No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » MV Jumpgates
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author MV Jumpgates
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-10 17:17   
Quote:

On 2010-11-10 11:58, Invisible wrote:
Gate camping is NOT a problem let me tell you why... Make sure your JD is charged before going through the gate problems solved...Without the gates we will have alot less combat going why because that is a good combat area it a good tatical advantage to control a jumpgate...Gate Camping also is not against the RoC....Safe Zone camping is tho... but as MV gates dont have Safe zones this is a non issue....end of story

sorry but people with less high end computers won't have a chance to jump, unless you go in cloaked....
you will lag and die before you activate jd, i have a pretty fast comp and network and it still takes a while to load all objects and diamonds after i go through a gate

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-11-11 13:40   
as with 99% of what I post this will also probably be deleted but here goes anyway.

what is it about going AROUND jump gates that you people cant figure out??get an engy and a supply..or better yet a Command station full of resources and BUILD a path from 1 system to another.Gates can be camped without even being at them.TS and FS have killed many a ship using F2 and a dictor while 3-5 secs out from the gate.its not hard.and when gates were camped we went THE LONG WAY and took em by surprise from their own side of the gate and exited said camped gate when too damaged to stay.Get a frigging grip ppeople and stop your whining about the camping and figure out ways to use it to YOUR advantage.THATS what has ruined this game,ppl whining about the petty crap and getting things change til NO skill is needed and the fun is gone from the game.you wanted "pretty" effects,you got em.now the game is so laggy half the people I know wont stay for massive fights because they cant do squat.Now you want to make the MV smaller which will mean even more lag due to more objects in a smaller space.Great going.Soon MV will consist on 1 planet which is owned by MI patroled by pirates while you sit in select screen with nothing to select.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-11 14:06   
Quote:

On 2010-11-10 13:08, 3|Umf{StierKanz wrote:
says the luth!

This is an interesting concept. having both drives, to travel both in and out of systems with some what of ease. It would also give more of a starship feel with the isjd "charging" before thrusting you through space at un-imaginable speeds.

Yeah we were having a problem, the bottleneck of said gate was kinda of a sour note, as the "campers" were all high and mighty on their side, while we all attacked countless times. Unfortunatly they decided to stay on their side of the wall, and the fun deminished..

In conclusion: We should see how far we can take this, test it out, come up with a solid plan with details on rules/conditions if this were implemented.

The reason you dont get through the gate and without dieing is because you dont have the numbers... not because other ships are over there... if ur problem is lag... thats not a design flaw thats a flaw on YOUR end your computer...

Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-11 22:34   
as CO said, use some tactics,

back in 480, there was always some big gate camping battles, but instead of whineing about it, we would devise a tactic, like get a couple of supply ships, then get half the fleet set to long jump around the jump gate into the next system, useing the supply ships to refuel the long jumping fleet, when said fleet arrives in system and begins their attack from behind, the remaining fleet pours through the gate and attacks the enemy ships as they turn to engage the fleet that came in from behind, there ya go gate camp is busted,

3|Umf{StierKanz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-12 00:30   
Goodness! You all took me way to seriously.. and now this is starting to turn into a big rant. Anyway didn't mean to anger any of ya.

I was jokin, simply because i still have fun with this game regardless of the sillyness that ensues..
I wasn't tryin to whine about it, thats just childish and doesn't really solve anything.

Annnnnyway, when you think about space games, say like mass effect, they had only a few jump gates, while the rest of travel between systems was all with the jumpdrive engine. Implementing the intersellar/planetary drives would give it more of a realism effect..for me anyway.

When I think about it, jumping to and from systems, instead of just appearing through some gate the fleet going to attack say, would all drop of out sub-space warp and charge the attack.

Goto the website of 3|Umf{StierKanz
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-12 04:58   
Quote:

On 2010-11-11 13:40, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
as with 99% of what I post this will also probably be deleted but here goes anyway.

what is it about going AROUND jump gates that you people cant figure out??get an engy and a supply..or better yet a Command station full of resources and BUILD a path from 1 system to another.Gates can be camped without even being at them.TS and FS have killed many a ship using F2 and a dictor while 3-5 secs out from the gate.its not hard.and when gates were camped we went THE LONG WAY and took em by surprise from their own side of the gate and exited said camped gate when too damaged to stay.Get a frigging grip ppeople and stop your whining about the camping and figure out ways to use it to YOUR advantage.THATS what has ruined this game,ppl whining about the petty crap and getting things change til NO skill is needed and the fun is gone from the game.you wanted "pretty" effects,you got em.now the game is so laggy half the people I know wont stay for massive fights because they cant do squat.Now you want to make the MV smaller which will mean even more lag due to more objects in a smaller space.Great going.Soon MV will consist on 1 planet which is owned by MI patroled by pirates while you sit in select screen with nothing to select.

Why would I waste my time building plats ,. etc,.... .... ... . . . .?
My complaint is about the current gameplay style,. .... .. It has been weeks and weeks and weeks of gating shooting gating shooting gating shooting gating shoot...
It should be seen and an exploit,. because 1.- Player cannot be killed if he continuously gates
2. The rediculous amount of prestige players get (including myself!) from doing this.
Using gates as we do is playing the system... not the game. Thank god the devs give me god mode aye..

Now before y'all say "but u do it too",. We do it better.
Next post is gonna be a whine about Kluth defence enhancements......
Those who know ,. know,. those who don't stay out!

Reference first post,. NO jumpgates to the middle systems,. the centre of conflict.... I argue that once the enemy is in the system with the "homegate",. gate camping benifits should be available.

There is No need atall for extra drives imo.
Accurate wormholes and the centre systems being well withing jumping distances from eachother means no major coding changes should be needed.. really..

[ This Message was edited by: *Spartan Z* on 2010-11-12 05:05 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-12 06:20   
Wait, going thru a gate is an exploit in your eyes? Really?

Gates have been a part of MV long before now. Gates are a large part of MV travel still. Dont like the bottleneck that SOMETIMES arises in the MV? Well, we have a solution for you, sir. It's called the scenario server. No gates except where you spawn, no need for larger jump drives or massive game manipulation.

For the love of pete, would MV players please stop trying to turn the MV into scenario, and would scenario people please stop trying to turn scen into the MV? I mean, I know its a tough idea to grasp, that there are actually 2 games in ds, but yet there it is.

Remove jumpgates? Seriously? That's the best you have to offer?

and screw your reference to luth def enhancements, when UGTO can mod the same AND ADD SPECIALIZED ARMOR.

Man....this game and its players.....I need a new hobby.....
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-11-12 06:22 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-12 06:35   
If UGTO didn't station spam so much, maybe there would be less gate camping.

UGTO stations are the best stations in the game, you can't fight them directly in an even fight, so players look for other tactics to handle them. Gate camping is one of them.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-12 06:47   
Quote:

@ Borgie
-umm try to actually READ the post ENTIRELY before trolling?
-If you look at the interstellar jd closely, you will see it is very ill suited to combat escape or entry
-faster injump speed to avoid tracking negated by higher sig, allowing for around the same quality of tracking or better.
-energy hungry. they track you you're dead. Also makes this bad for combat entry
-longer cooldown + shared cooldown=no double jumps. plus this longer cool down again makes it ill suited to entering or exiting combat.
- 5-15 seconds of charging. Yup that will help me get an out of combat freecard. I mean i love charging while my hull is rapidly going down.
- No using devices while aligning or charging. For dreads thats around 5-30 seconds of doing nothing before jumping. For stations its around 5-45 seconds. That will absolutely not help anyone escape combat.

so let me get this right, you want a jump drive that will by pass gates, where people can camp?

Email Borgie
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-12 12:21   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 06:47, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

@ Borgie
-umm try to actually READ the post ENTIRELY before trolling?
-If you look at the interstellar jd closely, you will see it is very ill suited to combat escape or entry
-faster injump speed to avoid tracking negated by higher sig, allowing for around the same quality of tracking or better.
-energy hungry. they track you you're dead. Also makes this bad for combat entry
-longer cooldown + shared cooldown=no double jumps. plus this longer cool down again makes it ill suited to entering or exiting combat.
- 5-15 seconds of charging. Yup that will help me get an out of combat freecard. I mean i love charging while my hull is rapidly going down.
- No using devices while aligning or charging. For dreads thats around 5-30 seconds of doing nothing before jumping. For stations its around 5-45 seconds. That will absolutely not help anyone escape combat.

so let me get this right, you want a jump drive that will by pass gates, where people can camp?

actually, yes.
On the note of specialized armors, they aren't that useful with each faction having energy and kinetic weapons on one ship.
Luth: Beams(energy) Torps(kinetic) SIs(i think psi).
ICC: Beams(energy) Rails(kinetic) IC(kinetic) Torp(kinetic)

3|Umf{StierKanz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-12 14:24   
Good lord people! This is seriously turning into a straight bashing topic.
Would all the negative nancies try and stfu? Maybe come to terms that there are some with ideas about the game that may or may not be great implementations?

This is turning into a lot of drama with most of these posts.

Effin a guys, camping happens yes.. in any game there is some sort of camping. why don't we just stop attacking eachother with posts of degration and come to a conclusion on the topic from the beginning.

Byaaaah!

Goto the website of 3|Umf{StierKanz
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-12 18:11   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 06:20, Azreal wrote:

Remove jumpgates? Seriously? That's the best you have to offer?

No, rather modifying the metaverse. My idea with the current layout would be to have luyten and R33 not connected by gates,. so a little closer.,. would have worked better with the bigger map.
Or perhaps multiple jumpgates to the middle systems?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-12 22:19   
No double standards pls.

Either jumpgates remain, or eliminate them altogether in favor of Star Trek-like interstellar warp or jump drives with near unlimited range.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015804 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR