No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Prestige loss for self-destruction
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Prestige loss for self-destruction
Julian Delphiki
Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-23 21:41   
Logging to avoid capture? I haven't played in a while, I admit, but last I remember it took 2 minutes to log and it took 2 minutes to capture... So once troops were unloaded, it wouldn't matter if you logged because the capture would happen before your ship disappeared...

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-23 22:03   
Quote:

If your dread is capable of carrying 4 inf, then you should be able to be boarded by 4 enemy inf, even if your hold is full of infs. Is that supposed to be a bug? Let the staff comment on this.

actully it was changed awhile back to make capping easier. it used to be you could only land 1 or 2 troops on a ship at any givien time.

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-24 00:42   
Quote:

On 2010-10-23 22:03, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

If your dread is capable of carrying 4 inf, then you should be able to be boarded by 4 enemy inf, even if your hold is full of infs. Is that supposed to be a bug? Let the staff comment on this.

actully it was changed awhile back to make capping easier. it used to be you could only land 1 or 2 troops on a ship at any givien time.

Is that right? So it isn't a bug as what Piotr claimed?
The number of enemy troops that can board you is equivalent to your hold capacity? i.e. 4 for most cruisers and dreads, 10 for trannies, 12 for stations.

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-10-24 09:14   
Quote:

Every faction has used a tranny to cap an enemy cruiser or dread at some point in the game. I've also witnessed other ICC and UGTO players use trannies to the same effect.

Example: Just a couple of weeks back, Flash actually jumped my dread with a tranny while i was engaging a cruiser. He jumped in about 200 away, and rushed my Siphon. I managed to Alpha him but he still got the drop on me.

What did I do? I didn't log like a cheap cowardly bastige.
I could have either SD'ed or tried to make it to a friendly planet. I chose the latter, almost made it to the planet, but I got capped.

No big deal. Didn't lose much in terms of stats.

The only diff between Kluth trannies and human trannies is that Kluth trannies can take you by surprise and decloak next to you, then jump away. In other words, they can get away with the deed.

Also, any enemy dread that you're engaging can also suddenly reverse his direction and get the drop on you.

The end result is the same. You still get boarded. So players can either SD, run for help.....

.... or in your case... log.

Don't pretend to be stupid.

The difference is a kluth trany can decloak on top of you. Not giving you a chance to defend yourself with weapons or manoeuvrability and nullifying all the pd defences ships have. More so it can jump out right away for the next batch of infantry without dying which you have severely abused that day by dropping on the same ships 2-3 times in a row.

All the things we don't have a defence for no matter what ships we fly. That's why I'd rather log then be caped by a cheap skill-less loser. Notice I've never done so in any other circumstances besides your case that day which can be proven by all the people that have played with me or against me everyday.

Quote:

As to whether it's against the ROC to use a tranny to board an enemy combatant.... let's let the mods/devs decide (though I really don't think so..)

Again don't pretend to be stupid.

The bug is about enemy infantry counting towards your own infantry limit.

If you drop 4 infantry on my ead, and I have no infantry left, inside an ugto fleet none of my teammates can drop infantry on me to save me. And knowing that you can drop 2-3 times on someone to be sure he has no infantry on him to abuse that bug.

I can't imagine how could you defend that bug. Friendly infantry counts towards your unit limit but enemy doesn't so my teammates can't help me in need ? Where's the logic in that. I would go even further where's the logic of a standard transporter ship being able to penetrate and infiltrate a 100% hull , 100% armor dreadnought. I would imagine a player with skills could abuse it even further considering trany has 12 infantry, just stay long enough on the tip of dreads tail till you can cloak again and drop on 3 more dreads in one session. Jump out for 12 , rise and repeat. Id defintly want to try that tactic and see how long can human player withstand it.

That's why when some nobody which I either haven't seen fly a combat ship or present any skill at all to even notice said player exists until now, uses cheap tactics and abuses bugs which we have no counter for I refuse to give him the benefits of it.

I have been playing this game for 8 years now . Loved flux,nukes,am mines,tractor, cl2k on kluth desys and Josef never managed to tractor me into a planet although he tried a couple of times. There was always a counter for each of these yet they have been nerfed to dumb the game down for the newbs of that age , vets of nowadays, which I personal regret and don't want it to happen yet again .

But even then infantry just did major system damage to all of your systems and there was no situation like nowadays when any nobody can grab a cheap trany and get on top of a top of the line ship with easy with undetected cloak
and get away with it alive by jumping away straight for another batch of inf in case once wasnt enough. And don't start me on our counters, eccm lights you up for 0.5 secs and even I'm not that good at manual targeting to hit ships smaller then crusiers.

Ps: I realise I'm harsh and not nice in this post but this just shows how much this thing irks me. I ignore random whinny threads 99% of time , it takes something to make me participate. I congratulate you on this

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-san on 2010-10-24 09:25 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-24 10:23   
Quote:

On 2010-10-24 09:14, Piotr-san wrote:

Don't pretend to be stupid.

The difference is a kluth trany can decloak on top of you. Not giving you a chance to defend yourself with weapons or manoeuvrability and nullifying all the pd defences ships have. More so it can jump out right away for the next batch of infantry without dying which you have severely abused that day by dropping on the same ships 2-3 times in a row.

All the things we don't have a defence for no matter what ships we fly. That's why I'd rather log then be caped by a cheap skill-less loser. Notice I've never done so in any other circumstances besides your case that day which can be proven by all the people that have played with me or against me everyday.

First of all. I could have retorted you with a flame fest. But since I'm in a rather good mood at the moment, I'll give you a civil answer instead.

A K'luth ANYTHING can decloak behind, on top, or in front of you and alpha, board, or raze you. Trannies are no different.

So let's not get overly dramatic. You say you've played this game for years? Then get over that fact.

Quote:

Again don't pretend to be stupid.

The bug is about enemy infantry counting towards your own infantry limit.

If you drop 4 infantry on my ead, and I have no infantry left, inside an ugto fleet none of my teammates can drop infantry on me to save me. And knowing that you can drop 2-3 times on someone to be sure he has no infantry on him to abuse that bug.

I can't imagine how could you defend that bug. Friendly infantry counts towards your unit limit but enemy doesn't so my teammates can't help me in need ? Where's the logic in that. I would go even further where's the logic of a standard transporter ship being able to penetrate and infiltrate a 100% hull , 100% armor dreadnought. I would imagine a player with skills could abuse it even further considering trany has 12 infantry, just stay long enough on the tip of dreads tail till you can cloak again and drop on 3 more dreads in one session. Jump out for 12 , rise and repeat. Id defintly want to try that tactic and see how long can human player withstand it.

That's why when some nobody which I either haven't seen fly a combat ship or present any skill at all to even notice said player exists until now, uses cheap tactics and abuses bugs which we have no counter for I refuse to give him the benefits of it.

I have been playing this game for 8 years now . Loved flux,nukes,am mines,tractor, cl2k on kluth desys and Josef never managed to tractor me into a planet although he tried a couple of times. There was always a counter for each of these yet they have been nerfed to dumb the game down for the newbs of that age , vets of nowadays, which I personal regret and don't want it to happen yet again .

But even then infantry just did major system damage to all of your systems and there was no situation like nowadays when any nobody can grab a cheap trany and get on top of a top of the line ship with easy with undetected cloak
and get away with it alive by jumping away straight for another batch of inf in case once wasnt enough. And don't start me on our counters, eccm lights you up for 0.5 secs and even I'm not that good at manual targeting to hit ships smaller then crusiers.
[/b]

Ps: I realise I'm harsh and not nice in this post but this just shows how much this thing irks me. I ignore random whinny threads 99% of time , it takes something to make me participate. I congratulate you on this

Next. No comments.

TBH, and my fleetmates in PB can verify. I've played this game for a few months, yes. And I may have made GA recently, yes.

But in all honesty, I have not payed much attention to the mechanics of this game, especially in planet building, bombing, supping, bla bla bla. I'm just here for the P2P ship combat. Anything beyond that is usually pedestrian to me. So you will forgive me if I tell you I'm not aware of that particular bug.

Besides, I needed the 25 caps for the Bronze privateer, and tranny rushing is the fastest way to do it legally. To me, logging from a game (not just DS... I've seen ppl do it in Jumpgate too) to escape death or etc... is cheap. That simple.

I honestly don't really care about what irks you. No offence intended, of course, since I don't know you other than being just another target on my screen. Nothing personal.

But you know, that's how the game goes eh? So get over it.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-10-24 18:23 ]

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-10-24 15:35   
Too bad this game just aint what it used to be. No offense to the game itself, it's better than ever.

It's the playerbase. Lacking. Yep, that's the word. It's too bad some of you new players couldn't have played the DS of years ago. At least there was some sportsmanship between players. Well, prolly for the best, cause DS had a reputation of a tight knit community that would put the run on those that abused the system.

Oh well, as Kenny said, the game goes on.

Cheers!

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-24 16:44   
cloaked trannies are just cheap....
yes cloak is a kluth feature but it makes the kluth tranny 1000 times better than human trannies.
cloaked trannies can ninja take planets, ninja take ships, with minimal effort. This plus its faster jd makes it the perfect tranny rusher.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-24 17:10   
Quote:

[/b]

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-san on 2010-10-24 09:25 ]

seems like once again you are complaing more about luth's cloak then ships being capped. i personally don;t see why so many people bitch about luth cloak. human ships have 2 major ways countering our cloak. beacons, and eccm. granted beacons can be countered by point defence. but really it falls down to how yall play the game. stations and EAD fleets are not always the right group for fighting luth. try using battle dreds, mixed with a scout or 2.

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-24 22:03   
Quote:

On 2010-10-24 16:44, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
cloaked trannies are just cheap....
yes cloak is a kluth feature but it makes the kluth tranny 1000 times better than human trannies.
cloaked trannies can ninja take planets, ninja take ships, with minimal effort. This plus its faster jd makes it the perfect tranny rusher.

You just have to deal with it, I guess. It's part of the game. Until the devs cave in to the QQ and make changes.

Kluth cloak tranny rush. UGTO shroom spam. ICC.... er.... IQQ.... whatever. It's just part of the game.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-10-24 22:05 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-25 15:06   
Something to consider:
- Infs are not always guarantee capture. The chance is about 50%. But SD ensures loss of durability.
- There is no injury to the group when someone is captured. Captured ship is an AI, and AI is easy to kill for prestige.
- SDing denies letting hunter gain Privateer point by capturing actual player. Hence everybody has to exploit capturing AI to get Bronze Privateer.

Personally, I prefer SD disabled when there is any red inf on ship.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-10-25 16:17   

It is true.. many times the first batch of inf never capture me so I just get more inf afterwards...

A station dropped 6 inf on my krill once and nothing happened but system damage but the BD that dropped the other 6 capped me... I dont SD ever enless I want to damage another ship nearby .... when I am fearful of getting capped i get to a friendly planet asap and get more inf or dock.....

I dont think its a cheap thing to do however its part of the game lol (as I hear said so much) so deal with it

**** one way to deal with it is to make SD take longer or disable it when boarded ****

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 18:21   
ill repeat it again:
realistically if you are boarded you will press that big red button
if i dropped troops on another ship and opened a communication link and said "Don't press the button!!! I need to show my superiors i can capture an enemy ship!!!" they would just press that button faster...

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 19:32   
in WW2. whenever a ship was abbadonned, they made sure the ship would sink nicely in the bottom to prevent the enemy to take and and ends uop being able to fix it, makign it a great ship to spy under your nose

only back then, when the shipw as board, there was no electrical trigger tomake the ship go bom,b the scuttle was hand made placed bobms, but im sure if there had a BOOm red button, they would use it if they knw they where about to lose the ship
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-25 22:12   
But DS is not WW2

PS requires privateer badge to fly GA ships. Therefore, players must train their capture skill. In theory, when protecting device fails to defend the ship from something, the act successes. In this case, accomplish landing a troop on a ship may lead to a chance to capture. Assuming all human players refuse to be captured, and no one builds platform, then the badge itself becomes a joke. PS put forward the Privateer badge, as consequence, they must make the AI for the player to get the badge. In such case, is privateer worth being prerequisite?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-25 23:04   
Quote:

On 2010-10-25 22:12, chlorophyll wrote:
In such case, is privateer worth being prerequisite?

Probably. Otherwise we could rename the game KrillSpace.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033656 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR