Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » K'luth haters thread! (yay!)
 Author K'luth haters thread! (yay!)
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-23 19:57   
Anybody else have problems with kluth?

I coulda sworn that 6 months ago a luth station couldnt tank an AD (enhanced with 5 beam condensors) with ZERO hull damage, just on drone's/AHR alone.

I mean, how often do the other factions even score kills against luth? I think the figure would be somewhere around 5 luth for every 10 of another faction. But why?

Ever since I've played this game, I've had massive trouble killing any K'luth.

You have a big ship: You don't have enough ECCM to see them.

You have a medium ship: You have better ECCM, but you literally make no dents that aren't immediately patched by AHR.

You have a little ship: So you have tons of ECCM, but does it matter? They just hop away after spamming all of thier energy into *insert name of ship bigger than you* where you'll never find them.

The ideal situation to combat them would be what? 2 scouts, a dictor (or two) 2 battle stations, a support stations, 3+ projectile dreads and 3+ assault dreads? Do these numbers ever happen anymore?

Why doesn't AHR just fix hull? Why do dreads/stations have 2? I mean, even if they only had one, they'd still be hard to kill. But would the other factions have a chance?

TL;DR What am I doing wrong to fight K'luth? Share your experiences please. And don't say "All you need is a scout." , because we all know that if I hop in a scout....who's going to shoot the K'luth? Cuz it sure won't be ICC Combat Dread XII, he's a moron.

Before you shout "Stop yer QQing" (mostly from people who only play K'luth), I'm just trying to spurn some discussion about people's experiences fighting K'luth.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-11-23 21:06   
Alot of people seem to think that luth have it easy. Really, its not as easy as alot of people seem to think it is. Theres more to it then cloaking and jumping out. Everything hasd to be timed and planned ahead more so then other factions normally have to.

If your trying to take on a couple luth dreads with your BD or AD or whatever then their gunna in any day. However, if theres 5 or more of each of you, and all of you are constantly pinging, then their cloak is quite often near useless. In this case, if all of your fellow players stay and fight (and don't chicken out as soon as their hull reaches 70%...which i see way too often, normally resulting in an overall loss) then there's a pretty good chance for a win vs luth.

Of course theres more to it then just whos got more gutts, such as player skill and tactics, and with the luth's AHR longer battles give them an advantage, but for every advantage the luth have, they also have a disadvantage.

Basicly what I'm saying is that when some thought goes into tactics, and all outcomes are thought of, everything is pretty well ballanced out.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-11-23 22:34   
love you to reznor

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-23 22:38   
Funny that.

Cos some K'luth players were saying that the game's changed for them too. Where they could hull a UGTO dread before, they can't anymore, after the recent patches.

In short, they're getting the feeling that K'luth weaps' been nerfed somehow. But, it's just a feeling, no substantiated evidence yet. Everybody always feels as if they're getting the short end of the stick.

To be straight, UGTO has had not much problems fighting us because they have the numbers.

If ICC doesn't have the numbers, then we can't really help it can't we?

You'd be as helpless against a UGTO Station/Dread spam as much as a K'luth incursion. Just like in the Babyeater thread, if numbers or rank don't favor you, it's situational/seasonal, and we can't very well buff your ships or nerf the other factions ships just to cater to your apparent numerical disadvantage.

Basically, if you're in small groups of 5 or less dreads/stations, then you're easy pickings for Kluth.

If you're in a group upwards of 8 heavies, then K'luth is going to have a hard time as you coordinate your pinging with each other and then direct concentrated fire on any contacts that pop out or decloak. Because of the weak armor, K'luths simply cannot handle a protracted battle.

In victory, it all depends on your criteria. I see that you want kills. Some ppl may think that forcing the enemy to retreat is already a victory unto itself.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-11-23 23:50 ]

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-11-24 00:00   
Quote:

On 2010-11-23 22:38, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Funny that.

Cos some K'luth players were saying that the game's changed for them too. Where they could hull a UGTO dread before, they can't anymore, after the recent patches.

In short, they're getting the feeling that K'luth weaps' been nerfed somehow. But, it's just a feeling, no substantiated evidence yet. Everybody always feels as if they're getting the short end of the stick.

To be straight, UGTO has had not much problems fighting us because they have the numbers.

You'd be as helpless against a UGTO Station/Dread spam as much as a K'luth incursion. Just like in the Babyeater thread, if numbers or rank don't favor you, it's situational/seasonal, and we can't very well buff your ships or nerf the other factions ships just to cater to your apparent numerical disadvantage.

Basically, if you're in small groups of 5 or less dreads/stations, then you're easy pickings for Kluth.

If you're in a group upwards of 8 heavies, then K'luth is going to have a hard time as you coordinate your pinging with each other and then direct concentrated fire on any contacts that pop out or decloak. Because of the weak armor, K'luths simply cannot handle a protracted battle.

In victory, it all depends on your criteria. I see that you want kills. Some ppl may think that forcing the enemy to retreat is already a victory unto itself.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-11-23 23:50 ]

yeah!

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-24 00:30   
Kluth do have it alot harder now with the 15 sec timer.
In small ship vs small ship, i can say luth pretty much have the advantage (my kluth alt experiences), but their small ships can't do anything to larger ones.
For instance: I tried the parasite cruiser, was able to make a dessie flee, a cruiser flee, then had to retreat. Later I uncloaked next to some fellow dreads killing an EAD. I kid you not, one alpha destroyed my armor and bit into my hull, 2 alphas could possibly mean death if you are already somewhat damaged.

Some kluth nerfs cater to nerf kluth big ships, with no regards as to the consequences on small ships.

--Kluth range nerf.
-now dreads with cannons as secondary weapons have to use them a bit closer.
-small ships have to go into the danger zone (under 600gu from a dread) to score a few hits.

--Cloak timer nerf
-that siphon has to bear with fire and lose another 20-30 hull
-that cruiser dies if you catch it with an EAD/AD after it has decloaked

ECCM is also stronger than ECM in my experience, so in large numbers humans will win, in small numbers kluth usually wins.
why?
-more humans=more eccm
-as there is more focused fire, humans can knock out dreads before they can cloak and use ahr/jump away.

Also, kluth is also the easiest to use tactics with. This stems from 2 reasons:
-experienced players
-cloak/predator/trapper nature of ships

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-11-24 00:34   
Quote:

On 2010-11-24 00:30, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Kluth do have it alot harder now with the 15 sec timer.
In small ship vs small ship, i can say luth pretty much have the advantage (my kluth alt experiences), but their small ships can't do anything to larger ones.
For instance: I tried the parasite cruiser, was able to make a dessie flee, a cruiser flee, then had to retreat. Later I uncloaked next to some fellow dreads killing an EAD. I kid you not, one alpha destroyed my armor and bit into my hull, 2 alphas could possibly mean death if you are already somewhat damaged.

Some kluth nerfs cater to nerf kluth big ships, with no regards as to the consequences on small ships.

--Kluth range nerf.
-now dreads with cannons as secondary weapons have to use them a bit closer.
-small ships have to go into the danger zone (under 600gu from a dread) to score a few hits.

--Cloak timer nerf
-that siphon has to bear with fire and lose another 20-30 hull
-that cruiser dies if you catch it with an EAD/AD after it has decloaked

ECCM is also stronger than ECM in my experience, so in large numbers humans will win, in small numbers kluth usually wins.
why?
-more humans=more eccm
-as there is more focused fire, humans can knock out dreads before they can cloak and use ahr/jump away.

Also, kluth is also the easiest to use tactics with. This stems from 2 reasons:
-experienced players
-cloak/predator/trapper nature of ships

yeah that to

furtim
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-24 00:59   
ITT haters only.

Kluthi eunt domus.

Goto the website of furtim
Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-24 01:28   
Quote:

On 2010-11-23 22:38, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

This can be clearly seen with RSM on ICC right now. All it takes is to pull out a mass of ADs and both UGTO and Kluth are dieing left and right (or course because they are now in numbers disadvantage). Once they leave, we are back to square one.

A bit more to topic: I haven't noticed any change in damage I deal or take (dedicated Heavy Cruiser pilot here).
[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2010-11-24 01:30 ]

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-24 04:12   
The last change anyone made to any weapon or armour in terms of damage/hp, was when I buffed the flux beam due to emp damage being broken, and that was so long ago even I can't remember what version it was (or when).

Going to lock this thread as it A) promotes hate, B) promotes flaming, and C) promotes conspiracy theorists (which I hate).

Page created in 0.016264 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR