No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Games too easy?2 weeks to be in the best ships?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Games too easy?2 weeks to be in the best ships?
PlasmaStorm
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 14:20   
Hello everyone.Havent been playing long enough to comment on overall balance issues,bugs,exploits or what is & isnt broken.I have seen a couple comments repeated several times though I do feel I can comment on.

Games too easy! I love how folks play a game for years,achieve the highest ranks & then fuss that it's easy...of course it is.You've played for years & achieved the highest ranks.You know all there is to know pretty much.How could it not be easy for you?These folks tend to forget the "for you" part of that.You have to realise that the games not just played by & for you,but plenty of others who dont know it near as well.By all means,suggestions to improve things or fix problems are great,but I dont see ramping up difficulty as a solution.
By way of personal example,I registered 10/10/10(19 days ago from today),& have roughly 26 hours logged( avg of 1.37hrs/day).I've read the manual,FAQ & numerous forum posts.I've watched several videos & yet I'm still working on picking up the basics,nevermind advanced strats,planet building or the like.I am enjoying myself greatly,but from my end the game seems pretty complex.

2 weeks to the best ships?Maybe I'm just missing something here or am unaware of some kind of "speed leveling" technique. I did some math & checked a random sampling of players & just dont see this.Starting with myself as an example;I've been in 19 days with 26 hours logged.At my current prestige,I'm averaging 109.49pres/hour;which is actually near the high end,out of several others of equivelant rank I checked.I'm a 2nd Rear Adm. & need to be Vice Adm, to get in my 1st dread for ICC or UGTO or Adm. for K'Luth.At my current rate I'll need another 67.52 hours logged for Vice or 161.05 for Admiral,or well over a month more of playing(with my hours),unless I just go nuts logging play time.In fact,I did come across an Admiral that started on 10/04/10,but this guys averaging 3.94 hours a day,& at that is still only sitting at 137.09 prest/hr..
Mind you,I'm not saying that there arent people who were flying dreads within a couple weeks.I am saying that it's probably a minority with lots of time to invest each day.
Furthermore;if someone does get a ship they dont know how to fly,I just dont see that has a huge problem.They either learn or provide easy prestige for others;win/win! lol If they are on your faction & cause problems with errors,then teach them or avoid them.That simple.

Hope this didnt come across as a rant.I'm honestly not upset,angry,raging or trying to start anything.Just trying to put forth what I at least see as a more balanced view of things.Thanks for your time(& patience if you actually read all this).

It's a slow day at work & this huge text gave me something to do also,

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-29 15:14   
I am not sure who you were asking, but I got my marshal status in about one and a half months... Personally I think that is much too fast even for the amount of time I put into the game over that time period (average 5 hours/day). Two weeks though? Maybe a month for most people to get GA.

PlasmaStorm
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 15:48   
Hi Incinarator.Not really asking anything.Just posting an opinion on comments I've seen basically.It's was looking to me like the ease of the game was getting a bit exaggerated by folks playing at the top end.Was just trying to get them to remember that the view can be a bit more daunting when you are starting out.
In regards to your comments on the time you spent playing,I suppose its a difference in perspective.I still view 2 or less hours avg. time a day gaming as more the "norm",but times do change & I may very well just be behind the times now.Also,if you start to get prestige much faster past a certain point,I wouldnt have taken that into account since I havent got to that point yet.Thanks for the comments though,just tossing my 2cents out there,you know.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-29 17:01   
Quote:

On 2010-10-29 14:20, PlasmaStorm wrote:
some large block of text

2 weeks to get maxed rank? i hardly doubt that. but over all pres gain is stupidly easy thru ship damage. but just becuase someone is flying a flashy dread doesn't mean they have the skill to fly it.

Email Borgie
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 17:09   
while ship damage was high, i disagree with people regularly ranking to best ships in 2 weeks. Yes, vets can do it but the are at the top of a learning CURVE, allowing for easy rank gaining. New players rarely rank this fast and if they do it is usually an alt or someone who had prior darkspace experience.

PlasmaStorm
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 17:39   
Yup,SpaceAdmiral.That was a part of my point(which i admit may have been lost in all the text). I see people tossing these statements around like they are scientific fact;when I'd say they reflect the exception,not the rule.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 18:09   
slow game = boring

fast game = better.

If you make it hard for people to get any upgrades they won't play.

Mint Ice Cream[+R]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-29 18:10   
plz remember that this game have nothing to do with ranks like those grinding RPG(higher lvl=stronger >.>) if u think this game is too easy go pvp and u will see.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-30 03:51   
Quote:

2 weeks to the best ships?

not possible, because there arent any "best ships"

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2010-10-30 05:21   
I have to say earning pres is very easy these days with little effort if thats what drives a player.
P.S im driven by the people that say i hate that guy

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-30 07:30   
Quote:

On 2010-10-30 03:51, NoBoDx wrote:
Quote:

2 weeks to the best ships?

not possible, because there arent any "best ships"

I disagree.

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-10-30 08:49   
You don't need 2 weeks to get the best ships because you start out using them. Sensor Corvette, Talon, Assault Corvette.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-30 19:08   
Wait....are we talking two DS weeks?

That would be an indefinate amount of time equal to or up to two years....

However...Your pres gain per hour is the suck that is the hole in your rank issue. When ranking, you must constantly be doing SOMETHING that gets pres. Raze enemy planets, bomb, beacon, build, combat, supply, supply, combat, bomb, raze, capture, engy, engy engy combat, supply, defend, beacon beacon, bomb build capture......

get the picture? This is easily done in the scenario. ore to do and same pres payoffs.

Now. The pres per hour? that's for wimps.

Wolves count pres in PPM (prestige per minute spent in game).

In combat, it's all about PPE (pres per engagement). This one, you generally always want to come out on top in.

I could care less, so I generally dont bother comparing anymore. But I AM the exception to the rules.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-30 21:08   
i can undetstand what your saying but, look us old foogies on here been playing since pre.483. me i have two accts, one made in 06, my other one was made in 04.

playing back then you have to understand it tooks us at least a year or more to get to admrinel. so before you go saying thing like "it is not easy" try playing when you had to be subbed for one, and playing with the best of the best with barely any pres gain compared to now to then say that this is not easy

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-30 21:21   
Quote:

On 2010-10-30 21:08, Nova Team wrote:
i can undetstand what your saying but, look us old foogies on here been playing since pre.483. me i have two accts, one made in 06, my other one was made in 04.

playing back then you have to understand it tooks us at least a year or more to get to admrinel. so before you go saying thing like "it is not easy" try playing when you had to be subbed for one, and playing with the best of the best with barely any pres gain compared to now to then say that this is not easy

if we could mod i'd take modding and slow ranks than no modding and fast ranks.
also alot of old people never mention things like bombing in 1.483...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022614 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR