No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion Cloak building
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Suggestion Cloak building
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-04 21:26   
Quote:

On 2010-11-04 20:43, The Fridge wrote:
Then your thinking like a true Uggie.........

to "properly" cloud bomb shields you need about... i don't know...
a 3 uggie to 1 icc ratio?
not really worth it...

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-06 11:23   
Your trying to bomb shields with an enemy present?

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-06 13:56   
Quote:

On 2010-11-06 11:23, The Fridge wrote:
Your trying to bomb shields with an enemy present?

we have a magic device that keeps enemies away?

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-06 22:20   
This thread has started to move off on a tangent about whether Shield generators are worth it. The focus is being drawn away from faction specific K'Luth and UGTO structures. Discussion relating to the properties and intrinsic value of a shield generator on said ICC planet apparently deserves and should take place on a separate thread.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-11-07 14:42   
ICC = defensive faction
ICC gets defensive advantage

giving other factions similar defense structures = no advantage

therefore, not a good idea.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-07 16:27   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 14:42, Lark (Retired) wrote:
ICC = defensive faction

Kluth = offensive faction
Kluth gets nothing
UGTO = offensive faction
UGTO gets nothing
sorry i don't see your logic there, say that when we get faction specific buildings and maybe i will listen

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-07 16:52   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 14:42, Lark (Retired) wrote:
ICC = defensive faction

K'luth = offensive faction
K'luth gets a structure that spams SI at everyone

UGTO= armored faction
UGTO gets +200% to all structure health

your logic is flawed

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-07 16:56   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 16:52, Scorched Soul[+R] wrote:

UGTO= armored faction

Hmmm

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-07 17:09   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 16:56, The Fridge wrote:

Hmmm

If a UGTO player would like to announce themselves as being something different that is all well and good but when i break down factions i go

ICC= shields, long range, Missles
UGTO= specialized armors, med range, projectiles
K'luth = cloaked, close range, beams/ torps

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-11-07 19:24 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-07 18:13   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 17:09, Scorched Soul[+R] wrote:

If a UGTO player would like to announce themselves as being something different that is all well and good but when i break down factions i go

ICC= shields, long range, Missles
UGTO= specialized armors, med range, projectiles
K'luth = cloaked, close range, beams/ torps

ummm what range and missles? Rails are nothing but an annoyance as a planet defence. and missles are next to useless.....Luth just cloak and they go boom and the increased PD rate means they don't do much against ugto. So that only leaves ICC with shields.......

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-11-07 19:24 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-07 19:20   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 18:13, *soulless *TO* wrote:

ummm what range and missles? Rails are nothing but an annoyance as a planet defence. and missles are next to useless.....Luth just cloak and they go boom and the increased PD rate means they don't do much against ugto. So that only leaves ICC with shields.......

would IQQ quit underestimating rails? they are better than pcannons at over 400 gu. Now tell me unless you're a bomber or tranny when do you approach 400 gu? not to mention icc planets are more adept at hitting small targets and targets at a longer range. Also missles do more than annoy. In a battle against DEFENDING FORCES(something evey IQQ argument for some reason lacks) those missles count, either for pd against your other 1 ton of missles from that md or to drain our energy.
Kluth can cloak but missles during that time your DEFENDING FORCES can ping and hit him while he can't shoot back, and in combat a kluth won't cloak just to get rid of missles with the new cooldown timers.

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-11-07 19:25 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-07 19:32   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 19:20, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

would IQQ quit underestimating rails? they are better than pcannons at over 400 gu. Now tell me unless you're a bomber or tranny when do you approach 400 gu? not to mention icc planets are more adept at hitting small targets and targets at a longer range. Also missles do more than annoy. In a battle against DEFENDING FORCES(something evey IQQ argument for some reason lacks) those missles count, either for pd against your other 1 ton of missles from that md or to drain our energy.
Kluth can cloak but missles during that time your DEFENDING FORCES can ping and hit him while he can't shoot back, and in combat a kluth won't cloak just to get rid of missles with the new cooldown timers.

if rails are so strong how can UGTO and luth soak up numerious rails getting fired at them? And not many use the MD anymore Because of the PD increase. And how are you so sure of ICC when you play UGTO?

[ This Message was edited by: *soulless *TO* on 2010-11-07 19:34 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Trix
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-07 19:35   
before asking for another building, the planets need to be reworked to have more build slots on them,

back in version 480 planets had 32 build slots, and back then the planets could pretty much hold there own. due to not having to keep the tech labs on the planet, so we were able to build more def bases on them, since 480, structures have been upgraded requireing more workers thus takeing away build slots for dome and farms, then the idea of keeping the tech labs on the planet, and not increaseing the build slots, so the other structures would function, thus robbing the planet of 4 slots for defence, causeing the planets to be weaker,

now your asking for another building which is going to take away more build slots, for the new structure, which would require, a couple of power structures a dome and farm for workers, thus weaking it even more,

i personally would like to see planet have about 40 build slots, to help beef up the planet defence and making it harder to bomb them as you would be able to put on more defences, which would increase the amount of beams the planet can fire to take out bombs from a bomber, and this would also help by makeing it hurt ships more when they get in close to the planet.

as it is now, you can sit right in orbit of an enemy planet and not have to worry about the amount of damage its giveing you, planets in this version are a joke, period.

[ This Message was edited by: Trix on 2010-11-07 19:41 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-07 21:18   

This is turning into another pointless bickering session.

I'll just sit back n wait for the planetary changes. If IQQ wants to stop playing n sit on the sidelines till then, that's fine by us.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-07 21:39   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 19:32, *soulless *TO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 19:20, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

if rails are so strong how can UGTO and luth soak up numerious rails getting fired at them? And not many use the MD anymore Because of the PD increase. And how are you so sure of ICC when you play UGTO?

[ This Message was edited by: *soulless *TO* on 2010-11-07 19:34 ]

for one your planets barely have any def on them, they usually happen to be a depo planet or a sy planet. Also most def buildings i see are bunker bases.
I play both UGTO and Kluth(an alt) and both will have trouble maintaining constant fire from a planet on their own. These rails themselves alone won't damage a FLEET of ships, but you should get your DEFENDING FORCES to engage. When that happens the planet becomes something like an extra ship helping, if it is a pure offense/defense base planet it will become a nightmare.
As i play 2 factions fighting ICC, i know where they are strong and where they are weak. For example, i played UGTO and thought kluth small ships have a huge advantage because of trying to blind fire cloaked small ships. I found out with the cannons absurd close max range i had to put myself in danger to fire against a larger ship. So i adapted and am learning how to use kluth small ships better, also giving me valuable knowledge i can apply to other factions.
Because of above i see railguns are invaluable to ICC, on ugto the smaller icc ships can skirt the rail range and still do max damage. On kluth supporting ships can shoot me while i try to nail one target without needing to get close and thus i have to concentrate on my original target.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026375 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR