No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Just an oddball question
 Author Just an oddball question
sparky43
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-02 23:26   
And before anyone starts on me, I ask questions because I like to know what people think. I don't always follow advice but i always listen.

Question: Can someone tell me why you go from scout to frigate to dessie guns (which are VERY few in number mostly) then to cruiser (which is DOUBLE the guns and about the same armor as a dessie) to a dread (which has UNGODLY amounts of firepower and armor) and theres no middile ship like a battleship or something? I mean it could have dread armor and cruiser guns or vice versa. Or even a mid point between the 2. It could round out the fleets just that little bit extra. It doesn't have to be a sledgehammer. More like a mallet. And while I'm on the topic of guns.... Why are missiles so limited in number even in a dread? It doesent matter if you have a dessie or a dread, you always have 12 proton missiles or 21 IT's. Is there a reason for such a crimped capacity?

These aren't gripes, just questions.

A Gundam
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-02 23:35   
lagg...

Object count is limited to reduce lag...

though id be for a dice roll system on missiles

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2010-12-03 01:42   
Yes missiles are limited to reduce spam/lag.

As for a 'middle' ship I don't see much need for this, if you find your vessel lacking in firepower and cannot get a better one simply ask someone to join you and group with them.. After all team work is king.

Goto the website of 0stego
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-12-03 02:13   
I agree on there been a middle ship, but no more missile boats and once things get ballanced out again on ship dammage side a few ships for the GA+ to make getting there a reward like it use to be for FA

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-03 07:34   
The difference in size between cruisers and dreads is a bit large and the idea of a mid class ship has been brought up before and the idea of making it a >GA ship has also been talked.

But it has always come back to not being a priority for the devs.

sparky43
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-03 08:28   
Thanks for your answers. I agree that the missile boats are a bit weak. They tend to run out of ammo really fast and the damage imparted is a bit low. I wish the missiles had a bit more damage to make up for their lack of ammo or maybe just a bit more accuracy. They tend to wander alot.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-03 08:37   
If you are in a missile boat you should probably stay close to a planet/station, if you try wounder off you will probably get killed anyways.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-12-03 09:29   
Quote:

On 2010-12-03 08:28, sparky43 wrote:
Thanks for your answers. I agree that the missile boats are a bit weak. They tend to run out of ammo really fast and the damage imparted is a bit low. I wish the missiles had a bit more damage to make up for their lack of ammo or maybe just a bit more accuracy. They tend to wander alot.

missle boats besides the missle dread, have been underpowed since the 1.5xx patch series to cut down on the lag on the server. also if you like missles, i mean really like missles play icc. most of there ships have them.

Email Borgie
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-03 10:59   
Hmm.. if there were a class between cruiser & dread it wouldn't be with many ships. Pretty sure it would simply be some sort of support type ship for the Vice Admiral rank. Maybe instead of Battleship it would be BattleCruiser

WhiskeyMetal
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-03 13:03   
I would like to see some new ships for the higher ranks (GA?, Marshal, CM) almost all of the players of these ranks I talk too are bored cramming prestige for a new title and the same ships they could get since FA and GA.
Would be some motivation to keep earning prestige and titles if there was shiny new ships waiting behind the ranks of Marshal and Chief Marshal.

I think I got off topic, SO yes a middle ship of some type would be a decent addition maybe a type of transport/mining hybrid that requires rank of VA and some badges/medals?

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-03 21:55   
Quote:

On 2010-12-03 13:03, WhiskeyMetal wrote:
I would like to see some new ships for the higher ranks (GA?, Marshal, CM) almost all of the players of these ranks I talk too are bored cramming prestige for a new title and the same ships they could get since FA and GA.
Would be some motivation to keep earning prestige and titles if there was shiny new ships waiting behind the ranks of Marshal and Chief Marshal.

I think I got off topic, SO yes a middle ship of some type would be a decent addition maybe a type of transport/mining hybrid that requires rank of VA and some badges/medals?

Wouldn't be very exciting to work for... sounds like something the Command class version of the dread would get.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-03 22:32   
why we are talking about new ships with no regard to the conquences on balancing issue.

why not just give the ga a station that only has photon cruise missles to be comepetly anorying.

oh wait i forgot that is not a balancing issue you get close and its screwed XD

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-03 22:58   
Keep in mind that they're rebalancing cruisers soon. Considering that the ship classes so far have gotten more/better weapons, I think it's reasonably safe to assume that the cruisers will get a damage buff as well.

Who knows, maybe dreads/stations will get a nerf when their time comes, thus making the cruiser a real "middle-weight" ship.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-12-04 06:50   
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 23:26, sparky43 wrote:
I ask questions because I like to know what people think.

Question: Can someone tell me why you go from scout to frigate to dessie guns (which are VERY few in number mostly) then to cruiser (which is DOUBLE the guns and about the same armor as a dessie) to a dread (which has UNGODLY amounts of firepower and armor)

Understandable, But let me give you the answer to almost all your questions.
Developmentt Log

Rework of all ship layouts:
    # Scouts, Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers, Dreadnoughts, Stations, and support craft.

So there you have it. The Covettes, Frigates and Destroyers have there number of canons, missiles all re-worked for the new balance. Cruisers, Dreadnought and Stations have NOT yet been updated. This process is in the works, but we have no ETA at the moment.
The cruisers, dreads and stations will get less cannons and all.

E

Page created in 0.017964 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR