Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Movie Tutorials
 Author Movie Tutorials
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-24 09:55   
I've previously made an 'out of date' basic planet tutorial that gives you an idea of what different planets can do and mean to the people you are playing with.

The next tutorial I plan on making will be me showing you how I build a planet from scratch but I speed it up so you don't have to watch the research and population grow.

I want to ask people that if you wanted to see a tutorial on this game, something short in a movie (no longer than 20 minutes), then what would you want it to focus on?

Previously mentioned points to cover:
- ECM/ECCM/Scanners
- Loading/Unloading troops
- Building in space
- Building on planets (Covered)
- Navigation
- Point Defence
- How to assign hotkeys
- How to refit ships

If there are some others that you would like to see or think that we need then please mention it and I will consider it.

I'm trying to stay out of sticking to one fleet so I will consider doing tutorials on how to fly specific classes of ships but i'm not fond of it. The problem I see is that everyone flys a ship differently so I cannot make a generic comment on it.

Thanks
[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2010-12-24 11:29 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2010-12-24 11:30 ]

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-24 10:09   
Quote:

I'm trying to stay out of sticking to one fleet so I will consider doing tutorials on how to fly specific classes of ships but i'm not fond of it. The problem I see is that everyone flys a ship differently so I cannot make a generic comment on it.

Thanks

That being said, i'm tempted to make a quick tutorial for the Missile Dread. It will involve checking the area to see if anyone is right infront of me before mashing spacebar.

Also doing one for UGTO but it just might involve a bit too much screaming "RAWR" or "POWAAAAA" down the mic as I spacebar myself through hostile fleets.

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-24 15:52   
This is a good idea, wonder what the devs gonna say

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-24 23:19   
Do one to teach people not to point jump stations/dreads in cruisers.

Protip: You do the same damage at long range as you do up close (unless you have crappy weapons with bad falloff) , without getting shot up.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Page created in 0.008564 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR