No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Bombardment En Masse
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Bombardment En Masse
Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-24 16:25   
We have three separate but specific Factions, we're in the future, we adapt, grow, and prosper to better ourselves but how bout adapt to kill our enemies better ?

The standard Mirv is our standard Human bombardment method for getting rid of planetary structures and defenses.
The Neutron Bomb is our Secondary Human choice for killing off the population for speific reasons.
The Teleknetic Bomb is the standard Kluth bomb, equal to that of the Human Mirv.
The Bio Bomb is the Kluth equivalent to the Human Neutron bomb.

Our Factions differ on almost everything else though, by why not our methods of Bombardment ?

Here's where my Idea comes..

Being that Kluth use lasers for almost every Biotic and Abiotic thing, why not use it for leveling planets ? Similar to Glassing.

Planetary Assualt Distruptor: Name says all
Range: 0- 300 gu from planet( Yes, the Kluth has to be really close to use this but its effects are devastating.)
Best used while orbiting.
Limited to the Brood

UGTO is the balanced Human Faction, standard in every way, we have nothing special to look on or use(except our Lifesaving repair drones and Armor), so I look at the MIRV and think that it's not living up to its potential...

MIRV(multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle) and I qoute, "(MIRV) warhead is a collection of nuclear weapons carried on a single intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) or a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM). Using a MIRV warhead, a single launched missile can strike several targets, or fewer targets redundantly." Based off of Wikipedia.com

Instead of letting the MIRV hit only 1 building, why not muiltple ? Why not Muiltiple like its designed to ? Even though I suggest this, I wonder about the lag it might create when multiple Bombs pop up on the screen, especially when cloud bombing...
This might make MIRVs more lethal, and if this scare certain ppl, decrease the damage I guess..
Availability to Human factions(Or spefiically UGTO)

A new idea for ICC is kinda tricky, being that they are almost nerfed to extinction..

Ion Bomb: Very heavy payload, Cripple buildings to rubble, temporarily shuts down power in surrounding areas.(I'm not sure I'm overdoing it here but I want ICC to comment too.)

I'm up for new Ideas, suggestions and opinions but be easy

P.S.: No changes to the genocidal methods of the Bio/Neutron Bombs, not that I can think of...
[ This Message was edited by: Gin Ichimaru on 2010-10-24 16:27 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Gin Ichimaru on 2010-10-24 16:35 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-10-24 16:29   
A laser that from your description is indefensible is a terrible idea.
MiRVs used to function that way, it was horribly easy to nuke planets. Same with your ICC idea.

Hope this helps.

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-24 16:38   
Quote:

On 2010-10-24 16:29, 0x5f3759df wrote:
MiRVs used to function that way, it was horribly easy to nuke planets. Same with your ICC idea.

Hope this helps.

Ty, Perhaps increasing the power drain on the Laser user would make them easier targets,
Limit the amount of MIRVs launched,
And decrease the strength of the Ion bomb ?

Im just suggesting the idea, the Dev can nerf em however they feel is best...

And besides, the idea of a laser that kills planetary targets ? that would get some Traditional Lazer Luthies somethng to die for..
[ This Message was edited by: Gin Ichimaru on 2010-10-24 16:42 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-24 18:42   

Or we could simply keep the current bombs and rename them "nukes"

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-24 18:56   
MiRVs and Neutron Bombs are already both types of nukes, though.

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-24 19:17   
When it comes to the MIRVs, y name them that if they don't do wat they're designed to or name after ?

Anywho, give me more feedback, in the end, its YOUR voice that matters

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-24 19:45   
Lies, its Admin, and Mods voices that matters
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-24 22:09   
But some kid in grade school will just rig up his Atari Missle Command and pawn the missles.....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-10-24 23:13   
Ok, from my time as a bomber in this game this is how it works.

Mirvs and Tele's are, or at least were AoE bombs. It would hit a diamond (the target Diamond) and the brunt of the damage would be on the taret diamond then splash damage would efect the surounding diamonds.

I am not sure if this is still true but if it is this would go towards the theroy of Mirvs (ie multiple targets).

Bio's are like a Chemical Weapon while Nuetron Bombs use massive doses of radiation (possibly across multiple spectrums) to kill the population without damaging the buildings and such.

EMP (ion bombs) would be used to shut down power and tech since that is what they were designed for. EMP would leave buildings and population alive but no power and tech.

Now that's my take on bombs.

[ This Message was edited by: Rocko Willis on 2010-10-24 23:15 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 00:26   
i'll put $5 on icc, if anything even happens from this thread, getting the !^&!?#$?tiest of the 3.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 00:48   
lulzy...
if this idea is put forth icc would get bombs that can auto-deactivate sys, domes, gens, farms, and depos all in one hit...not to mention defense buildings...

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 01:29   
or they can just give us back the orginal damage the bombs did. just line up from the planet about 1 to 2k away start dropping keep ship over and just target planet right before impact turn and watch the planet go from 32 strut and inf to nothing!!!

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 10:57   
just thinking loud...

a warhead (mirv- & tk-bomb) that split into multiple ones would be nice

something like:
- bomb dropped at max 2k gu
- after bomb flew ~1000 gu, it split into multiple mini-bombs (each doing little damage themself)
-or-
- bomb dropped <1k gu
- bomb hit planet as single warhead, doing more damage than all of the mini-bombs together

numbers are not final

this way you can decide, if you want full damage, but vulnerable to pd or if you want to overwhelm the defenses with a massive cloud-bomb with less damage, but higher chance, that some bombs make it

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 14:58   
Gin... you are fantastic!

Glad you took time to actually have a look at the way the MIRVs are supposed to work... BUT (I didn't want to say this)... If we are supposed to be more advanced in the future... the MIRV Info you got would be from the past... so your Bombs are Invalid.

But splitting into multiple little bombs = Cool

One thing I want to know is that: If you are landing a Troop ship onto a planet... Wouldn't the troops on the planet start dying AS the ship landed? Unless said troop ship does not have any guns what so ever to protect it, because if we are so advanced why are we doing Hand-to-hand combat on the ground? Well thats what it looks like when you watch your troops battle other troops on said planet.

-Skulduggery Pleasant the Onlooker (Retired)

OneBoredSith
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 17:43   
Quote:

On 2010-10-24 16:38, Gin Ichimaru wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-24 16:29, 0x5f3759df wrote:

Hope this helps.

Ty, Perhaps increasing the power drain on the Laser user would make them easier targets,
Limit the amount of MIRVs launched,
And decrease the strength of the Ion bomb ?

Im just suggesting the idea, the Dev can nerf em however they feel is best...

And besides, the idea of a laser that kills planetary targets ? that would get some Traditional Lazer Luthies somethng to die for..
[ This Message was edited by: Gin Ichimaru on 2010-10-24 16:42 ]

Perhaps the beam require additional external power to fully glass everything on it e.g. In Star Trek Species 8472's planet busting Superlaser.
It would require 4-5 additional dreads to "donate" their full bar of energy to power the Superlaser or something.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029489 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR