No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Interceptor Models
 Author Interceptor Models
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-18 21:57   
Correct me if I am wrong, but the last time I used I-19 interceptors, I saw they used the A-34 model. An old post in The Universe Today section of the forum showed me interceptor models.
In the fighter update (when it becomes ready), is it possible to change the model of the interceptor back to the original interceptor and not the fighter?

PS- I might be wrong, and am sorry if I am.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-18 23:41   
Quote:

On 2010-11-18 21:57, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but the last time I used I-19 interceptors, I saw they used the A-34 model. An old post in The Universe Today section of the forum showed me interceptor models.
In the fighter update (when it becomes ready), is it possible to change the model of the interceptor back to the original interceptor and not the fighter?

you know what would be so much better if they auto riged interceptor beams to pd that way you can send them to patrol a area with their beam lasers going pew pew at emeny missles

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-19 00:42   
Quote:

On 2010-11-18 23:41, jamesbob wrote:
Quote:

you know what would be so much better if they auto riged interceptor beams to pd that way you can send them to patrol a area with their beam lasers going pew pew at emeny missles

agreed, Next Missile spam ICC throws at an incomign uggy fleet, a single agincourt can save them from a horrible MD spam

Same goes other wise, all the useless fighter slots on the dreads in ICC or even the carrier cruiser could be effectivly used for any missile/fighter spam

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-11-19 00:42 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-19 01:52   
"you know what would be so much better if they auto riged interceptor beams to pd that way you can send them to patrol a area with their beam lasers going pew pew at emeny missles"
That would be awesome..

Email Icarus II
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-19 13:05   
If interceptor works as mobile PD, it can destroy missle, fighter and small ship. Making it too OP and change the whole fighting style.

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-11-19 13:31   
Quote:

On 2010-11-19 13:05, chlorophyll wrote:
If interceptor works as mobile PD, it can destroy missle, fighter and small ship. Making it too OP and change the whole fighting style.

And?

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-11-19 14:15   
Quote:

On 2010-11-19 13:31, Unstoppable wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-19 13:05, chlorophyll wrote:

And?

being able to stop an group of 2-3 md's with 1 ship? well its op, anyway ugto imo needs nerfs not buffs , dare i say return sparrows to prevois form and then icc can stand a chance againest ugto.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-19 16:08   
Personally, I think all fighters should be removed from DS. It's like a player who is in dread or station able to hire ships to fight for them.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-19 16:15   
Dumb Idea: Make a whole new class of Fighters, Point Defense Fighters. I dunno

Interceptors are quite nice the way they are. Plus UGTO got a nice PD Buff anyway so Missile Spamming doesn't really work anyway... or maybe I am a few patches to late :S

Anyway: Don't need I-19s to be Auto-Rigged with PD, you've already got Point Def on your ships anyway.

-Valkaryie Synperco

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-19 18:37   
Quote:

On 2010-11-18 23:41, jamesbob wrote:

thats how there set up, if there is a missle/fighter in there range they will PD it. but most of the the there just fired blindly in to a ship and get ate by that ships PD. also the problem with buffing PD is even more it would pretty much cripple icc ranged missle attacks further weaking the missle dred,cruiser,and dessie. as well as there station.

back on topic the fighter models are pretty much the same for all 3 classes, less work making 6 more fighter class models( 2 each per faction). plus im sure the devs do have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Email Borgie
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-19 19:13   
Quote:

I can verify for you that the I-19 has the same model as the A-34. This is not the intention, we truly want the model that is shown the "universe today" forum.
I will add the issue to the check list. as i can't find the I-19 model at the moment and fix the issue.

Thanks for reminding us.

About the Interceptor role. We indeed want them to function as a fighter/missile interceptor. The idea's and design requests have been made and submitted. We are currently waiting for the project to kick off.
When this is in process we will inform you, and hope you can give us feedback trough beta.
But at the moment we already have the requirements for this project, no need to reminds us of them again.
Thank you.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-11-19 19:19 ]

Page created in 0.016768 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR