No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » what is your.....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author what is your.....
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-16 04:34   
hm my best events...

shortly after ds became free2play where a major icc-fleet atacked a same size ugto-fleet
somehing like >30ships per side
was forced to play a dictor to keep the MDs safe 5 dreads tried to jump em but got killed before they even got into fireing-range
sugested dictor-pres because of that since i was nettet with zero pres =/

or the other day while i was "anoying" ugto-dread with my dessie
had to e-jump every now and then but stayed within 2000guto keep on playing with them
unfortunatly i had to quit for some reason (dont know why anymore) but kept 4 dreads distracted for 20 min or so

but the best was, when an entire ugto-fleet tried to kill my stealth-scout somewhere around paul
i started to fly a scout and shoot stations hugging paul because noone was online on icc side
nearly hulled a station when finaly the ugto woke up and 2 dreads jumped and killed me was out of ammo anyways
after my return those dreads were unable to kill me again and so they decided to switch to smaler ships and hunting me for about half an hour unable to to kill me (hulled 2supplys, killed 1scout and damaged 6 other ships when i ran out of ammo)

Botji
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-16 05:47   
Story telling time, yay!
I think the coolest thing i ever did was back in the beta days when i managed to find a resupply/rally point for the enemy fleet, there were a lot of players there, a few were damaged and getting repaired by supply ships but most were just grouping up there before starting a battle again.

Seeing how i had jumped in just a few hundred gu from them i knew i would not survive long enough to escape and a battle against what was almost the whole enemy team would be impossible, so i thought i would at least try to take someone with me, speeding up my destroyer i headed straight for the damaged dreads and the supply ships that were repairing them.

Just before this there had been an update that if i remember correctly would try to simulate so ships with a lot of explosives would have a bigger bang when they died, either way supplies were supposed to have a big bang since they carry loooaaaaads of torps and missiles for reloading.

Thinking that i would try this out and hoped i could take a dread with me in the explosion or die trying, i went straight for the supply ship instead of the dreads and after just a few salvos the supply ship went up in a white flash, followed by some smaller ships close by, the damaged dread closest to the supply exploded, took out the other damaged dread not far away from the first explosion... wich in turn killed the supply repairing it so another equal nice white flash blew up even more ships.

I think in total it was 3 or so supply ships that exploded in a chain reaction across the fleet wich think killed off almost everyone i there, i died in the first fireworks that went off so couldnt see the whole thing but the list of kills was very, very long and some even thought i was cheating because how else could i instantly kill so many?

After explaining what had happend it wasnt long before both teams started chucking supply ships at the other fleet, self destructing them and killing anyone not fast enough to jump far away. Didnt take all that long before supplies were fixed and the bonus damage nerfed or removed completly.

I miss that, not the super nova explosions that killed dreads but when it was a little dangerous to have a supply close by.. not like now when there is no problem taking a supply right into battle.

{Arcane|cat}
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-19 14:04   
lol ...

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-19 14:46   
Coolest thing:

Me flying through the sun without exploding (Not Dysnc or Lag)

Funnest Thing:

Telling a newb that the Red Diamonds are AI

Most Epic Thing:

Dysnc and flying through a sun

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-11-19 15:54   
massive:

double-pronged attack on kluth many versions ago. nearly 100 ICC ships and 30 UGTO ships attacking 2 kluth systems simultaneously. in 48 hours we had removed kluth from MV. i flew the entire thing in an extractor.

ridiculous:

myself in an AD and 5 other ships (2 cruisers, 2 dessies, 1 other guy) fly to Sol and capture callisto. We can see the UGTO gearing up to counter and their fleet is massive in comparison - something like 3 stations, 15 dreads, plus other support. i order everyone to lay a minefield in line with the stations jump to the side of the planet, expecting them to try and close jump and drop to retake the planet. we use depots on the planet to build a giant minefield (back when there was no cap on mines) and settle into orbit to get some repairs from the planet during the fight. all 3 stations hit the minefield, 2 of them dying instantly, the third one badly damaged. many of the dreads hit the minefield too. our 6 little ships managed to kill every one of their dreads, stations, and their dictor. we lost 1 cruiser, i got away with 1% hull.

personal best:

back when ICC was getting attacked daily by waves of UGTO and kluth and our best defense was a handful of ACs. i was flying an AC in cygnus as a fleet of EADs came in, it was me and maybe 5 other people. somehow i wound up alone in deep space, and took on and beat 6 consecutive attacks by single EADs. i had to leave because i ran out of ammo.

just sort of awesome:

1. in Nicea, after a giant flux of newbies. I was flying a bomber dread as was someone else, but most of ICC was frigates and dessies. the visual of a massive dreadnaught surrounded by this support fleet was really awesome. it was also really funny to have them all distract a fleet of dreads and stations while the 2 bombers glassed the planet UGTO were defending.

2. in Nicea, two massive UGTO and ICC fleets collide. it was really amazing to see all the ships enter the region, then the slow trails of missiles and fighters streaking towards another, followed a couple seconds later by a flurry of torpedoes and cannon fire as everyone got into range. we mostly stayed in 2 long firing lines while smaller ships fought it out between all the crossfire. two pieces of brute force smashing into one another, it was epic.

3. The ambush in lalande. Banshee screaming at some newbies to stay put in deep space while a couple stations and dreads baited a giant UGTO fleet to the planet... after 20 minutes of waiting UGTO take the bait, and do a very poor jump in that leads them strung out in a long line. we jump in with a fleet of ACs and dictors and decimate them, following it up by taking half their planets.
[ This Message was edited by: Lark (Retired) on 2010-11-19 15:56 ]

sparky43
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-19 18:49   
Yeah, I'm a n00b but wth. The coolest thing I've ever done was about a week ago. I was in a Missile Frigate sitting back about 3000 gu from a big fleet action with 6 or 7 dreads per side (UGTO vs K'luth) so here I am watching all this heavy metal beating each other to death and wishing I had a bigger ship when one of the K'luth dreads does an e-jump right into my range so I punch E and spacebar thinking I'm toast anyway so why not? And I did die......In the resulting explosion. It seems the dread waited just a little to long before getting away. He had no armor and 1% hull. Kaboom! That was awesome.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-19 21:48   
lol awsome

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-19 22:43   
Faovrite moment:
4 supplies and a crap load of other UGTO sitting under an Admin's station... and he SD's. Takes the entire fleet with him (some 18 players)

Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-20 00:57   
My favorite moment was stacking shrooms so much, my ship was taller than gas giants. And forming megatron...

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.022839 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR