Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Just wanted to say thank you
 Author Just wanted to say thank you
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-12 10:28   
Just wanted to say "Thank you" to the developers

DarkSpace is the game where the playerbase and the developers are really close together, unlike other online games (e.g. world of warcraft, eve online and such) where you have Gamemasters / Forum-mods (and dozend others) between you and the devs.
And you can really discuss the changes with them.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-11-12 15:04   
*Bump*

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-12 15:42   
Thought this would end up being a sarcastic post, but I'm glad to see it's not.

I have to completely and fully agree with you too. What keeps me coming back is the knowledge that the game is constantly changing. It's also what keeps me buying these silly enhancement thingys .

Darkspace is free to play, but these guys need a reward to keep this all going somehow!

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-12 16:03   
only complaint is that most of the vets of ICC left a while back...atleast the witty ones did.
but yeah, it reminds me alot of another game i used to frequent.

Gratz =] <3

We are the Falix Brothers...

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-13 05:02   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 15:42, Reznor wrote:
Thought this would end up being a sarcastic post, but I'm glad to see it's not.

i am serious, currently i play 2 other onlinegames (World of Warcraft / Eve Online) and the only way to contact someone official is via an online ticket, and those are "just" Gamemasters going through their checklist
if you're lucky, some gamemasters might reply to your posts in the public forums, and you'll never see any official ingame (except one time, ive seen a gm in wow)

in DS, the officials seem to be players, who develop the game and have a close/strong connetion to the playerbase and this is why i wanted to say

" thank you "

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2010-11-13 05:03 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-11-13 06:56   
Thank you

only complaint is lag, but what was said is true most games you dont even see the game mods/admins/devs nevermind haveing a actual conversation with them.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-13 15:25   
+1..

i think its safe to say i've had a very good experience with the mods here as well...

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-15 16:22   
You know, that really is a good point. It's smaller indie games like this that the devs bother to be visible and even active in the game itself, so yeah, thanks for not being faceless robots.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-15 16:36   
There isn't really any way that we can truly compensate you for continuing to do your usually thankless job and although it is just about impossible to satisfy everybody I would like to say "Thank You" and hope that you look at all the people who Post in the forum and play the game and think that

A. They still care enough about what you do that they are upset when they don't like it.
B. you are the people who make it possible for the continuous flood of complaints, jokes, arguments, suggestions etc. to go on indefinitely
C. You brighten peoples days when they can come play a game they enjoy however much they deny it with people they actually know (to some degree) as apposed a game such as wow where you might pass a person and never see them again.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-15 19:41   

Ditto.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-15 22:16   
Quote:

On 2010-11-12 10:28, NoBoDx wrote:
Just wanted to say "Thank you" to the developers

DarkSpace is the game where the playerbase and the developers are really close together, unlike other online games (e.g. world of warcraft, eve online and such) where you have Gamemasters / Forum-mods (and dozend others) between you and the devs.
And you can really discuss the changes with them.

nothin against you nobo buts thats the biggest line of bs ive read in ds in years.

the devs and playerbase are far from close. You mean the same devs who and i quote think the player base opinion is "worthless and unnessicary"
How many forums topics have been deleted,closed or moved simply becuse they dont agree with whats being said regardless of any serious points that may be made. How about the people who get banned and muted simply becuse some mod is a lil to happy with the mod contorls.

What about the dev logs being mysteriously missing much information on changes to the game of which we know there have been changes and try to create the myth everyone in the playerbase are idiots and have no clue about what happens behind the scenes.

What about all the arguments and posts about having more feedback to the devs. Having greater staff representation on all races or even having respected members of the playerbase sit in on dev meetings or have the player base in general have some effect on changes and balancing with out breaking it then spending months if not years nerfing it. Regardless of what they say there is a percieved bias ask the players and generally they will agree that there is either a bias or they have no staff representing their insterest in game as far as balancing or correcting problems they have.

OF course we cant miss anytime you have any problem witht he game ever. It has to be your computer,your connection your problem. Even when many people have the same problem it cant possibly be the game in anyway. I dont know about you but many mmos are upfront about their problems and dont shy away by putting it off on the players. This is how you fix games by finding and fixing problems not by imagining it isnt there.

im sure well have a staff member come on and contradict some of this but most of the people who have played this game for any length of time will agree with some of it if not most or all of it

[ This Message was edited by: Necrotic on 2010-11-15 22:17 ]

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-11-26 04:12   
+1 Necro

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Page created in 0.027764 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR