- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Targetting self with SRRs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Targetting self with SRRs
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-23 19:44   
In regards to changing fighter targets increasing lag: I usually forget I have fighters even launched manual targetting a luth station. They'd probably get PDd more if you could change thier target instead of them just flying in circles shooting at empty space.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-11-24 01:04   
changing your manual target has an interesting effect.

i havent tested this with fighters, but from my experience this is what actually happens:

your client: registers that youve changed targets and will sweep any weapons fire that way. your client will also register any impact. you can do a close range scan for cloaked ships by firing your beams and then sweeping the target across the screen, they will show impacts when they hit the cloaked vessel. same with cannons, etc.

the server: does not register these changes, as far as its concerned your weapons are firing at the point you had selected when you hit the fire button. so while to you it looks like your weapons are sweeping, in reality they are not. this also means they are not doing any damage to anything not in that first line of fire, despite you being able to see impact graphics.

im not sure how this might affect fighters. you need two people to test it though, one seeing what actually happens and one reporting what the client is showing.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-24 01:29   
Quote:

On 2010-11-24 01:04, Lark (Retired) wrote:
changing your manual target has an interesting effect.

i havent tested this with fighters, but from my experience this is what actually happens:

your client: registers that youve changed targets and will sweep any weapons fire that way. your client will also register any impact. you can do a close range scan for cloaked ships by firing your beams and then sweeping the target across the screen, they will show impacts when they hit the cloaked vessel. same with cannons, etc.

the server: does not register these changes, as far as its concerned your weapons are firing at the point you had selected when you hit the fire button. so while to you it looks like your weapons are sweeping, in reality they are not. this also means they are not doing any damage to anything not in that first line of fire, despite you being able to see impact graphics.

im not sure how this might affect fighters. you need two people to test it though, one seeing what actually happens and one reporting what the client is showing.

i believe it works with fighters and missles, because technically they are active projectiles that are targetable, so in a sense can be counted as a semi-ship/semi-object.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-24 11:14   
Quote:

On 2010-11-21 13:09, furtim wrote:
I've seen it happen as a bug. Sometimes, I'll target space to send out recon SRRs, launch one bay, click a new spot in space, launch the second bay, but the first SRR turns around and goes to the second spot. They're not supposed to change orders mid-flight, but sometimes it happens anyway.

u can also use this for beam sweeping.

Click, fire beams, sweep the beams 360' if there is a cloaked ship within it that range it will naturally be hit by the beams allowing u to know where to fire.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
one of the most usefull anti luth tactics iv came across... (a boat load of beacons never go amiss tho)

didnt notice larks... my bad
[ This Message was edited by: Marius Falix on 2010-11-25 06:30 ]

We are the Falix Brothers...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.007078 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR