No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Targetting self with SRRs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Targetting self with SRRs
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-19 23:05   
SRRs are ICC's recon craft (I say this because I'm not sure if they're named differently for UGTO) , equipped with one ECCM.

Now, I came up with an interesting tactic regarding SRRs, which is in the title. Basically, whenever you target an ally, a green diamond appears on your ship allowing you to target yourself.

Now, you could shoot yourself with lasers, or launch SRRs at yourself. SRRs have no weapons, so do no damage. Instead, they fly around you, acting like a patrol force equipped with ECCM.

Now, I'm curious, because it seems like it doesn't raise my sig any, but I could swear it takes luth longer to decloak when I had a swarm of them flying around.

I tested this using an AD which comes equipped with 2 fighters. I've heard conflicting reports that thier ECCM doesn't work at all, or has a lower range than a ship's ECCM. I tried pinging with it, but it failed. Then I was told that they can only ping if the cloaked ship is really close.

So, does this do anything useful besides look really cool? .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-11-20 00:52   
Quote:

On 2010-11-19 23:05, Reznor wrote:
SRRs are ICC's recon craft (I say this because I'm not sure if they're named differently for UGTO) , equipped with one ECCM.

Now, I came up with an interesting tactic regarding SRRs, which is in the title. Basically, whenever you target an ally, a green diamond appears on your ship allowing you to target yourself.

Now, you could shoot yourself with lasers, or launch SRRs at yourself. SRRs have no weapons, so do no damage. Instead, they fly around you, acting like a patrol force equipped with ECCM.

Now, I'm curious, because it seems like it doesn't raise my sig any, but I could swear it takes luth longer to decloak when I had a swarm of them flying around.

I tested this using an AD which comes equipped with 2 fighters. I've heard conflicting reports that thier ECCM doesn't work at all, or has a lower range than a ship's ECCM. I tried pinging with it, but it failed. Then I was told that they can only ping if the cloaked ship is really close.

So, does this do anything useful besides look really cool? .

cool

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Kangaroosteak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-20 00:56   
I'd imagine that instead of eccm, they have scanners installed, so it won't help with ping issues.

Goto the website of Kangaroosteak
furtim
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-20 01:45   
The database says they have ECCM. Though if they're supposed to have ECCM but actually have Scanners for whatever reason (bug, change that didn't get updated in the database), that would explain why some people think they don't work at all.

Goto the website of furtim
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-20 07:21   
they have eccm but its such a low lvl eccm that it doesn't do much.

Email Borgie
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-20 09:28   
The SRR (Short Range Reconesas) and EWAS (Early Warning Alert Shuttle) both have ECCM equipped. Yes there ECCM is of less strength then a ship one. (I think they have level0) But they should affect your signature if close to you, but i have noticed it takes a few together before noticing any big changes. (mostly it is only 0.1 per fighter)

I have not heard about not functioning ECCM. i have heard about a ping now working occasionally.

And about the DS-DB, I update the DS-DB, but only when there are changes.. Hench why we added Dates to the chapters, to show when it was last updated. I take my data directly from the DS source, so it is unlikely there are big differences, if there are then it is a bug and i add it to our bugtracker..

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-20 10:14   
It's the kind of functioning I want interceptors to have too: You target yourself, a friendly or even a point in space, launch the interceptors, and they stay with the target and automatically move to intercept any missiles or fighters in their engagement zone (to be determined) until they run out of fuel and return to you.

Even if the SRRs don't do much, i'd say launching them that way is better than nothing but using fighters is probably best.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-20 12:42   
Well, fighters don't do much against kluth dreads. You target them and they cloak, or more generally they're so close fighters can't get a shot off and just fly away and turn around.

Interceptors do better, but a couple extra beams doesn't really matter all that much.

Which is why I've been messing around with SRRs. Nice to see it does something, even if it's only a tiny bit.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-20 18:40   
if you people kne whow to use fighter properly, you could hurt a kluth hard,

1 tip, if you target in the middle of space, they will shoot there, if you move that target, they will follow
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-20 20:14   
some fighter tactics:
-As op stated, you can launch ECCM fighters at yourself.
-Target fighters at your self and their guns will shoot through you, makes and dread think twice before getting on top of your station.
-As stated, fighters will chase your target in space.
-Have interceptors or fighters, target near where kluth cloaks, since fighters hit from many odd angles you can likely see where their shots hit, and know where the cloaked luth is.

-To use fighters against luth, think like a luth and know when they can't/don't want to cloak. For instance, that station in midrange combat isn't gonna waste the time and hp of cloaking under fire of enemy ships.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-21 12:38   
As far as I know, you can't change a fighter's target (manual targetting space or otherwise) after launch. Am I wrong?

furtim
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-21 13:09   
I've seen it happen as a bug. Sometimes, I'll target space to send out recon SRRs, launch one bay, click a new spot in space, launch the second bay, but the first SRR turns around and goes to the second spot. They're not supposed to change orders mid-flight, but sometimes it happens anyway.

Goto the website of furtim
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-11-21 14:49   
you can manually target space and launch fighters until you use them all..... as long as you dont lose your manual target diamond you can ctrl click the same target and move your diamond target and the fighters will follow... however once you start targeting something else you lose controll of those fighters

would be nice to be able to order your own fighters to attack specific targets even after launching at one target and it is gone ... then click them to another target until they are destroyed... shame to lose their effectiveness just because original target is not there anymore

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-21 17:19   
Quote:

On 2010-11-21 14:49, ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) wrote:
you can manually target space and launch fighters until you use them all..... as long as you dont lose your manual target diamond you can ctrl click the same target and move your diamond target and the fighters will follow... however once you start targeting something else you lose controll of those fighters

would be nice to be able to order your own fighters to attack specific targets even after launching at one target and it is gone ... then click them to another target until they are destroyed... shame to lose their effectiveness just because original target is not there anymore

would be nice, but having extra fighters out cuase more server load, as well as lag for people who play this game on sub-par systems or connections.

Email Borgie
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-21 22:18   
each sfighter slots are limited to launch a certain number of fighter, i did multiple times lauched al the fighter on an aggy to its max capacity in flight and used manual Target to folow a luth dread

it wont change a dam thing if fighter can target a new target instead of returning to base
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024956 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR