No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Maybe a dumb question, but.....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Maybe a dumb question, but.....
sparky43
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-01 13:39   
I don't know if anyone else has a problem with this but running around repairing people is HARD and kinda boring. I understand they (suppys) have a real purpose and all but is there any way the rep stat can be boosted or the badge requirements lowered? I mean, I get it. repairing is important too but DANG! I've repaired and reloaded like a hundred people and I have a rep stat of 165 or something. I am not trying to be an idiot so please don't beat me to deat about crying. I just want to know an easier way to run that stat up than running around looking for hurt NPC's. This is in no way a complaint. Just a request for advice or some idea. I was thinking that a missile ship might give some kind of support rep since its a "fire-support" role.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-01 13:50   
From my understanding in one of the last versions supply pres was substantially higher and people were gaining a lot of pres off it for doing very little, so the devs nerfed it down and now it is much harder to get. It will probably be adjusted again in the next patch.

Look for ships with hull damage, not just armor damage and the bigger the ship and the more damage the better.

[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2010-12-01 13:50 ]

Fatal HI NSA PadmaVajra *XO1*
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2010-12-01 15:09   
not sure about whether you are getting proper sup pres compensation, you'll have to check with the dev team on those numbers, but...

Supping...should not have to be boring. If it is boring, you might not find the interest in keeping the entire fleet supped and ready to go. Frankly, when I'm in a small sup (as opposed to station), I love flying around making sure the ships are ready, I'm getting pres and...more important, I love to ready to jump right into the battle and save a ship while nme is trying to kill them.

I have my sups and transports set with the maximum def so they are pretty hard to kill and it can be lots of fun.

If the combat action is boring, the fleet action is boring, yes sup is boring..but then again, probably not even needed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-01 16:12   
Start supplying people in combat, as supply's are meant to, and you'll find yourself having a lot more fun, not to mention you get more prestige for repairing hull damage .
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-12-01 18:10 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-01 17:11   
Quote:

On 2010-12-01 13:50, Sops wrote:
From my understanding in one of the last versions supply pres was substantially higher and people were gaining a lot of pres off it for doing very little, so the devs nerfed it down and now it is much harder to get. It will probably be adjusted again in the next patch.

Look for ships with hull damage, not just armor damage and the bigger the ship and the more damage the better.

Actually you get pres from the amount of time you repaired, not the hp count. So me putting one drone on you and another on a different guy supposedly gives more pres.
Also, I do believe sup pres is hard enough to get when trying for the badge to be considered a chore. Heck building is even more fun.
Also Backslash a suppy in combat is kinda hard for kluth, it gives away position, take 3 seconds to die from an AD/EAD alpha, and IS BIGGER THAN A CRUISER, LEADING TO AN OUTRAGEOUS HITBOX. Sorry, had to rant, a suppy ship is bigger than a cruiser but 1/100000000 as strong in terms of hp and armor.

sparky43
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-01 19:24   
The problem with being a suppy in combat is the explosive radius you have when you die. The last thing a sorely wounded dread needs in a tight combat scenario is a large target striving to fix him while carrying the least armor and the explosive power of a nova when it dies. To be honest, the suppy is a valuable addition to a fleet, but it carries risks just like a missie cruiser: to whit, you can do your thing at your engagement range but if I get inside that minimum range I can eat you for lunch. I try to keep on the outside of furballs. My friends don't need to be taken out sympathetically when I go BOOM. I do sometimes get caught but I do what I can. Point Defense online to help my big new best buddy and shoot what he shoots, you never know, I might get the credit for a station or something while repairing my little drones off XD.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-12-01 20:03   
A good suppy pilot can not only avoid most damage, but make their splodey boom hurt the enemy more than the friendlies nearby. Any sup who just parks under a friendly dread in a combat situation deserves the friendly fire they're gonna earn themselves when they go boom & take the poor overweight bastard with 'em.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-01 21:24   
i noticed you said you were supping ai. ai dont give much pres as is and unless they jump to a planet with a bunch of players to hull it then your never going to get the pres you need. not to mention ai usally dont last player engagments. otherwise the ai jump to a planet and the minute they get like 25% armor or shield done they jump.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-12-01 21:29   
Quote:

On 2010-12-01 16:12, BackSlash wrote:
Start supplying people in combat, as supply's are meant to, and you'll find yourself having a lot more fun, not to mention you get more prestige for repairing hull damage .
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-12-01 18:10 ]

Yes. Combat supping is exciting.

A dread or cruiser might just decloak next to you and pass you some live ammo.

Balancept
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-01 21:41   
yes, the supplys who say they never die are particulary tasty.

Back on topic... If you don't want to drive a small supply ship around, you can always wait until you get fa, then hang around in a support station, and resupply allys that way.

sparky43
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-01 22:28   
Well I made it and I'm done repping for stats right now. I managed to be specifically targeted alot, and still made it. I still say missile ships should get suppot pres for fire support though.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-02 02:37   
Quote:

On 2010-12-01 17:11, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Also Backslash a suppy in combat is kinda hard for kluth, it gives away position, take 3 seconds to die from an AD/EAD alpha, and IS BIGGER THAN A CRUISER, LEADING TO AN OUTRAGEOUS HITBOX. Sorry, had to rant, a suppy ship is bigger than a cruiser but 1/100000000 as strong in terms of hp and armor.

Supp-drones have a range of 250, and luth usually stick cloaked together.
if a dread uncloaks all enemys fire in that ship, and while you repair that ship with one drone, you can repair another cloaked ship with the other one

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-02 07:33   
Quote:

Actually you get pres from the amount of time you repaired, not the hp count.

Hull takes longer to repair then armor, so more pres.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-02 17:19   
Quote:

Quote:

On 2010-12-01 13:50, Sops wrote:

Actually you get pres from the amount of time you repaired, not the hp count. So me putting one drone on you and another on a different guy supposedly gives more pres.
Also, I do believe sup pres is hard enough to get when trying for the badge to be considered a chore. Heck building is even more fun.

K'luth don't need sups, each of thier dreads have 2 drones on them whenever their hull gets damaged.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-02 17:26   
Just because kluth dreads don't need sups, the whole faction doesn't need them? Again...people never count kluth small ships in acusations or nerfs...
Also, kluth dreads may not need sups, but players need sup pres, thus the already hard to get pres just got to be a little harder

Kluth dreads do stick together while fighting, but its a pain when one dread point jumps away, both dreads move different directions, etc. Also, they stick together in fleet movements or during mass decloaking and firing. Both situations are not very good times to sup, as fleet movements usually are when ships are already repaired and during mass decloaking, that player getting hit by 5 alphas knows he won't harm a dread, so he gets a volley off the sup and it dies. So usually you stick to repairing small ships that pointjump away and cloak, waiting for their 1 ahr to repair them.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.195655 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR