Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author cloak
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-10-15 13:21   
Quote:

On 2010-10-15 12:51, Wild Cat wrote:
It has been some time that I played K'luth and all, I recall that when the signature reading reads 0.0 your not fully cloaked and your fully cloaked when it reads -0.0

Is this still the case?

You should be cloaked at 0.0, when you get pinged alot of the time u will actually see ur sig rise, tho not all the time.

However at least once a game and not always from passing through gates I seem to get told that my ship can be seen visually although it shows as completely cloaked and 0.0 on my screen

As Az said, it's completely untrustable. I have gone back to my 483 protocol of relogging every 15 minutes.

[ This Message was edited by: Sauur on 2010-10-15 13:26 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-10-15 14:25   
there are a lot of glitches with cloak right now. cloak has let me jump out of a dictor field, ive been able to jump while cloaked (and fire too but this doesnt do anything apparently), etc.

AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-15 14:29   
woah lark, when did you go luth?

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-10-15 19:32   
BackSlash

Ty for taking time with this issue i hope the new things work.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-15 23:44   
well if you go back to when pinging was first found it it was a glitch maybe the glitch is finally starting to mess stuff up

Botji
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-16 04:12   
Quote:

On 2010-10-15 10:21, Gerlach wrote:

*Snip* I'm just as angry when ECCM ping fails for example. Some of these problems occur quite often, some of them are rare and I bet there are no two clients that see exactly the same state of DS universe at any given time. *Snip*

Just had to say that this is the main reason i play luth and not ICC. Trying to deal with cloak when my ECCM ping have a 33% chance of success is crazy, so on average i have to ping 3 times before anything shows up -for me- and to make things worse when luth do show up its only a small window for like 0.3 sec, its almost if i blink il miss it.

Its impossible -for me- to ping and select a target, the time they show up does not allow it, even if i ping again holding the pointer over them i cant select them.. the square shows up but cant be selected and then its gone again.

Thats how it is for me.. i have noticed though that even if i dont see anything when i get a failed ping other players and AI seem to be able to spot them from my pings. Also when i questioned how people were able to select and fire at me(not blind fire) and other luth when pinging that according to some the square is actually visible for like 1-2 seconds!

Would be fun to know how others experience pings, if im one of a kind or if there is a wide scale of durations, for all i know everyone that thinks cloak is OK and balanced can see pinged luth for even longer than 2 sec :/

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-10-16 07:27   
FYI, cloak is not based on zero signature. All cloak is designed to do is compensate for the ships 'natural' signature, and the drive/reactor output, anything else takes a second for the cloak to react to. This was originally a bug, as cloak was meant to be absolute, but we thought it was a neat affect and left it as it was (so as to quell any feelings that we can't fix it).

Due to the way DarkSpace works, when someone else pings the cloak is already compensating for the ping that has occured. If you ping during this period, the likely hood of it having an effect on the ship is dramatically reduced, as it's already in the process or compensating.

Due to natural latency, this can be difficult to guage when you want to 'chain ping' a target. Your best bet is always to wait a few seconds then ping again.

And again to cover the original topic, the cloak animation has an absolute timer and is not based on signature. If you cloak and your sig hits 0 instantly, then you'll be harder to detect until your cloak is fully applied. You can see this effect on stations, and this is what the OP was experiencing.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-16 20:35   
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 07:27, BackSlash wrote:
FYI, cloak is not based on zero signature. All cloak is designed to do is compensate for the ships 'natural' signature, and the drive/reactor output, anything else takes a second for the cloak to react to. This was originally a bug, as cloak was meant to be absolute, but we thought it was a neat affect and left it as it was

We was robbed. Blackjacked, pickpocketed, carjacked and gimped. It was a slap to our face then, and many of us are still quite sore over it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-16 22:58   
i agree with az yall said useing glitches were agaist roc but people found this glitch with luth cloak now yall are saying that it was meant to be that way but whatever lol only a matter of time before the nerf cloaks to where they dont work at all

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011469 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR