- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » cloak
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author cloak
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-10-14 12:21   
i,m haveing problems with the cloak.not moveing 3ecm on 0.0 sig and get the crap beat out me by planets at 2k gu. have tried with no ecm same thing. my latency is fine can't figure this out. and has this been happening to ne1 else. Died~1000~Deaths[+R]™
[ This Message was edited by: Died~1000~Deaths[+R]™ on 2010-10-14 12:21 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-14 12:39   
Every time I've seen a station trying to cloak, it always took it something like 30-60 seconds to fully disappear and our last encounter was no different. Not sure why is it so (balance maybe).

A side note, AI reacts much better on pinged/cloaking targets than before since last patch or so.

BTW how did you just vanish into nothing in Cass? Looked like you just logged out.
[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2010-10-14 12:46 ]

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-10-14 13:07   
ya got MAD / rage cause i was getting pounded on while cloaked at 0 sig 2k from planet. so i said screw it i'll log.
btw how did u know i was gone if i was cloaked and u couldnt c me . i guess the same way the planet did.
[ This Message was edited by: Died~1000~Deaths[+R]™ on 2010-10-14 13:10 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-14 13:23   
Just as I said, it takes like half a minute for a station to fully cloak. You can only see it's armor rings and target diamond during that time. It's the same with all K'luth ships, the model goes invisible right after you hit cloak, but it takes some time for the diamond and rings to do so.

And it was simple to notice you are not around anymore - I atomatically pinged once you disappeared. The MC beside me was running ECCM all the time.
[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2010-10-14 14:58 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-14 15:42   
raging that your massive moon sized station is getting pounded by a planet......... kinda sound like what happened last time with MFs...... but thats just me

Email *FTL*Soulless
Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-14 17:03   
gerlach, that is only while the signature of the "cloakee" is above 0, once it hits 0 he will be "gone".

Cloak works like this -> station hits cloak and the sig starts dropping from whatever it was at lets just say 40 sumin. Once cloak reaches 0 you are no longer targetable, in the time it takes to get to 0 the enemy can freely fire away you can however not return fire (all energy is being fed into the cloak afterall).

Email Valerius{DK}
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-14 18:59   
Ok, I guess I'll be the one to point out that the guy isnt a nub who doesn't know how to cloak his ship, or understand signatures, or the basics on electronic warfare. He has a STATION.

I experience it a lot in just about any ship.

Stop trusting cloak.

It is your best bet. Best I have been able to figure is that even control +P can get lagged, and you don't have the udp or bps it says you do. A lot of times the planets and sometimes even players hit you with dead on shots for up to a twenty seconds - 1/2 min in a dread after it says you have cloaked. This is while watching my signature, seeing NO bumps, indicating that I have been pinged in any way, and well after cloak has brought me to zero. This has happened with and without stealth mods. With and without ecm, with and without enemy ships and ai ships.

So, basically, stop relying on cloak. It's a crackpot sick joke anyways. Look at as if it is nothing but a crapload of ecm, and you can still be painted and killed. You'll have less rage that way.

I hope.

That's what I've been telling myself for a few months now because of the same exact rage,

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-14 21:11   

Cloak can be bugged too actually.

The other day, I was completely cloaked and was still getting repeatedly hit at over 800 gus. Signature was a steady zero, but the QSTs kept coming in.

Bugged.

Had to jump out, SY'ed and relogged to fix it.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-15 01:55   
no i asked Jack about that once before and at times you may not be able to see your sig change from the pings

Email *FTL*Soulless
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-15 04:36   
Quote:

On 2010-10-15 01:55, *soulless *TO* wrote:
no i asked Jack about that once before and at times you may not be able to see your sig change from the pings

Yeah, but in my case it was obviously bugged.

2 stations could not possibly have that many ECCMs to sustain the amount of pings needed to track me continously for 3 minutes and shooting QSTs non stop at me.

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-15 10:21   
OK, I agree that there is a problem, I just wanted to point out everything looked just like any other fight with a K'luth station I had before.

In fact it's not just cloak. Hull, armor, shield, energy, speed, flight direction, ... can go out of synch and it does not matter which connection type you use. I'm just as angry when ECCM ping fails for example. Some of these problems occur quite often, some of them are rare and I bet there are no two clients that see exactly the same state of DS universe at any given time.

The server just never lets you know as much as it knows.

[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2010-10-15 10:22 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-15 12:21   
Quote:

On 2010-10-14 21:11, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Cloak can be bugged too actually.

The other day, I was completely cloaked and was still getting repeatedly hit at over 800 gus. Signature was a steady zero, but the QSTs kept coming in.

Bugged.

Had to jump out, SY'ed and relogged to fix it.

after a while i decided to join my mates and fly a krill. Interestingly happened the same to me. When i hit cloak , i was at 55% hull and 60% armor. When my sig reached to 0.0 i was at 49% hull 10% armor. Then enemy pawned me from 900 gu away each with perfect shot during 1 or 2 minutes??. I asked on TS server if i was cloaked, and for my mates yes I was.But apperantly not for the enemy.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-10-15 12:32   
We added flags on a few devices to the replication system (shields, cloak, drives and reactors), which should aid in giving more accurate readings and solve the issues with some people seeing/not seeing cloaked/uncloaked ships.

I'll see if I can get Faustus to release beta, as it's been stable for a while now.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-10-15 12:32 ]

Wild Cat
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-15 12:51   
It has been some time that I played K'luth and all, I recall that when the signature reading reads 0.0 your not fully cloaked and your fully cloaked when it reads -0.0

Is this still the case?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-10-15 13:19   
Animation timer can excede the signature reading (if cloak time is 10 seconds for example, and your sig hits 0 in 2 seconds, you'll still be uncloaked for 8 seconds ontop of that).

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031829 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR