No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Badge system idea
 Author Badge system idea
| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-30 16:42   
[------so this is the current situation------]

Player:"miss Metaverse (or whatever) ... i have killed many in my way to get the highest rank, to win a gold star and ive caped 25 ships to earn a brozne privateer ... i have all the requirements for a command station and i request one!!"
Metaverse:"you are right ... you worked hard for the badges and for the rank. you may have the command station *hands over the keys*

*next 1h*

Report: "player" has crashed/got killed his command station for over 10 times now ...

Metaverse:" regardless the destructions you still earn it ...

[-------how i think it should be-------]

if your getting killed all the time your badge should be taken away (your kills wouldnt restart jsut a (exapmle) another count would start with a red color and once you regain your badge it would disapear). the count how many times you lost and reEARNED your badge should be visable somewhere

------------------------------------------------------------
if you crash to many times in jumps your lose your navigator badge

if you kill/do FF to many friendlies you lose your combat badge

if you fly a supply ship for to long and dont repear much, 100repear per hour you lose your support badge
for being a lousy supplier

if you bomb a planet and you you fire bombs more than 100 times and fail at doing damage ... you lose a badge your bomber badge

if you load trops on a planet and lose over 32 units you loase your transport badge

if you build and your planets eather revolt or go into a huge power/food/nacho salad shortage you lose a engineer badge

if you load many units on a enemy ship and you fail you lose your privateer badge

the numbers are just examples ... so what do you think ?
[ This Message was edited by: | Dark Hiigaran {Stormblast} on 2010-10-30 16:46 ]

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-30 16:44   
idea inspired by Saint Valentine

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-30 16:44   
Quote:

On 2010-10-30 16:44, | Dark Hiigaran {Stormblast} wrote:
idea inspired by Saint Valentine

Yes. Well, aren't they all lately.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-30 17:59   
Quote:

if you crash to many times in jumps your lose your navigator badge

if you fly a supply ship for to long and dont repear much, 100repear per hour you lose your support badge

if you bomb a planet and you you fire bombs more than 100 times and fail at doing damage ... you lose a badge your bomber badge

if you load trops on a planet and lose over 32 units you loase your transport badge

if you build and your planets eather revolt or go into a huge power/food/nacho salad shortage you lose a engineer badge

if you load many units on a enemy ship and you fail you lose your privateer badge

[ This Message was edited by: | Dark Hiigaran {Stormblast} on 2010-10-30 16:46 ]

-if people crash in a jump it was an accident, and i don't think people will be happy about having to complete another 1000 jumps for an accident...

-so someone can purposely jump in your line of fire to take away your badge. great.

-so lets say you are alone, afk, running from enemies, or traveling in a suppy ship. Who to repair? No one, but sorry mate you lost your badge.

-so if planet pd blocks bombs you fail at bombing? great.

-so an enemy counter trannies your load, and you lose the badge. i don't think anyone will tranny again

-you can't control revolt....and how is the server gonna tell who built it? Also plagues will kill any and all engi badges

-again if enemy logs, gets inf, or sds you lose your priv badge

Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-30 18:13   
Quote:

On 2010-10-30 16:42, | Dark Hiigaran {Stormblast} wrote:

Idk bout the combat idea cause if ppl in my way, i say move plz and ur still in my way, ur gonna get shot, no questions asked its just that i wont kill u or try to...

The supply badge idea, that depends on how long that person is in the ship cause wat if they go afk, they still lose the badge ?

The bombing idea, u have to think about desync. Bombing isn't fixed fully

I definitely don't like the building idea cause it seems that a plague, or god knows wat DS secertly have in store for ur newly built planet is gonna happen, and if it cause it to revolt or do whatever, i dont want to lose my badge over things i know i can't control. I don't want to constantly attend to 1 planet either..

I can't say much abot the privateer idea cause ppl be unload 6 heavies on my dread and i still pull thru lol, and it be on those times that i dont carry any inf..

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-31 13:42   
A lot of this proposal is arbitrary. Not sure you fully understand the 'statistic->badge->ship requirement' relationship and the connotations of it.

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-31 13:56   
you are all missing my point ... the badge loses are jsut example of what was the frist thing that got in my mind ....

my point was you could EARN and unEARN badges

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Page created in 0.012620 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR