No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Can we haz pods?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Can we haz pods?
The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-02 19:39   
Can we have escape pods, i dont really get the whole blowing up, and your ship teleporting all the way to the sy you orginated from with you intact

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-02 19:51   
Hmm..

Maby a "Pod" could be droped where your ship was destroyed, and can be picked up by ally ships, and when that ship orbits a planet with a SY, you can dock and pick up another ship....

I like that better than the res que in the SY.

Maby trannies can carry more than one pod, would sure increase the role of that ship.

Pods not to be able to move them selves...

I like that idea.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-02 19:56   
Sounds like it would make the game that much slower and potentially frustrating?

Email Shigernafy
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-02 20:17   
Thats why someone would be on transport duty waiting for people to die, then they snatch them up and send em back to an sy, would severely increase the role of trannies. Would certainly put an emphasis on team work.

Email -Shadowalker-™
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-02 20:39   
Quote:

On 2011-01-02 20:17, -Shadowalker-™ wrote:
Thats why someone would be on transport duty waiting for people to die, then they snatch them up and send em back to an sy, would severely increase the role of trannies. Would certainly put an emphasis on team work.

I'm imagining...
A: OMGZ SOMEONE PICK ME UP ALREADY
B: Busy
C: You're next to 3 enemy dreads!
D: I don't wanna get out of my shiny combat ship

Also, if people aren't gonna get a pd ship to save their fleets from fighters/missles, I'm pretty sure it will only be high ranking players who don't care about pres piloting tthose trannies.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-01-02 21:45   
In a future so futuristic and techniques so technological, which ship would actually have a crew for suicide?

Think remote-controlled pewpew machines. You sit back at your luxurious resort while your Battle Station kills ICC ships and earns credits for you (not for DS that is).

Definitely all crew would be replaced by robots on the ship by 2260 (DS Calendar). So what if Star Trek and SGU still feature ships supported by the oh-so-erring hoonams?

@SpaceAdmiral trannies are not necessary according to Enforcer's theory. Just that they are more effective and mobile than flimsy dreads and lumbering stations.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-02 21:46   
Quote:

On 2011-01-02 20:39, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

C: You're next to 3 enemy dreads!

Exactly a supply ships have a head enough time out there, what makes you think a transport ship will do any better?

[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Alucard (2IC) on 2011-01-02 21:47 ]

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 01:56   
Quote:

On 2011-01-02 19:56, Shigernafy wrote:
Sounds like it would make the game that much slower and potentially frustrating?

Sounds like EvE Online. (Which ironically, has the requested feature)

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 02:47   
So, basically, when XXX allied player dies, who gets on my last nerve anyways, I can just leave him there, waiting to be retrieved so he can respawn and annoy me some more. Hmmmm. I approve of this activity.

I shall just leave him there, indeed.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-03 06:51   
This would be a pointless addition to the game that adds nothing to the real depth of the meat and guts of DarkSpace. If anything, like others have stated, it would add more frustration.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 06:52   
Not the best idea for DarkSpace... Unless the enemy gets to tractor in your pod himself (that would be realistic)

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-03 08:31   
Quote:

On 2011-01-03 01:56, SantaClaus wrote:
Sounds like EvE Online. (Which ironically, has the requested feature)

or like starlancer, where you can eject yourself... and most of the time the sovjets blow your escape-pod

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-01-03 08:35   
id say yes if the pods could move by them self but at a limited speed and dont have jump drives, like 20gu/s speed maybe, but people can pick them up and jump with them to make there journey faster, but when people (on the same team) try to pick them up it asks them "do you want to dock with XXXplayer?" and also when docked you have the option to eject, this is to stop people going round picking up pods and not letting them leave. if your pod is destroyed by an enemy ship you get the usual options you get atm for dying "select ship or exit"....... this would make teamwork effective and would at least give people in a pod chance to get back, because if your the only one online whos gonna pick you up??

Lock 'N' Load

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 10:28   
realism would be, there is a husk of a ship left over after the explosion that must be tractored back to the nearest sy planet for repair. The ship would be unspawnable until the ship was tractored back to port, and that task would be left to ai "tugs". Those ai, and your ship, would be green to all, so they wouldn't be able to be fired on and killed. Kinda like our red cross are supposed to be treated.
ship reaches port, player gets message, and then can spawn that ship and repair it or leave it in drydock for slow reps, same as now. This would make blown ships unavailable for immediate respawn, which would be realistic. This would make the ships have to be towed back for reps, thus adding a reason why a ship that just blew out the eyeballs of anyone watching it explode is seen ever again. This would not keep a player from playing, but it would limit access to THAT ship for a short time.

Pods? I just dont like the idea. If I have to wait for somebody to pick me up, I'll just log out. Game is too slow now most of the time.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-03 10:57   
>Pod moving at 20gu/sec, no Jump Drive

Uh-huh. And have any of you people thought about the possibility of not having allies, or just none who want to ferry you? It'd make combat more annoying and there's no way a system as this can be ameliorated.

Unless DarkSpace finally implements x time after dying before you can respawn but honestly, who the heck is interested in waiting before they can do stuff again in a fast-paced game like DarkSpace?

If you want to take your sweet time doing things and don't like fast-paced combat-oriented, then maybe DarkSpace is not the game for you.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024762 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR