No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A deathmatch server
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author A deathmatch server
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-27 17:00   
so....say if i wanted to organise a deathmatch or free for all knockout...that would be possible??...but i guess a free for all wouldn't be possible..as the game runs on teams...bugger.....that's it i got it ^_^

6 man mathches...hopefully that would be feasable

first round would be comprised of 6 x 6 person matches and the winners of these matches are the last one standing with these winners then going on to fight eachother...
a relatively short event but imo a good one

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-27 22:27   
whats wrong with having deathmatches in MV. its not like pres is hard to come-by.

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-29 06:08   
Every match in the MV is basically a death match.

Why not get rid of Procyon server? The devs didn't want us going there to begin with anyways, thus they made MI the stupid op faction they are now. So why not just ditch the Proc server and make a FW server with that hole?

Seriously, which do you think more people would play now? A proc that has seen maybe 5 people since the change, or a FW server that can actually be enjoyed?

But then, that could be exactly why they wouldnt do it. Where is the typical DS penalty for enjoying one's self?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-29 18:57   
Quote:

On 2010-11-29 06:08, Azreal wrote:
Every match in the MV is basically a death match.

Why not get rid of Procyon server? The devs didn't want us going there to begin with anyways, thus they made MI the stupid op faction they are now. So why not just ditch the Proc server and make a FW server with that hole?

Seriously, which do you think more people would play now? A proc that has seen maybe 5 people since the change, or a FW server that can actually be enjoyed?

But then, that could be exactly why they wouldnt do it. Where is the typical DS penalty for enjoying one's self?

unfortunatly
the devs wanted to stop farming and "advance the storyline" so they made the MI op
except now proc is empty, as you can't 1 on 1 an MI of the same class and any planet taken is glassed in about...5 seconds...

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-30 02:22   
how about we just dump the now new sagtirus server right (witch has like 8 server in it)

dump it bring back the orginal metaverse ( just leave out everything else and just bring back the metaserver itself) with all the main server ie: all the home areas and the main battleground.

put the newbie server back out of the meta area so newbie can find it and not get killed then come cry about being killed " j/k" but put that back.

lose the proc server (noone uses it anyway) that way you will only have meta and the newbie server thus freeing up room. shouldnt that work.

i mean yea all the server may be down for a bit but wouldn't it be worth the time and work put into it and thus giving us a new server to play on and using az idea about the whole money thing to help bring in more money for the game.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-30 07:08   
It works exactly as it did before. And even un-doing the single server map, there's still not enough resources to spare on another high cycle map - we're struggling as is to keep within the resources we have available.

Our focus is the Metaverse, and we're not about to take away from that just so a few of you can use the server for a few days, then leave it (as it was last time, and the time before). A few of you may not like it, but that's how it is.

If any of you want to donate another high-end server so it can be done, then that's great, but nothing will be removed from the MV for a minority server.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-11-30 07:09 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-30 10:03   
Quote:

On 2010-11-30 07:08, BackSlash wrote:
but nothing will be removed from the MV for a minority server.

i don't understand why people can't comprehend this.

Email Borgie
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-30 14:52   
Scenario has been pretty well killed off and like you said a fleet wars server would probably not be popular enough to require its own space. What if you shut down scenario for a few hours a week to hold fleet war events?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-30 18:36   
Quote:

On 2010-11-30 14:52, Sops wrote:
Scenario has been pretty well killed off and like you said a fleet wars server would probably not be popular enough to require its own space. What if you shut down scenario for a few hours a week to hold fleet war events?

Because it means:

1) Someone has to spend time creating a Fleet Wars map (when we don't have enough time as it is).
2) Someone has to offline Scenario and boot Fleet Wars at x time ever day.
3) Someone has to offline Fleet Wars at x+n and restart Scenario every day.

Scenario is barely touched as is due to us focusing on the Metaverse and its gameplay aspects. We don't go out of our way to fix Scenario anymore, even if a change 'breaks' it (shipyards, for example).

It's just not worth the time and effort currently, and I know that's not what you want to hear, but we don't have the time or resources to spend on something that only a few will use.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-30 18:53   
focus on the metaverse is good and all...but many people i know wanted a fast paced, action packed game, IE the scenario. My friend was excited about destroyers being buffed (he was a pretty low rank), but when scen was "broken" by the sy he immediately forgot about all of darkspace. The update also "destroyed" my current fleet.

A twitch based game needs to be fast and action packed, but when you make a 5 star sag with neighboring servers action lags, with only pockets of action and a lot of camping and unproductivity.

Scen had populations of 20+ all working together or duking it out in large fleets, meta currently has around 20 max, and then half of them are camping or afk.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-01 08:05   
As it was stated somewhere, it would be great if there could be a dedicated events coordinator with the ability to make such changes, that way developers would not have to spend time on them. I know there may be challenges with that as well but hopefully it gets some thought.

Also, I did not mean to imply holding a fleet wars event every day, just a few hours once a week or so.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-01 08:22   
Even developers with moderator powers and server flags cannot change server settings - that ability is held by administrators only, and for good reason. Plus there's the fact that not just anyone is allowed access to developer tools and the SVN repository.

We opened up the events page so that anyone and everyone could make their own events - you don't need an event co-ordinator, or head of events. You make the event, and if it's decent enough, we add it to the event list. There is really nothing here stopping you guys from doing it.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-01 09:21   
I brought it up because you had made it sound like the availability of an admin's time was a limiting factor.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-01 22:32   
Quote:

On 2010-12-01 09:21, Sops wrote:
I brought it up because you had made it sound like the availability of an admin's time was a limiting factor.

When was the last time you saw an admin in the lobby or ingame?

Email -Shadowalker-™
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-12-02 16:48   
Quote:

On 2010-12-01 22:32, -Shadowalker-™ wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-12-01 09:21, Sops wrote:

When was the last time you saw an admin in the lobby or ingame?

thay dont allways show themselfs, thay are afraid of the light if you dident allready know it burns them.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019853 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR