No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Combat dreds
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author ICC Combat dreds
Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-11-06 14:27   
Quote:

On 2010-11-06 04:57, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

so don't claim i "am not experienced and am a n00b who never even flew icc".

in truth i dont think anyone who hasnt played ds for more than a year (including myself) should call themselves experianced your a ga? it doesnt mean anything pres gain was messed up majorly compared to those who have played for years (Azreal stevyk etc them lot) you have little to no creditability. sorta why i rarely post in these kind of threads unless in am very(and i mean very) opposed to the idea. course im calling myself a newb, but compared to some i can be considered one. (course im fine with admiting it)

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-06 15:01   
in a battle combat dread vs a carrier dread combat loses cause right of the bat the carrier will jump close to attack so range goes out the window for the combat dread if it jumps out to get range the carrier whould just pull out of range and wait to recap its energy to jump closer so the combat dread dies anyways it lacks enough firepower to mack enough treat on the battlefield or def

Email deathblave
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-06 16:12   
Before i post on this topic, a forenote.

STOP OVERUSING THE WORD "NOOB"

I do not know how many times i have said this in countless games, servers, boards, forums, communities etc.

People use the word "noob" in the wrong context too much. if you think your a smarty pants and know what a "noob" is, go read the detailed description on urban dictionary.

Honestly. there is probably not a single active noob in this game, yet people throw around the word "noob" like its a common insult. it is NOT.

So next time instead of calling someone a "noob" because you dont think they are very good at doing something, actualy use that thing in your skull called your BRAIN and think of some more appropriate words that actualy explain the matter to the person.

/End rant

In terms of survivability, in my opinion a HC will last far longer then a combat dred. shouldnt this be the other way around?

a combat dred cannot go head to head with a battle dred.

even with a dico, theBD will get into effective range quite quickly unless you high tail it out of there, and even then you'll be slowed down by either evading QST's or getting owned by a steady stream of fie up your but. what do you have to fire back? a few crappy cannons.

/end second rant

[ This Message was edited by: lulzypulzy*STEAK!!* on 2010-11-07 02:58 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-07 23:03   

TBH, I think the CD needs to throw out its fighters in exchange for more cannons. Them's fighters are useless especially in small numbers.

But ICC definitely needs a slight shield strength buff. After that, no more. The pilot needs to learn how to rotate shields. If he doesn't, then he deserves to die.

And on the other thread, we were talking about introducing more weapons to keep things interesting, since free form modding is a no no?

Maybe a 3rd cannon choice for ICC should be some energy based projectile. It's kinda true that the having ammo limits their combat endurance in quite some ways.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-07 23:36   
lol ok well if somone does something stupid and it seems like a NOOB move to me but i cant call them a noob what do i call them.

I have found if you put some range enh or muliti or both on a cd it can become as annoying as a combat dread

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-11-07 23:44   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 23:36, Nova Team wrote:
lol ok well if somone does something stupid and it seems like a NOOB move to me but i cant call them a noob what do i call them.

I have found if you put some range enh or muliti or both on a cd it can become as annoying as a combat dread

If you put some range enhancers on a combat dread it can become as annoying as a combat dread?

or do you mean combat destroyer?

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-07 23:49   
ahhhh my bad lol was meaning the cd to be carrier dread

(to many dman cd name in here, combat dread combat dessie carrier dread command dread) anyone got some ideas for replace some of this cds
[ This Message was edited by: Nova Team on 2010-11-07 23:50 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-08 00:28   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 23:36, Nova Team wrote:

but what happens when the combat dread uses enh as well?

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-08 02:54   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 23:03, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Maybe a 3rd cannon choice for ICC should be some energy based projectile. It's kinda true that the having ammo limits their combat endurance in quite some ways.

one single, good support-ship can maintain the ammo-resupply for a normal fleet

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-08 03:13   
Quote:

On 2010-11-08 02:54, NoBoDx wrote:

one single, good support-ship can maintain the ammo-resupply for a normal fleet

one single, good support-ship is a very easy target for people exactly like you.

boom. supply is destroyed on its way to you. what now.

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-11-08 08:36 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-08 03:22   
Quote:

On 2010-11-08 03:13, lulzypulzy*STEAK!!* wrote:

one single, good support-ship is a very easy target for people exactly like you.

boom. supply is destroyed on its way to you. what now.

Nobodx, he's right you know.
I do tend to take out suppies if they are in the way. We can all be ganking a dread... and this poor lone suppie who's tailing the primary target trying to save it happens to get in the way, I target him for a moment, unleash an alpha to vaporize him, then get back to ganking the dread.

ROFL.....

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-11-08 08:36 ]

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-11-08 05:02   
The 2 main ships in question are laid out as follows:

Battle Dread - 2QST , 4 fighters , 2 missile , 1 HCL , 6 LCL , 8 cannons , 4 heavy cannons.

Combat Dread - 2 Ions , 4 fighters , 4 missile , 1 HCL , 6 LCL , 2 cannons , 4 heavy cannons.

Enough said me thinks.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-08 07:11   
Quote:

On 2010-11-08 03:22, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Nobodx, he's right you know.
I do tend to take out suppies if they are in the way. We can all be ganking a dread... and this poor lone suppie who's tailing the primary target trying to save it happens to get in the way, I target him for a moment, unleash an alpha to vaporize him, then get back to ganking the dread.

thats why i said "a GOOD supply"
a good supply keep on moving and try to keep a friendly dread between themself and the enemy
a good supply avoid enemy fire, and not stay still in space, waiting to get killed
a good supply will e-jump away, when a luth-dread decloak nearby or an enemy jump nearby and return when the jd had recharged (or fly back... depending on distance)
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-11-08 09:45 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-08 10:35   
I summon Raven clan to flame this thread to 11 pages!

Now!

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-11-08 10:43   
Quote:

On 2010-11-08 10:35, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
I summon Raven clan to flame this thread to 11 pages!

Now!

+1

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026797 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR