No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » fargo rock
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author fargo rock
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-26 03:29   
hey i have noticed at fargo rock everytime i fix it someone keeps returning that area to a peice of big gaping defence blind spots when ever i log out.

as such i have noticed this only in fargo rock and nearly always proceeds a attack at some stage.

this may seem simmlar to what happened to luth planets in the mi systems

where someone loged in shifted the bases to useless areas.

this case they are also shifting research bases down.

could we please have the old locking system back that way we can tell what group of people are actually doing this because its getting anorying because the only way i can really tell what rank is from the lock that i leave behind and that keeps going back to first rear.

strike out at that find whos doing it and remove them permantly.

its not ai because ai do not have the rank of first rear.

*metaverse*
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2010-11-26 03:30 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-26 03:32   
there are a lot of fights, captures, scrappings, and razing while someone is logged out. chances are someone razed, or the cluster changed hands and back while you were offline.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-26 03:36   
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 03:32, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
there are a lot of fights, captures, scrappings, and razing while someone is logged out. chances are someone razed, or the cluster changed hands and back while you were offline.

+1 to raze.

K'luth tend to drop raze inf as a prelude to an assault.

Or we could just raze your systems for the hell of it.

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-26 04:32   
Yeah I've straight up seen some Kluth players say they're logging into an alt to dismantle an opposite faction's planet. And I've seen Kluth planets get dismantled in Delta Pavonis during the invasion of Epsilon Eri a few nights ago.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-26 05:52   
this isnt .482, where a planet could stay the same for days, weeks, even months. ICC can whack a planet in secs with an MD. A squadron can wipe a cluster in mins. K'Luth are likely to raze any planet to the ground, especially in Tau. It is the only system they know how to fight in. UGTO has a bomber cruiser and Command Dread that can tear a planet up pretty nice as well.

Its a different game.

The lock is annoying. Its good to keep ai from wrecking your day, but bad in that anyone can do anything to it still.

I still prefer the old fleet lock method to what we have now. What would be the difference, other than you would know who built it and is gaurding it against sabo and enemy?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-26 07:11   
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 05:52, Azreal wrote:

I still prefer the old fleet lock method to what we have now. What would be the difference, other than you would know who built it and is gaurding it against sabo and enemy?

I think a fleet lock method would work well along with maybe allowing fleets to add other fleets onto their "trusted list" for planets. This along with maybe a log for each planet would mostly eliminate sabotage.

Of course I have no idea of the difficulty of setting up such a system. Mostly wishful thinking.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-26 08:01   
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 05:52, Azreal wrote:
this isnt .482, where a planet could stay the same for days, weeks, even months. ICC can whack a planet in secs with an MD. A squadron can wipe a cluster in mins. K'Luth are likely to raze any planet to the ground, especially in Tau. It is the only system they know how to fight in. UGTO has a bomber cruiser and Command Dread that can tear a planet up pretty nice as well.

Its a different game.

The lock is annoying. Its good to keep ai from wrecking your day, but bad in that anyone can do anything to it still.

i checked it didn't swap hands and for the record sometimes i log in for hours at a time and even if i log out doesn't mean my fleet mates have also loged out.

also its to simmlar to the last 10 times i have fixed it.

noone that quick builds places the bases in a certain order to cover a certain area including civi buildings.

that is not ai that is player and its intentional.

the lock automaticaly goes to 1st rear admiral.

icc players after captain know damn well not to leave big honking caps.

icc players would not be so stupid to leave a planet like that for a whole day.

and as such this sort of building is always proceeded by a attack by either luth or ugto.

i am not some noob that hasn't a clue what they are talking about.

this is intentional it is not ai built it is not newbied built because they just place ramdomaly

it has a distinct patten and no one notices it unless they take a real good look at the planet. a distinct patten usually invloves a certian placement for example 1 in upper rings one in lower or all in upper or lower ring.

this building style i am seeing tells me its a player and its intentional.

people trying to help the faction make sure to at least cover the whole planet with defensive fire. not leave big honking gaps big enough to fly a few dreads in with no real damage being done to said dreads.

newbie work stands out right away.

shifting jobs do not unless you look real closely.

and about those raze inf they usually also wipe out at least 10 buildings.

and it usually majorly screws up a planet to the point where you can't do a quick job therefore the bases would 99 times out of a 100 be placed correctly.

not 100 times out of 100 being screwed up that just does not happen.

as such please bare in mind not to post unless you consider all these angles.

and yes i do know luth do swap sides to mess with planets i saw it once as a ugto and as a luth before i was a ugto.

and believe it or not it is usually proceeded by a attack.

such things were rare back then it is becomming way more frequent to just be a bad build job.

can one see why one might be concerned.

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2010-11-26 08:05 ]

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-26 11:41   
I'm not so sure. Luth don't need the advantage, they can just waltz up to a planet and drop infantry with no problem *or be bastards and raze it, constantly moving troops so they can't be killed* .

UGTO just station spam. 12 troops per station = dead planet, regardless of it's defense.

ICCs the only one that has to work to take planets, so we're the only ones who would benefit from sabotage *though I've never heard it mentioned in chat that someone was doing this* .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-11-26 12:08   
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 07:11, Bombg wrote:
This along with maybe a log for each planet would mostly eliminate sabotage.

This would work. Maybe only readable by a certain rank or higher, like Marshal and up for example.

This log could include at least a list of all recently built and scrapped structures (along with who built/scrapped them and when)(including structure deactivations).
[ This Message was edited by: Alcedo on 2010-11-26 12:13 ]

Email Alcedo
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-11-26 16:23   
this is a better idea you know how when a clan caps a planet it has there name how about if a planet is cap like let say my clan caps a planet no else should be able to mess with it unlees it unlocked

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-26 16:43   
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 16:23, _Agamemnon (CEO) wrote:
this is a better idea you know how when a clan caps a planet it has there name how about if a planet is cap like let say my clan caps a planet no else should be able to mess with it unlees it unlocked

That's how it used to be. I'm asking for that again.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-26 18:47   
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 12:08, Alcedo wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 07:11, Bombg wrote:
This along with maybe a log for each planet would mostly eliminate sabotage.

This would work. Maybe only readable by a certain rank or higher, like Marshal and up for example.

This log could include at least a list of all recently built and scrapped structures (along with who built/scrapped them and when)(including structure deactivations).
[ This Message was edited by: Alcedo on 2010-11-26 12:13 ]

this and clan based locks would eliminate the problem entirely.

however it would also be nice if you could allow certian players to build such as those who know what they are doing.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-27 17:13   
Fleet lock is absolutely hilarious. Keep in mind that the planets belong to the faction, not the fleet. The one who wants to put the fleet lock may find himself unable to build anything when all the planets in Sagi belong to other fleet and non-fleet. And so the fleets war burns.

Besides, since staff puts the AI engineer in game, they most unlikely allow the fleet lock.

How about the building log? It may raise personal attack. Building is the most arguing topic. Each player has his own reason to build such shape. In various perspective, the quality of such construction is different. So it's best when only staff able to read, cause they must always keep wisdom and justice.

On the other hand, a poor build planet is not worth a threat. I myself saw an AI built planet stay the same for hours, and nobody cares to bomb it. If I have interest, I would modify a bad planet. But if I'm tired, I may leave it like that to avoid FF and hope other faction will bomb and rebuild the planet.

Generally, a red planet among green planets promise a good fight. I know some players will never capture other planet so there must be someone do the job invidually. I don't bother to kill a transport just for 5 prestige. I may wait the enemy capture that planet and then the group jump the stations or dreads to protect/build it They're doing exactly what I desire for a nice battle time.

Planet is not real property. I don't understand why people want the planet to be steady for days. No bombing point, no capture point, no building point, NO FUN.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-28 00:59   
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 11:41, Reznor wrote:
I'm not so sure. Luth don't need the advantage, they can just waltz up to a planet and drop infantry with no problem *or be bastards and raze it, constantly moving troops so they can't be killed* .

UGTO just station spam. 12 troops per station = dead planet, regardless of it's defense.

ICCs the only one that has to work to take planets, so we're the only ones who would benefit from sabotage *though I've never heard it mentioned in chat that someone was doing this* .

orly? One psm can pretty much destroy or severely damage any building. Now tell me, how many psms and cover up missles can 3 mds fire?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-28 08:01   
Quote:

On 2010-11-28 00:59, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-26 11:41, Reznor wrote:

orly? One psm can pretty much destroy or severely damage any building. Now tell me, how many psms and cover up missles can 3 mds fire?

Exactly how do you propose those 3 MDs defend themselves?

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026183 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR