No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Game info please
 Author Game info please
LordWrathX
2nd Lieutenant

Posted: 2010-12-31 21:32   
Hello all. I'm new and have a few questions. I've tried looking around but I just can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

1. Is there missions I'm suppose to be doing or is it just fighting whoever pops up and going to help out at distress calls?

2. Is there ranks, levels, whatever you want to call it in this game and how do you actually level up and fly bigger ships?

3. I just read in another thread that credits are not earned in game but you have to buy them from the website. So with that, does that mean that someone can't buy any enhancements for any ship unless they buy some of these credits off the website?

4. How can I repair my ship? It seems that it will repair over time but seems to take forever and doesn't always want to fix. I was repaired by another player the other night but besides that I haven't figured out how to do that.

5. What is the goal of the game? I've read that you can put buildings and have a population on a planet, so is that the point? To build up these planets, protect them and then try to take over other planets?

6. I've been playing on the Orion server. Is that a persistent universe on there or do things change?

7. What are these scenarios I've been hearing about?

8. I've learned some basics on how the ship flies and shoots but is there any good tutorials on the general gameplay like fighting? I've seen some videos on the planet stuff but I was wondering if there are any other good tutorial videos.

Sorry for all the questions but it looks like an interesting game but I've very lost. I get in game and really just don't have an idea of what I'm suppose to be doing.

Thanks!

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-31 21:51   
Quote:

On 2010-12-31 21:32, LordWrathX wrote:
Hello all. I'm new and have a few questions. I've tried looking around but I just can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

1. Is there missions I'm suppose to be doing or is it just fighting whoever pops up and going to help out at distress calls?

2. Is there ranks, levels, whatever you want to call it in this game and how do you actually level up and fly bigger ships?

3. I just read in another thread that credits are not earned in game but you have to buy them from the website. So with that, does that mean that someone can't buy any enhancements for any ship unless they buy some of these credits off the website?

4. How can I repair my ship? It seems that it will repair over time but seems to take forever and doesn't always want to fix. I was repaired by another player the other night but besides that I haven't figured out how to do that.

5. What is the goal of the game? I've read that you can put buildings and have a population on a planet, so is that the point? To build up these planets, protect them and then try to take over other planets?

6. I've been playing on the Orion server. Is that a persistent universe on there or do things change?

8. I've learned some basics on how the ship flies and shoots but is there any good tutorials on the general gameplay like fighting? I've seen some videos on the planet stuff but I was wondering if there are any other good tutorial videos.

Sorry for all the questions but it looks like an interesting game but I've very lost. I get in game and really just don't have an idea of what I'm suppose to be doing.

Thanks!

let me clear this up right now

their are no missions no turtorials (offical anyway) and no real objective other then shooting everyone that pops up and answering destress calls

they removed the offical tutorial for some reason.

you need someone with repair drones for deep space repairs

or a depot planet

the orion server is persistent

the scen server is the one which always has a different description (kraken)

i hope this answers why the game is hard to play for new players and the dev actually at least give the tutorial back

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-12-31 22:41   
Welcome to the game. enhancements can be picked up in battles also but leave room in cargo .If u read the manual and pratice in scenerio you'll probly do fine. TIP dont use j until u know how to navigate good lol.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2010-12-31 23:04   
Quote:

On 2010-12-31 21:32, LordWrathX wrote:

Thanks!

1. You can be assigned orders by a higher ranking player, but there's not much benefit (in fact, most of the time you get orders because players accidently right click things while having you selected) , because there's no reward. The distress calls are there just to give you a heads up that an enemy (most likely an AI, so not really a threat) is near a planet.

2. Yes, there are ranks. You can press f5 in-game to see how much prestige (the numeric counter that shows your progress) and rank. In the shipyard screen, you can see the rank/badge requirements of any ships there.

3. Whenever a ship is destroyed, it has a chance of dropping an enhancement. But the more valuable it is, the lower it's chance of dropping. Most of the times, destroyed ships drop low level enhancements.

4. Any ship with repair drones (supply ships/repair platforms/stations) can repair you. You can repair/reload/refuel slightly faster just by orbiting a planet, and any planet with depots on the surface will do those things much faster.

5. Basically what you said, taking and holding planets. It's like any other competitive multiplayer. The thrill is from working as a team and defeating everyone else.

6. Yes, Orion is persistant.

7. The other server, Kraken, is called the scenario server. Basically it's a server that resets every few hours, giving the players a fresh start. It's for those wanting some small-scale action.

8. Learn by doing in-game is how most people learn. If you ask questions, you may be lucky enough to find someone willing to answer. My advice is: the smaller your ship is, the larger the distance between you and your target you should keep (unless you're in a kluth ship with lots of beams) . Big ships usually are equiped for close range fighting, and it's no contest for them vs small ships. But if you pelt them from afar, you're safe (you can dodge considerably easier than they can) . If they jump to you, hit Shift+J to do an emergency jump. Just be careful you're not in an interdictor field (you can visually see them as a large red circle, usually on planets, and sometimes with interdictor cruisers) . The interdictor field extends about 1,000gu in a circle around where it comes from.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

LordWrathX
2nd Lieutenant

Posted: 2010-12-31 23:11   
I appreciate the info guys, it helps quite a bit. I'll be popping in dying a few times for sure over the next while lol. Thanks again.

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-01 15:34   
What faction are you in (UGTO, ICC,or K'luth) or just faction hopping?

LordWrathX
2nd Lieutenant

Posted: 2011-01-02 00:32   
So far I've just stuck with ICC until I learn what the hell I'm doing hehe.

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-02 07:14   
i play tutorial all the time ... its in the download section

[ This Message was edited by: | Dark Hiigaran | on 2011-01-02 07:16 ]

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 02:37   
Quote:

On 2011-01-02 07:14, | Dark Hiigaran | wrote:
i play tutorial all the time ... its in the download section

I thought about throwing a link to the tutorial up there, but he said he's got basic stuff down, which is all the old tutorial really teaches anyway.

Well, at least as I recall. It's been several years since I used the tutorial .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 08:44   
Is there alreay an official tutorial in DS?
Oh, I must have missed information about it. Now I'm feeling totally new to this game.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-01-03 11:08 ]

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 23:53   
Quote:

On 2011-01-03 08:44, chlorophyll wrote:
Is there alreay an official tutorial in DS?
Oh, I must have missed information about it. Now I'm feeling totally new to this game.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-01-03 11:08 ]

It's under downloads, at the bottom of that page. Look for or cntrl+f tutorial launcher.zip
[ This Message was edited by: Reznor on 2011-01-04 14:44 ]

Page created in 0.018637 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR