. If you exploit a system, then the case is put up for review. Based on the administration team's review of the case, they can subject you from anywhere between 25% of a certain stat, or 100% of all your stats.

Generally a first time offence will find you taking a stat hit of 25% if it's a one off, and minor.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-10-03 03:23   
I.along with several other vets have repeatedly told ppl to stop trying to cap certain planets because of the fact they auto revolt .theres no excuse for such activity and anyone who's VA or higher and says I didnt know...is full of it.but then again.no such thing as sabotage happening in MV either.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-03 05:57   

Srsly. It's time to get rid of these auto revolt planets.
Even I don't which of them they are.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-10-03 07:17   
Quote:

On 2010-10-03 05:57, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Even I don't which of them they are.

Every AI faction has a quota of planets in servers other than home. When the number of planets falls below it, the most recently lost planet revolts to the AI faction. Just so you know-
Sag - 1 pirate, 1 MI
Rogens - 3 pirate
Procyon - 3 MI (but they glass everything there, so not like it actually matters)
Ursa minor - No quotas
Home servers - No quotas

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-03 10:43   
hm i just capp a planet and when it revolt itll be a auto-revolt planet and ill go to another one
didnt know there is a quota... always thought some of the planets are juatst bugged

some times they auto-revolt although there are plenty other planets left

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-10-03 13:02   
Quote:

On 2010-10-03 07:17, Big Cannon wrote:

Every AI faction has a quota of planets in servers other than home. When the number of planets falls below it, the most recently lost planet revolts to the AI faction. Just so you know-
Sag - 1 pirate, 1 MI
Rogens - 3 pirate
Procyon - 3 MI (but they glass everything there, so not like it actually matters)
Ursa minor - No quotas
Home servers - No quotas

It's not so much the most recently captured one, at least for the Pirates, if it drops below the limit the one closest to their homegate will revolt so they'll basically always have the same few core planets (Euphartova in Sag, Cuzto/Canthos/Enoal in RR) It's possible to take their home planet(s) if they manage to capture one somewhere else, but if that one gets retaken then their home will revolt.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-03 16:53   
History repeats itself, a "rule" will always be difficult to import in a game like this. Some will find a way to bend the rule and some like this case are total unaware of it. Same with safe zones and all other strange rules ppl have com up in the time of darkspace.

To talk about a rule is stupid when you can just rewrite some game code and make those planet impossible to capture.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-10-03 17:32   
Scum needs to get cleaned now and then.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Talar
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-07 03:55   
I think it would be better to script an alg that would randomly revolt a planet in all of the mv every few hours. this would include all teams.

so 1 hour it might be kluth 6 hours later it would be a random ugto planet, in anotjher 6 hours a random icc, kluth or ugie planet etc.

that way its not the same planet over and over, and keeps people on their toes.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-07 05:56   
not randomly. thatd be retarded.
picture a massive fight for fargo... BAM revolt. defenders get screwed.

perhaps if a planet hits medium a few structures will eb bombed "warning terrorists have attacked Bakube" possibly sending the planet into a spiral if left unchecked.

coz most of the time it wont revolt untill bombed by players...which doesnt happen much.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-10-07 06:28   
Quote:

On 2010-10-03 13:02, Grumpy Old Man wrote:
It's not so much the most recently captured one, at least for the Pirates, if it drops below the limit the one closest to their homegate will revolt so they'll basically always have the same few core planets.

Thats not true. I have myself witnessed the Pirates having control of the entire polaris system, and the lumar system controlled by UGTO. It happened many months ago, possibly when Darkspace was still subscription based.

You have joined only a few months ago. I suggest you look around carefully and be sure of it before claiming something. I can tell you I have full faith in my statement, as do many others.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-10-07 08:39   
Perhaps you should go back and read the rest of the post you only quoted half of. But for your benefit I'll elaborate on it since you apparently missed the rest of it.

Yes, it's possible to control "home" planets if they capture other planets elsewhere, because they then have over their minimum number of planets. I purposely let the Pirates capture Cydex and Violet in Lacaille, and Lancelot in Polaris so me and a friend could capture Canthos, Enoal, and Pyrithia and have all 4 systems in RR green for a screenshot. It's not hard to manipulate which planets the AI factions have, but it's rather pointless because someone will invariably capture all of them, which will cause their core planets to revolt.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2010-10-07 11:51   
Quote:

Yes, it's possible to control "home" planets if they capture other planets elsewhere.
It's rather pointless because someone will invariably capture all of them, which will cause their core planets to revolt.

Apparently, YOU missed my point. In truth, by the game system, there is NO home planet for AI.
I don't want to flame, but I will need to should the point remain unclarified.

Going by your example, the planets under control of pirates (Cydex, as you quoted) will autorevolt EVERYTIME, given the following conditions :-

1) 3, and ONLY 3 planets were under pirate control before Cydex was captured.
    2) Pirates did not capture a new planet before Cydex passes the 1-minute autorevolt timer (I may be wrong here, revolts may take different time, but I'll assume it is 1 minute).

Those who are used to problem-analysis, law studies or atleast detective novels can make out the various conditions where the autorevolt works, via combination of the requirements.

Summary : A planet revolts if it was controlled by faction X, captured by enemies and the planet count of faction X falls and stays below the quota.

Developer's words requested should clarification proves inefficient or insufficient.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-10-07 12:02   
Changing the autorevolt system is on the to-do list, courtesy of me.

It seems to be intent on revolting the planet it lost most recently when the check occurs to ensure that there's a place for NPCs to spawn from. Current solutions include making the last planet uncapturable, or selecting a heavily-defended planet to revolt, possibly one belonging to the faction that captured the NPC planet.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025441 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR