Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » what is your.....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author what is your.....
ThePile
Vice Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2010-10-13 13:07   
Me and Botji usually fly around in our scouts and hunt dreads.

Basically we try to annoy as many dreads as we can - but we got really good at tracking ships down when they E-jumped to get away, or when they did ordinary jumps to planet as such.

This was of course to continue hunting our prey! (This was when we played ICC alot)

One day we took part in a major battle and we noticed one of the dreads were severly damaged and jumped off.

Botji went in full pursuit but miss-jumped - but it was far enough for him to pick the dread up on the map and hence - I could see him as well.

I jumped in and started firing - Botji joined and managed to fire a few shots and

--> ! ! BOOM ! ! <--

The entire dread went up in flames - scoring the kill to me for taking the last shot.

It was a glorious day to be two scouts hunting dreads ;D

So we are since that day proud to be TICKS!

Btw:

Epic /RAGE followed from the dread player with an accompanying epic /RAGEQUIT

[ This Message was edited by: ThePile on 2010-10-13 13:13 ]

buggy123
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-13 13:52   
wow 2 scouts blew up a dread! i would rage too if that happened but how did you do it? scout weapons cant even scratch a dread.
[ This Message was edited by: buggy123 on 2010-10-13 21:21 ]

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-13 15:15   
Being alone on a high pop server.

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

Fatal Forever
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-13 15:27   
Quote:

On 2010-10-13 13:52, buggy123 wrote:
wow 2 scouts blew up a dread! i would rage too if that happened but how did you do it? scout weapons cant even scratch a dread.
[ This Message was edited by: buggy123 on 2010-10-13 13:53 ]

LOL?

Email Fatal Forever
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-10-13 16:49   
Quote:

On 2010-10-13 13:52, buggy123 wrote:
[ This Message was edited by: buggy123 on 2010-10-13 13:53 ]

Thats whats said but it is posible to do

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-13 18:04   
Coolest thing:
I suppose one that I can remember for me would be the completely unnecessary SD of a station. ICC support station/line station (cant fully remember which) managed to WH away while badly damaged. So I, at near full health, jumped straight ontop of the ICC station and self destructed. Killing both the ICC station and the small support fleet near it.

It was soo random and unexpected that the entire fight suddenly stopped. People just stopped shooting and marvelled.

- OR -

Back when you could modify your ships. I decided to change a Missile destroyer and Missile Dreadnaught into pure 100% torpedoes. Hostiles would jump in and get close, sitting there on the side of the ship confident that they would win only to witness pure torp lols first hand.

Favourate moment:
Back when a full game update came in which added new planets to each system. The entire MV was up for grabs and the following 3 days included 20 v 20 fights and many 3 way faction wars over small clusters of barren planets. Just watching 15 dreads each side smash into each other over and over with decent evenly sided battles/tactics.

[ This Message was edited by: Okkam's Razor @RAGE on 2010-10-13 18:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Okkam's Razor @RAGE on 2010-10-13 18:09 ]

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-10-13 18:55   
The best moment i had in DS was when i could spawn any ship on any SY planet without worrying about resoures ............ EPIC

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-10-14 01:39   
My favorite moment I saw...

I was new to the game and could only get a suppy... It was one of the "Battles of Nicea". I was on ICC and was following Fatal Command (whom whent by a different name at the time) in his Station. I was actually hiding behind him (his suggestion) as there were approx. 14-16 stations, 20 dreads, a dozen or so cruisers and bunches of dessies and support craft flinging anything and everything at each other at max range...

I remember watching missles, pcannons, railguns, fighters, you name it flung between the two sides. Every once in awhile someone would run out to get within max torp range just to watch them get vaporized in less than 30 seconds from the concentrated fire of an entire faction. It was the most awe inspiring battle I have yet seen in my 8+ years here (this was on my first account which was lost to me forgetting my password and getting a moving to a new base with new email server.) It was truly epic!

The best event in DS I created myself out of neccesity when it was a regular habit for ICC to be bombed back to the stone age by both UGTO and Kluth. I was one of the founding group in Fatal Squadron when I came up with the DSST or Deep Space Strike Team. 12 ships, with 12 oddball players went on a rampage and glassed all of Sol, and the connecting systems before going to Sag Hotha and doing the same thing.

Ships Used:

3 Jump Cruisers (when they had WH's and PCM's damaged planets too!)
2 Heavy Sups
1 Missile Cruiser (FIre Support)
1 Assualt Cruiser (when it was actualy worth something)
5 Sensor Frigates (with 5 ECM each, when ship ECM was actually worth something.)

We would use the WH to bypass the JG (when Wh could take to from system to system in a Station or could do chain WH's in JC's) then set the frigates in a string from the launch point to the target planet with shields off. Two Sensor Frigates would sit 250-500 gu from the planet and the other 3 in a line to the launch point. If you got the Jump Cruisers sitting right you could spam PCM's at a planet and the missiles would go all the way to the planet undetected and impact the planet without setting off the Def Base PD's. Glassed all of Sol in 2 hours this way. We saved Earth for last and by the time our first missiles hit we had 12-18 uggies looking high and low for us doing random short jumps to try to find us.

They never did and to this day only those that were on the team knew how nerve-racking and wonderful it was to see this happen. The absolutly most intense action I had been in ever since.

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Bad Furry
Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-14 12:03   
my best day in DS was me and a trans port ship and a krill on 3 plants vsing 14 red players that was trying to take the plants over
this was back when i was just trying out the claw and BOY DID I LOVE IT !
.... o and we won (^*_-^)____\__/

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-14 15:17   

Another good moment for me.

Attacking a bunch of closely spaced UGTO supply plats around a planet. Decloaked my Scarab right in the middle of the plat group directly under one of the supp plats and began laying mines as I moved out. Those were 8 x AWM mines, BTW.

There were 2 player heavy suppies there repping up, while the rest of the Uggie dreads were 3000 gus away attacking a planet.

As I cleared the last mine, I accelerated and then manually detonated them.

This was the result.

I destroyed 5 plats, and fraticide did the rest... taking out 2 of the ships with it.

Beautiful

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-10-14 17:04   
That was beautiful Kenny, reminds me of a fleet of 14 ships (Missile Frigates, Sensor Frigates, and 1 MD) that had to all target one shroom just to damage it faster than a depot planet+ supply plat cluster (there were around 12 of them all in one spot) could repair it. Shroom finally blew up and the chain reaction of exploding platforms was a sight to behold.
[ This Message was edited by: Grumpy Old Man on 2010-10-14 17:05 ]

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-14 18:31   
when ma and these men toke over earth. We are ICC

The Admirals of the Battle for sol

Black Templar:Grand Admiral
Chance Wilson:1st Rear Admiral
Gauthus: 1st Rear Admiral
Varrn :Vice Admiral
Jetstream :not sure
Vacicny.:Vice Admiral

[ This Message was edited by: 1st Rear Admiral Chance Wilson on 2010-10-14 18:32 ]

Email Admiral C. Wilson
justin94
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-14 19:40   
When I first joined about 6 months ago (I can tell that it's been easier for me to gain pres than some) I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but it was the most fun I've had in my life. The graphics were breathtaking to my noobish eyes!
But I digress.
I was in a scout and someone told me to dock with a planet to change ships. So I flew to the closest planet, and headed straight for it. I got closer, and closer, and then Poof! I saw my beautiful scout fall to pieces upon hitting the surface of the planet in a beautiful diplay of shock waves, flames and explosion. I learned an improtant lesson. You explode when you hit things.
2 minutes later I was back with a frigate. I saw this tiny speck on the horizon, and I'm like "Ha! I have a frigate now! Nothing can stop me, especially that tiny red scout over there!" I had no Idea what things looked like from 2k gu. So I jumped in, realised that it was not frigate at all, and go up in another beautiful explosion, with some k'luth beams mixed in. I tried about 10 times thinking I had to find a kluth's weakness, until I realised that killing this "Kenny" K'luth dread was not really a job that I was good at.
So I came back as a scout again (now I had a full garage) and decide to find out how to reair the thing. I found a supply planet (eventually), got repped, and then saw a dread come in. I remembered my bad episode with the planet previously, and decided that a moon-sized fully outfitted ship wouldn't be much different, so I veer sharply to one side and hit the planet that repped me 2 minutes ago.
Later I found out how to fire weapons, and the rest went a little smoother.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-14 21:09   
Quote:

On 2010-10-14 19:40, justin94 wrote:
So I jumped in, realised that it was not frigate at all, and go up in another beautiful explosion, with some k'luth beams mixed in. I tried about 10 times thinking I had to find a kluth's weakness, until I realised that killing this "Kenny" K'luth dread was not really a job that I was good at.

ROFL. Couldn't have been me. 6 months ago, all I was driving was Scarabs.

(Till today, the Scab is still my fav ship actually)

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-15 23:19   
great love them all.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR