No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion Cloak building
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Suggestion Cloak building
Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-02 18:45   
The icc have a shield building that protects them from some types of bombs until the building is destroyed. as a suggestion i think kluth and UGTO should recieve comparable buildings. for kluth you could make a building to "cloak" all the other buildings on the planet (not including itself). cloaked buildings would all have a neutral (yellow) color and their name would be *Cloaked* or something to that effect.

If you want to destroy the buildings on the planet you can either use clues such as the eccm buildings make a wave and def buildings shoot and so on but any building that doesnt emit any outward signs would be the same as the rest and would require guessing to target what you want or you could destroy the cloaking device first and then go to town.

for ugto you could mabey do something involving interceptor fighters that shoot down bombs and they have a set respawn rate that cant be exeeded.

replies should include

- i like or i dont like

and/or

- thoughtful/constructive explanation

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-02 18:52   
The ICC Shield generator is terrible at best.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-02 18:54   
Quote:

On 2010-11-02 18:45, Scorched Soul[+R] wrote:
replies should include

- i like or i dont like

and/or

- thoughtful/constructive explanation

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-02 19:16   
-i like the concept of the cloak generator, but i don't like it if it cloaks enemy troops.
-i dislike ugto concept, interceptors are not capable of pd currently and thus will be floating around uselessly
-on the note of icc shield: at worst it is 20 energy gone. at best it makes a planet almost impossible to capture. How many times do i bring out a bomber cruiser to nuke the side of the planet, only to find it has a shield? How many times do we take ecm bomber frigs to find out they have those planets have shields? Play on ugto or kluth and try to take a well built, shielded, eccmed, defended icc planet. No you cannot get pcm mds.
-last point: if the shield was terrible you would build one on the planet as it is getting capped, not scrapping it on every planet an enemy caps.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2010-11-02 19:20   
Re: bombing shielded planets...use neutrons?

Email Antra
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-02 19:38   
the shield is useless cause all that ever happens it the planets gets tranny or station rushed

Email *FTL*Soulless
The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-02 19:41   
(off topic)never knew how to bomb a shielded planet without destroying the shield gen(off topic) but i agree on space admiral, the interceptor doesnt seem like a great idea ( not untill the fighters get reworked)

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-02 20:17   
Quote:

On 2010-11-02 19:38, *soulless *TO* wrote:
the shield is useless cause all that ever happens it the planets gets tranny or station rushed

This is true, but it is also completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread. The point is that the ICC do infact have a shield and I thought it would be interesting if Kluth and UGTO had similar buildings and the building I described for Kluth would not affect such a strategy in any way.

Quote:

On 2010-11-02 19:41, *The.Enforcer* wrote:
(off topic)never knew how to bomb a shielded planet without destroying the shield gen(off topic) but i agree on space admiral, the interceptor doesnt seem like a great idea ( not untill the fighters get reworked)

I admit that I dont play UGTO very often and as such leave it to a creative UGTO player to fill in the gap.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2010-11-02 20:50 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-03 11:33   
I like,

I have brought this up before.

One of the main reason was ECM is ONLY meant for kluth ship defence but not planetary. And it is tweaky. For kluth ,installing ecm on planets to defend it has mayor drawbacks like covering enemy bomber and trannies. So the idea was enemy should use eccm to beat cloaking device of planet to bomb and raze. Also that would give kluth a chance to defend their own planet zone.

Infact this idea came to me after people was asking no cloak zone around planets.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-03 11:56   
The shield generator is more effective against ICC then it is vs Uggie and K'luth.

I don't know why people think it's oh so great, that other fractions want a fraction specific building just for the sake of having one.

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2010-11-03 11:56 ]

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-11-03 12:35   
Quote:

On 2010-11-03 11:56, The Fridge wrote:
The shield generator is more effective against ICC then it is vs Uggie and K'luth.

I don't know why people think it's oh so great, that other fractions want a fraction specific building just for the sake of having one.

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2010-11-03 11:56 ]

in truth i think it the shield needs a buff make it so that you cant tranny rush the plnet till you bomb the shield to death ( make it so it takes 50 bombs maybe to remove it) icc would like more defensive qualitys i would think and ugto would need to learn skill everybody wins (cept ugto) even luth , bomber cruisers are nice for pres.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-03 14:18   
Quote:

on the first part, the purpose of the thread is to discuss the idea of a kluth and UGTO faction specific building, so i dont see why you are using it to announce that the shield building is usless. Although if you would like to suggest an improvment that is something different entirely.

Quote:

...that other fractions want a fraction specific building just for the sake of having one.

That is exactly it I want UGTO and K'Luth to have faction specific buildings for the sake of it, even if they are not very effective it would be one more interesting building available should a builder choose it.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2010-11-03 14:19 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-03 14:56   
I liked the idea, but we never go the planetary cloak working. (cloaking whole planet.)
Only time we got it working, but that was a cheat "remove noun"..

Ok seriously.
for the luth i would love something like that, but it would only cloak (hide) itself and the structures in proximity OR all the basic colony structures (hub, dome, farms & port)

It is all about how to limit and balance..
If it would cloak all the structures. How could you bomb the planet?
plus what other drawback would it have, energy requirement, workers etc..

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-03 15:04   
For the icc's shield you can use neuts/bio's to go through the shield but not take out buildings (i believe its been a while for me) or you can bomb the shield structure into oblivion first and then destroy the other structures. To emulate that effect the cloaking building cannot cloak itself and is there for all to shoot at and destroy revealing the rest of the structures or you can blindly guess which structure is which and use TKs/nukes to take them out. also the cloaking building does not hide inf so if you want you can just take out the inf and cap the planet. In this way the Cloak structure would give you almost the same exact effect as the shield structure.

To adress your second point i thought that it would have worker and power requirements equivalent to a shield sturcture.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-03 16:32   
so what if this cloak structure cloaked all other structures but itself...that way it can be taken down then the rest of the planet will become visible again...i suggest it has the same requirements for shield generator

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020547 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR