- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » resource creation and shipyard costs too restrictive
 Author resource creation and shipyard costs too restrictive
IANF
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-21 21:20   
a while ago there was an update where the planet spends the resources when it makes new ships.

well Darkspace thanks for killing the thrill of having 10 dreads vs 10 dreads

large battles seem to be a thing of the past, now sy don't mean insta cruisers or dessies even. i'm not syaing what you did was bad, i just think that mining needs to go faster. and there needs to be an unlockable ship that is essentialy a hvy extractor, that has MORE mining beams, deffence, offence, ect.

am i saying big battles are gone? no. but i'm saying they are becoming increasingly rare.

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2010-10-21 21:34 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-21 21:33   
There are ways to request changes, and ways to whine. You seem to have hit upon the latter, but I helped you out by changing your post to be more of the former.

The intent of the changes was to add greater value to the planets, since you need to manage your holdings a bit in order for your faction to be able to spawn the ships necessary to maintain their territory - its a loop that makes the game a bit less of a revolving ship spawning prestige machine. The idea wasn't to gimp anyone, just make people worry about more than just pew pewing.

Garage spawning helps with this to a point. But if planets are really a hueg limitation on play, we can look at resource generation speed and resource caps on planets, but keep in mind we also don't necessarily WANT to have only dreads flying around all the time...

Email Shigernafy
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-21 21:34   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 21:20, IANF wrote:
a while ago there was an update where the planet spends the resources when it makes new ships.

well Darkspace thanks for killing the thrill of having 10 dreads vs 10 dreads

large battles seem to be a thing of the past, now sy don't mean insta cruisers or dessies even. i'm not syaing what you did was bad, i just think that mining needs to go faster. and there needs to be an unlockable ship that is essentialy a hvy extractor, that has MORE mining beams, deffence, offence, ect.

am i saying big battles are gone? no. but i'm saying they are becoming increasingly rare.

Yes. That was a while back. And ppl have adapted.
Mining yields has also increased.

Have you even played the game yet?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-21 21:39   
the res cost is fine but the mining bug is a problem for that

Email *FTL*Soulless
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-21 22:45   
im perfectly fine with this new res thing.
i get annoyed when spawning that bomber will require me to mine alot, then scrap it when i need a different support ship

but the sadest part is many many people ragequited before compensations (bigger res hold, faster mining, better starports) were made

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-22 00:04   
If you want 10 v 10 dread fights. Come to the multiverse. There's always a dread fighting some thing, some where.

Scenario is for newbies and people wanting to work up their badges.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-22 03:57   
a sugestion to this (had been mentioned before i think) when you scrap a ship in sy, why not add those ressorces to the planet ?

this way, when you need another ship, you can use your current one as ressources
or when a sy-planet have massive amounts of ressorces, and another sy-planet need them, you can build a ship, fly it to the other planet an recycle it

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-22 05:28   
i wounder why ppl tend to cry instead of just make thing happen, get in an extractor and fix the problem instead of crying over it.

Reality Dysfunction
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-22 09:52   
Quote:

On 2010-10-22 00:04, Azure Prower wrote:
If you want 10 v 10 dread fights. Come to the multiverse. There's always a dread fighting some thing, some where.

Scenario is for newbies and people wanting to work up their badges.

Agreed... Big dread fights are common every night when I log on. Also in MV, if I have noticed a shortage of resources on a SY planet I just jump in a transport, visit a planet with 100k of resources and do a couple of trips. As for Scenario play, perhaps you should ask teammates to create some mining planets. Thats what I used to do.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-22 09:59   
This is no more limiting than it was when we had to have Darkmatter, or Cyrometals for ships, and only one planet with that type in a scenario. There have always been limitations to ship spamming, for obvious reasons. Planet yields have increased. Mining cargo has increased. I still prefer the older system to resource management, but this works just about as close as you can get to it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.019161 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR