No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Buying & Exchanging in DS
 Author Buying & Exchanging in DS
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-28 14:56   
Hope this idea will make the game more interesting.

A) BADGES
We know that badges are required to fly ship and are automatically rewarded when player earns enough specific points. My ideas are:
  • Badges must be exchanged manually with the particular point: Bronze 100; Silver 300; Gold 600; Platinum 1000. When a badge is added to profile, player loses the exchanging points.
  • Badge has expiration. Each day, a badge will lose value depends on its colour: Bronze -1; Silver -2; Gold -3; Platinum -4. The starting value of each badge is equivalent to exchanging point.When a badge is expired, it's deleted from player's profile, so he must exchange again.
  • It's not prerequisite to collect the lower badge in order to get higher badge. One can exchange platinum badge directly when saving enough points.

In summary, a player must play in all fields frequently in order to fly ships.
Ship badge requirements needs edited. The highest badge varies from class: Station - Platinum; Dread - Gold; Cruiser - Silver; Destroyer - Bronze.

B) WEAPONS
1/ Level up
The ship itself starts with the basic weapons. You can level up them by exchange prestige to get advance weapons.
Basic weapons are:
  • Standard Cannons: Rail gun; Particle Cannon; PSI Cannon.
  • Normal Beams: Standard Chemical Laser; Chemical Beam Laser; Disruptor; Mining Beams; Tractor Beams.
  • Shortest range missles (of ship class).
  • Population bombs (kills population and infs only).
  • Mines.
  • Torpedoes.
  • Core weapons.
  • Default engines.
  • Assualt fighters.
  • Factional Device: Pulse Wave, Flux Wave, Cloak.
  • Electronic Warfare.
  • Shield, Standard Armor, Organic Armor.
  • Drones.
  • FTL device.
  • Never expire.

Advance weapons are:
  • Heavy Cannons.
  • Heavy beams.
  • Longer range missles (of ship class).
  • Planetary bombs (can destroy structures on planet).
  • Other engines.
  • Other fighters.
  • Auxiliary Shield Generator; Albative, Reflective armor; Chitinous Armor.
  • Worm hole.
  • Expire.

Just like badges, advance weapons requires an amount of prestige to exchange and their value is equal to exchaning prestige.

2/ Attach new weapons
New weapons can be bought by credits and attached on available slots on the ship.
New weapons are:
  • Special Cannons: Gauss Gun; EMP Cannon; Plasma Cannon.
  • Factional Beams: Pulse Beam; Flux Cannon; Elf Beam.
  • Has durability.

The durability minus after each death, just like curent enhancements.
Each ship has limited slots for new weapons. Depends on the slot location, the weapon has different shooting angle.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2010-10-30 08:36 ]

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-28 17:46   
i'm not really liking this idea....losing a badge after a few days doesn't seem right...also making weapons that we've always had...suddenly limited....nah

sorry chlorophyll but i give this a thumbs down

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-28 19:23   
I wounder whats up with the mentality about losing stuff in this game....is it realy that awfull?

Thoug this idea cinda extreme
[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2010-10-28 19:23 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-28 19:31   
so those who play casually or are forced (by real life situations) to not play much are being punished?
I'm sorry, your badge expired while you were doing your school projects and studying for that test. To use your Battle Dread you need to get 1000 points of engineering. Glkthxbye. Oh and you have to use the smaller engineer cuz like you got no engineering badge. And don't even ever dream of gold star, cuz if you do you will have to play every day to reach that dream.
this is basically saying go hardcore or get out of this game.

Buying weapons with prestige? So cms can go all the way back to GA with an uber undefeatable ship that can insta kill an "unboosted with pres" one?
And even if the top was an exaggeration this also says go hard core or get out.

Finally we get to buying old weapons with creds...
yes they "sponser" the game but this might end up game breaking....
not comparable to other games that milk cash cows but kinda pushing it.

Juichi
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-28 20:03   
I am sorry, but I have to disagree with your badges idea. According to other replies up there, it is, in fact, true. Many and many of us couldn't play this game whenever we want. We all have college-school works to finish before we are able to play. It will be sad if it happens and many players quit (My opinion). On another hand, I agree with your advancing weapons, but different prices exclude prestiges and badges. Perhaps a developer could develope an economy system to earn "money" exclude resources (It's too easy) to advance our weapons. Alternative way to advance is buy credits (Up to each player).

Therefore, it would be awesome if they agree to my "idea" of economy system. I could explain if a/an developer/admin agree with it.
[ This Message was edited by: Lobster on 2010-10-28 20:04 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Lobster on 2010-10-28 20:05 ]

Email Juichi
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 06:17   
If you don't like the idea, tell why you think it is unworkable - not that its bad, and certainly not that the poster is bad.

Email Shigernafy
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 09:18   
i will leave the game lol thats what will happen i tryyt o play as much as possible but i got work and then college is gona start soon so my time playing will go down dramatically if this happens there no way iill get anything done

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-10-29 11:22   
That would make the game pretty well unplayable for anyone who doesn't spend several hours a day doing unrewarding tasks like bombing, building, and supplying. Especially building since you have to glass an enemy planet first or spend a lot of time in scen, scrapping a planet to rebuild it gets you a net loss in build pres.

That and it would deduct from overall prestige, I doubt having someone drop a rank because they traded in points for a badge would go over very well.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-30 09:07   
This idea:
- Completely avoids rank - rank is meaningless. Instead, prestige - which you do everything to get, now have the CHANCE to use with reason.
- Raises the importance of ALL skills. Nobody can fly station thanks to pure combat prestige.
- Provides a new way to limit dreadspace and station spam.
- Provides another method to restrict launching new ship and dismiss destroyed one, rather than resouce on planet.
- Implies the need of playing regularly in order to archive everything in game. Destroys the fact one-month-to-get-best-ships.

Actually, this is typical idea applied on MMO in industry. Most of paid MMO function this way. I know DS is completely free, so I try to balance the idea to keep the spirit of free game.

I think the crucial part of the idea is to set the acceptable value of exchanging point, also the speed of earning point. If you lose 1 point per day, but you can earn 20 points per hour, then it's not difficult at all.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-30 13:12   
in most mmos i don't have to grind for 3 days if i miss 3 days of play time to use ships i could.
think like this:
sorry your mage can't use any skills untill you gather 10000000 herbs and 5000 mushrooms then go to this place to recharge since you haven't been on for a long time.
ESPECIALLY for people who can only play on weekends, the whole weekend will be trying to get back gold star, getting it, then not being able to play on weekdays.
If you took ANY game and said go hardcore or don't play at all, the population will at least drop by 1/2.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-30 15:45   
Quote:

On 2010-10-30 09:07, chlorophyll wrote:
This idea:
- Completely avoids rank - rank is meaningless. Instead, prestige - which you do everything to get, now have the CHANCE to use with reason.
- Raises the importance of ALL skills. Nobody can fly station thanks to pure combat prestige.
- Provides a new way to limit dreadspace and station spam.
- Provides another method to restrict launching new ship and dismiss destroyed one, rather than resouce on planet.
- Implies the need of playing regularly in order to archive everything in game. Destroys the fact one-month-to-get-best-ships.

Actually, this is typical idea applied on MMO in industry. Most of paid MMO function this way. I know DS is completely free, so I try to balance the idea to keep the spirit of free game.

I think the crucial part of the idea is to set the acceptable value of exchanging point, also the speed of earning point. If you lose 1 point per day, but you can earn 20 points per hour, then it's not difficult at all.

- Rank is just a milestone. Ultimately it's still about the pres

- You mean increased badge requirements for stations? Sure. Why not? They were meant to be rare anyway, but they're being spammed right now.

- Make small ships more powerful. Bring back the station killing Missile Frigates. Improve the dessies more. Reduce weapons levelling (better yet, eliminate it completely(

- Only way is to increase their resource costs.

- Can't see how to do this without making it costly to NOT play, and then losing playerbase. You have to try other ways to get there.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-01 11:14   
Space, perhaps you should calm down when considering about the pros and cons.

Let's have a look at expiration days for each badge:
  • Bronze: 100 (points) / 1 (minus points/day) = 100 days;
  • Silver: 300 (points) / 2 (minus points/day) = 150 days;
  • Gold: 600 (points) / 3 (minus points/day) = 200 days;
  • Platinum: 1000 (points) / 4 (minus points/day) = 250 days.

Assuming you can gain 20 points an hour; you afford to:
  • Buy Bronze badge after 5 hours and spend it for 2400 hours;
  • Buy Silver badge after 15 hours and spend it for 3600 hours;
  • Buy Gold badge after 30 hours and spend it for 4800 hours;
  • Buy Bronze badge after 50 hours and spend it for 6000 hours.

Imagine Badge requirements shall be like these:
  • Destroyers: maximum 1 basic silver (others bronze), 1 bronze special per ship.
  • Cruisers: maximum 1 basic gold (others silver), 1 silver special per ship.
  • Dreads: maximum 1 basic platinum, (others gold) 1 gold special per ship.
  • Stations: Support - maximum 1 special platinum per ship.
  • Basic badges: combat, construction, repair, bombing, navigation.
  • Special badges: privateer, scout, transport.

I think gaining enough points to get 5 basic platinums is easy. Remember, badge expires, skills points don't. Playing for a while then postpone for days still be able to fly stations. Frankly, who worth playing stations won't find any problem with gaining prestige and saving skills points.

Special badges should have another counting method. However, changing the way point added to profile shall make the problem simple.

After GA, prestige is no longer essential. With this idea, prestige is still and always crucial since everyone maintain upgrading weapons periodically. Suppose each class uses different weapons: heavy beams for des, heavy guns for dreads etc; and different class cost different prestige points. Clearly, everyone HAS reason to keep playing DS, even not so often.

As I stated above, the idea forces the player to think and decide what ships they should keep in garrage. Depends on time play, they may choose to store and upgrade destroyers and cruisers rather than dreads and stations. I'm assertive there shall be more various ships in DS than current.

Then what are planets role? Of course, to switch between weapons, you have to spend resource on them. To equip specific weapons, rare elements are prerequesite. As a sequence, capture a number of certain planets is more compulsory.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2010-11-01 11:16 ]

Page created in 0.022135 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR