- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Elite Battle Dreadnought
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Elite Battle Dreadnought
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-07 08:33   
I think the humans should be given an exact carbon copy of the Krill. 1. so they can stop QQing about it. 2. so they can see why most 'luth dont fly them half the time.

The ship mod i suggested is almost a Krill exactly in fact.

(and for the record, I dont even have a Krill in my garage anymore).

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Gin Ichimaru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-07 15:09   
hehe, Az has a point, I see wat he's trying to get at. I just think that the Krill is fun

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-07 21:42   
Having played the Krill extensively for 2 weeks, I can safely say that it isn't the OP beast that everyone claims it is.

The crux of the issue is 6 forward arc and 1 reverse arc SIs.
Nevermind the useless twin PSIs. This is a med range, not long range, mind you) gunboat. Though a rather large one.

The Krill is less durable than the Siphon. Does less total damage than the Siphon.
It really is a giant 'sniper' of sorts more than anything. And head to head it still won't be able to take down a BD, AD, or EAD. Even the CD may be able to outlast it.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. The Siphon is much more fun to use as an assault ship.

Srsly, if they wanna refactor the Krill, I really dunno what to do with it. Kluth already has the Mandi as a beam boat, Siphon as an assault boat. The Krill is sort of a cannon boat, but ppl have issues with the SIs.

Perhaps we could remove 2 fwd SIs and replace them with 4 to 6 heavy PSIs? And convert those 2 existing useless peashooter PSIs to Heavy PSIs while you're at it!!

Kluth definitely need a battle dread equivalent. Ruptors.... Well, TBH, I find useless most of the time unless the target has been heavily hulled. They're more useful as finishers... albeit power hungry ones.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-11-07 22:26 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-07 21:54   
Quote:

On 2010-11-07 21:42, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Having played the Krill extensively for 2 weeks, I can safely say that it isn't the OP beast that everyone claims it is.

The crux of the issue is 6 forward arc and 1 reverse arc SIs.
Nevermind the useless twin PSIs. This is a med range, not long range, mind you) gunboat. Though a rather large one.

The Krill is less durable than the Siphon. Does less total damage than the Siphon.
It really is a giant 'sniper' of sorts more than anything. And head to head it still won't be able to take down a BD, AD, or EAD. Even the CD may be able to outlast it.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. The Siphon is much more fun to use as an assault ship.

Srsly, if they wanna refactor the Krill, I really dunno what to do with it. Kluth already has the Mandi as a beam boat, Siphon as an assault boat. The Krill is sort of a cannon boat, but ppl have issues with the PSIs.

Perhaps we could remove 2 fwd SIs and replace them with 4 to 6 heavy PSIs? Kluth definitely need a battle dread equivalent. Ruptors.... Well, TBH, I find useless most of the time unless the target has been heavily hulled. They're more useful as finishers... albeit power hungry ones.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-11-07 21:45 ]

removing 2 SIs and replacing them with PSIs is reasonable. Though i have a question, in dessies and cruisers the beam boat gets elf, and the assault boat doesn't. Why does siphon have elf and mandi doesn't if mandi is the beam boat and siphon the assault boat?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-07 22:19   
Heavy/assault PSIs, mind you. Not just vanilla PSIs.
And the trade should preferably be 1 SI for 2 or 3 heavy PSIs.

I actually prefer heavy PSIs over assault ruptors somehow. LOL. Better firing rate, less energy consumption.

Plus it has the PEW PEW PEW PEW thing going.

Also, I wouldn't mind trading in 2 SIs for 4 mines.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-11-08 21:34 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.014721 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR