- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Tiered Weapon
 Author Tiered Weapon
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 19:26   
Quote:

On 2010-10-25 17:31, The Evil God of the Fire Cloud wrote:
Perhaps restriction the max amount of dreads/ stations allowed in MV on each 7 servers i.e. only a maxium of 4 dreads /2 stations are allowed in Sagittarius server for each faction.
Or add an ingame kill count for ship requisition i.e. like in Modern Warfare 2, u get to use Support Powers from 3 consecutive kill (UAV) to 25 consecutive kill (Nuke)(kill count resets if killed, SD, planet collision or anything that involves ur ship blowing up).

This was posted by Evil god. on the "best solution to overpopulation of dreads and station is..." and since it wasn't on topic, and neither my following idea. i made a new one, so here it is...

This made me think of something. i once player on a game called Netrek, its a very low quality, 2d space game, that play multiplayer and you can guess, its a bit based on Star trek.

there is one thing i find amusing in that game is whenever you get 2 kills without dying, you could get an upgrade for your ship that will onyl last tile your ship is destroyed.

Now we could use a similar system. After say 2 kills, your alowed to Swap 1 of your modual to a higher tier. this woudl require for all modual to have a higher tier

Say a Frig goes to upgrade his PC to a tier 2 PC with his 2 kills (and didnt die) . The said single PC could maybe now, be stronger. give a redish effect instead of standart. Of course, the upgrad would be lost on the ships next death.

Thats not all, tha tSaid now tier 2 PC on that frig could go eve higher to tier 3.(max) for 5 more kills. giving it more power. and maybe another awesome effect.

The pooint is, everytime you kill, you Stack a point on the kill streak. the more ills you got, the more you can upgrade your moduals. If you die, Not only you lose your ships upgrades, but you also lose your Kill streak/points. and you gonna have to restart all over (this can suck if you have a BD full of tier 2 and 3 moduals

every modual should have higher tiers, this includes engines, ECCM, Cloack, Every single weapon. a Sheild gen. the Flux wave Etc

NOTE: Obviously, this adress to no current issue, and is only meant to enhance moddability for players and there ships. Of course the other issue takes priority. This is merely to have """CONSTRUCTIVE""" opinion/comments ((Yes this includes Mods and Admin too please))

PS: AI KILL SHOULDN"T COUNT TO AVOID AI FARMING!!!!
[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-10-25 20:04 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 19:53   
That would highly promote farming of AI and support class ships.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 20:03   
ok lol thanks space, i forgot to mention, AI kills wouldn't count towards that
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-10-25 20:06   
Ain't gonna happen. More variants most likely, not better 'tiered' weapons.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-25 20:56   

Tiering weaps? Hmm...

To me... removing weapons levelling (which is prolly the opposite of what you're suggesting) is the way to go. Then we'll have dessies with individual weapon mounts that do the same damage as those on dreads....

That will balance out the MV. You'll see more dessies and cruisers simply because they're faster and more manueverable, and each of their weapons do exactly the same damage as those on dreads and stations.

Then, replace most of the standard weap mounts (CL, Disruptors, PSIs, Rails, PCs) on dreads and stations with assault/heavy classes of the weapons. More Oomph per hit, but slower ROF.

Page created in 0.008661 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR